X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by DavidSec17
    However, on UPEI's 3rd goal, their winger was allowed to skate right in from the blue line unmolested and put it past Merriam. Not sure what happened on that one.
    Brutlag made a bad pinch at the other end and it was a 2-on-1 for UPEI going the other way. Burgdoerfer (I think) was the man back and he played it correctly leaving the shooter to Merriam, and the shooter made a great high blocker-side shot.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
      Brutlag made a bad pinch at the other end and it was a 2-on-1 for UPEI going the other way. Burgdoerfer (I think) was the man back and he played it correctly leaving the shooter to Merriam, and the shooter made a great high blocker-side shot.
      I thought it was Foss. It looked to me as Foss could have challenged the guy while he was still up at the blue line. He looked kind of slopy to me.

Oh yeah, I do not like their new socks with the white netting over the calf.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
        I thought it was Foss. It looked to me as Foss could have challenged the guy while he was still up at the blue line. He looked kind of slopy to me.

Whether it was Foss or Burgdoerfer, that was a 2-on-1 from the moment they crossed the red line. Challenging the puck carrier right out turns it into a likely breakaway for the other guy because he'll pass off. Defenseman's job there is to protect against the pass being made and let the goalie worry about the shot. Defenseman did his job there protecting against the pass.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
          This was my major concern from last night.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Quinnipiac beat UPEI 4-3. Looks like were not to far behind!
            RIT Tigers
            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
              Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about that if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17
                A few things that stood out to me last night, aside from the play of our freshmen was that it seemed like we were more physical. CJ Lee laid someone out in the corner in the 3rd, Foss made a nice play standing up someone right at the blue line in the 3rd as well.

However, on UPEI's 3rd goal, their winger was allowed to skate right in from the blue line unmolested and put it past Merriam. Not sure what happened on that one.

It seemed like there was more team speed as well, and as someone else mentioned there was plenty left in the tank in the 3rd to fuel a comeback.

Looking forward to the drive out to Amherst Thursday.
                I witnessed both Lee's and Foss' play and they were good ones. I thought Malchuk used his toughness well -- in the limited shifts he saw. As has been said here, I think Rabbani would have introduced himself to a few of those kids who went unmolested in front of our net.

I think on the whole the defense did not do a very good job at slowing the attack as they entered the zone. PEI gained the blue line with ease for most of the night...save for the 2nd half of the 3rd.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                  QU did outshoot UPEI more than we did. Also, UPEI played a different goalie, and I do not know which is the better one. However, in any case, the scores were similar, so we are on roughly the same level as QU based on this one, admittedly not too significant, indication.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph:I believe that Savage was the starter last year. The goaltender that played against Quinn is a recruit..UPEI is projected to be a bottom third team in the AUS this year.(which is where they finished last year 6/8). Cis hockey is non scholarship based and not as populated with the type of talent you would find in the chl (imo) . I thought PI skated well and i thought Savage played very well given the number of quality shots on him. Last year he finished in about the same position, goaltending wise, as his team did in the standings, but like RED last year his defense also had major holes in it, as they appear to have again this year. IMHO the most significant lesson to be learned here is that the frosh, if unmolested, can put quality shots on net. A quantum leap forward imo..It is nice to see there is a new D assistant coach.
                    Last edited by blocker; 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blocker View Post
                      Ralph:I believe that Savage was the starter last year. The goaltender that played against Quinn is a recruit..UPEI is projected to be a bottom third team in the AUS this year.(which is where they finished last year 6/8). IMHO PI skated well and i thought Savage played very well. Last year he was finished about the same as his team, but like RED last year his defense also had major holes, as they appear to have again this year. IMHO the most significant lesson to be learned here is that the frosh, if unmolested, can put quality shots on net. A quantum leap forward imo..It is nice to see there is a new D assistant coach.
                      Thanks for the additional information about UPEI. Is there an official announcement about the new AC for the defense, or are you are just indicating that you are happy that we are getting a new one?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can we move past PEI? Game's over, result didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was how our players looked and not what we did against them or anyone else. PEI was also playing games over multiple nights while their opponents were not. Comparing ourselves to other teams based on how we played a team that doesn't matter is counter-productive. Come on, people.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Can we move past PEI? Game's over, result didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was how our players looked and not what we did against them or anyone else. PEI was also playing games over multiple nights while their opponents were not. Comparing ourselves to other teams based on how we played a team that doesn't matter is counter-productive. Come on, people.
                          I don't think that it is counterproductive, although it isn't real productive either. I thought the players, overall, played well.

I am looking forward to the next few games and hope to see a continued improvement. (I will take 3 PPGs in every game. No need for a continued improvement there. )
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

we out shot
                            we skated hard
                            there goalie had 10 big saves
                            we got 3 pp goals
                            we didnt give up a pp goal
                            our freshman are very skilled
                            our d was a little shaky but will straighten it out
                            at mass thurs vs unh sat hope our legs are fresh and we compete

york is ready
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I have to agree. We did some good things and some bad, now it is time to look forward.
                              There is a lot to do and learn before our first ECAC game, and that is what the coaching staff and the fans should be looking at.
                              Bring on UMass
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Could it be possible that some of us are more observant than others!

Comment

Working...
                                X