• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by miker View Post
    over at goldenk....errr....letsgotech.com

http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...5&postcount=17

from the WDT...
    Oh, yeah. That's where I read it. Thanks for the link.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Man... my head hurts from trying to figure out how you can be called for holding after the net is off the moorings and you're trying to keep someone from crashing into a guy laying on the ice. Ugh...
      "If it wasn't for my horse, I'd have never made it through college."

Last night was tough to watch. Here's what I noticed:

Red seemed to have a difficult time adjusting to the larger sheet of ice. I saw a lot of passes that were way ahead of their intended receivers. They were certainly having a hard time covering the larger surface (all the penalties just made it even harder)

I loved how the refs decided to put the whistles away for the last five minutes of the game. It's funny how as soon as UMass went up 3, the calls slowed to a trickle. Subtle. >_<

Did they change equipment recently? They had a lot... really, a lot of trouble getting good wood on the puck lastnight. Clearing attempts, passes, shots... everytime they played the puck it seemed to roll off their sticks. It just seemed very curious to me.

I'm digging the away jerseys.

UMass puts on a pretty good show. The place was still way too big for them though; it felt empty. It's definitely a better atmosphere at home. However, they did have a fog machine and I was jealous. I mean, come on... this is a technical institution... where are the lasers and beam splitters? Seriously, it should be like the musical performance from Revenge of the Nerds... ON ICE! Make it so Number 1.
      "Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable."

Comment

Originally posted by The Comeback Kid View Post
        However, they did have a fog machine and I was jealous. I mean, come on... this is a technical institution... where are the lasers and beam splitters? Seriously, it should be like the musical performance from Revenge of the Nerds... ON ICE! Make it so Number 1.
        I'm certain Ralph could procure an acoustical device that could add to the home ice advantage!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009...h-competition/
        Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

over at goldenk....errr....letsgotech.com

http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...5&postcount=17

from the WDT...
          Too bad that there's not a media guide anywhere on Clarkson's site.

I've tried looking for the past month while trying to do research for the NY Championship Belt.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

wicked:... I do not think UNH will be as good as they were last year. I expect them to be a little more porous and somewhat less efficient offensively( not that it was a juggernaut last year although they beat acadia 8-1 in their 1st pre season game last week) this year given their losses and reds gains. Early on it is once again all about d with red....i hate to say that but, there is some consolation in the fact that 'IT IS STILL EARLY" ..(i used that one far too often in the last decade). I felt bad for allen, he witnessed it from the bench last year and got a first hand look last night...lots of work to be done still on pk, discipline, etc etc etc but there are positives two..the pp should vastly improve this year (although i have not seen a team really pressure the point or the puck on reds pp yet), and that alone would have been good enough in the last three seasons to put red in the top four.The defense remains as a question mark. Positive note...last nights game from a defensive perspective was not as bad as it was in last years blowout games against the big teams. during the five on five segments the d appeared to give up far fewer quality shots on their own goal last night. they played very well in the first period.
            Last edited by blocker; 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              Too bad that there's not a media guide anywhere on Clarkson's site.

I've tried looking for the past month while trying to do research for the NY Championship Belt.
              Look to the right side of the page, under the calendar....
              http://clarksonathletics.com/index.a...key&path=mhock
              Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

I'm certain Ralph could procure an acoustical device that could add to the home ice advantage!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009...h-competition/
                All we do is allegedly kill marine mammals. (Thankfully, I am not involved in that.)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It still doesn't have the exact dates that the individual games were played, only the years.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Comeback Kid View Post
                    UMass puts on a pretty good show. The place was still way too big for them though; it felt empty. It's definitely a better atmosphere at home. However, they did have a fog machine and I was jealous. I mean, come on... this is a technical institution... where are the lasers and beam splitters? Seriously, it should be like the musical performance from Revenge of the Nerds... ON ICE! Make it so Number 1.
                    This is one I'll disagree with you on. Everything they did last night tried to make it out to be like an NHL game and there was absolutely no feel of it being a college game whatsoever. Maybe that's me being a snotty creep about it, but there's no bands, the chants were all based off stuff BU's fans do and I think they may have played every clichéd rock and roll song known to man on the PA. The student section at least had a lot of life to them, but yeah, the place is a bit too big for them.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Huh. Look at that. I was looking under the quick links, since that's where most intelligent teams put it. Never would have realized that that was the media guide unless someone pointed it out to me.

And, as Ralph said, it is still missing one of the key components, the dates.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        This is one I'll disagree with you on. Everything they did last night tried to make it out to be like an NHL game and there was absolutely no feel of it being a college game whatsoever.
                        But they didn't go....

M I N U T E M A N P O W E R P L A Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like they do at every professional game.

Comment

This is one I'll disagree with you on. Everything they did last night tried to make it out to be like an NHL game and there was absolutely no feel of it being a college game whatsoever. Maybe that's me being a snotty creep about it, but there's no bands, the chants were all based off stuff BU's fans do and I think they may have played every clichéd rock and roll song known to man on the PA. The student section at least had a lot of life to them, but yeah, the place is a bit too big for them.
                          UMass hockey tends to draw weak crowds early in the season especially versus non-Hockey East teams on weeknights. Next week's BU game should draw double what RPI drew. The music may be cliche stadium rock but it was much worse back in my undergrad daze when the student audio engineers would pipe-in smooth jazz and hip-hop. The biggest problem is the lack of a student band which has become a beating a dead horse subject around UMass as there's a power-struggle between the athletic department and the music department. The women's hoops team which draws friends, family, and flies gets a hoops band but the hockey team that outdraws the men's basketball team now doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
                            UMass hockey tends to draw weak crowds early in the season especially versus non-Hockey East teams on weeknights. Next week's BU game should draw double what RPI drew. The music may be cliche stadium rock but it was much worse back in my undergrad daze when the student audio engineers would pipe-in smooth jazz and hip-hop. The biggest problem is the lack of a student band which has become a beating a dead horse subject around UMass as there's a power-struggle between the athletic department and the music department. The women's hoops team which draws friends, family, and flies gets a hoops band but the hockey team that outdraws the men's basketball team now doesn't.
                            That's just crazy - a college hockey game without a band sucks. Breaks in play at RPI when the band isn't doing a song are at least filled with some of the finest 70s and 80s metal music.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I suppose I meant "good show" as in "well presented" maybe. We're on the same page though. That's why I said it feels empty and that it's much better atmosphere at home. I'm sorry if I failed to convey that earlier. I've been up for 36hrs. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out that holding call!

You are correct about the students, they were all lively and they could at least keep the stay together for their plagerized chants.

Also, I love the band, home games are kinda crappy over winter break. However, I wholeheartedly believe that they would do well to add an Asian kid dressed as a Native American bangin' a gong!
                              "Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable."

Comment

Originally posted by Wardy View Post
                                Sounds like Quinnipiac's arena; they're in the same boat. They don't take kindly to even having visiting bands.

Comment

Working...
                                X