X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    You should know the station ... address by now.
    1 WRPI Plaza
    Troy, NY 12180

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      i was wondering if they were hinting at coaching? I suspect though you are correct that time, seasoning and chemistry may be what they were indicating.
      Coaching was my first thought also. My second thought was that I was trying to read too much into a few words.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Coaching was my first thought also. My second thought was that I was trying to read too much into a few words.
        Ditto-I was perhaps over reading also
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
          The Tampa Bay Lightning seem to have an interest in Adam Oates as a consultant or Ast. Coach
          http://ecachockey.com/men/members/re...sLightningCamp
          http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...g.html?ref=rss
          Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

• About the UPEI Panthers

The University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) Panthers are out of Charlottetown, PEI ... Anne of Green Gables and lobster country.

They are one of the more undisciplined teams in the AUS (Atlantic University Sport) conference and do take their share of penalties. Historically they have played with a bit of an edge, and in a preseason exhibition game this year there was fight at the end of the match with one of their AUS rivals that saw fighting majors handed out to the two combatants ... so they're not all shrinking violets!

Checking from behind calls in the AUS can be chintzy ... if the victim has his back squarely to the hitter along the boards then it is just about always called, even if it is a soft hit. The discretion is whether it is a two-minute minor or five-minute major. An automatic game misconduct is tagged on, no matter whether the original call is a minor or major.

Back to UPEI. They always seem to be a dark horse in the AUS. They bring in some good recruits, they start to run with the big guns, and then the wheels start to come off in the second half. Sometimes it is injuries, sometimes it is who knows what? They usually play a spirited game, so you should find it entertaining.

As a CIS team, they will be older, bigger and slower than the typical NCAA team. They wear visors, not full-face protection.
            Last edited by FreddyFoyle; 10-02-2009, 03:05 PM.
            "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

• Re: About the UPEI Panthers

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
              The University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) Panthers are out of Charlottetown, PEI ... Anne of Green Gables and lobster country.

They are one of the more undisciplined teams in the AUS (Atlantic University Sport) conference and do take their share of penalties. Historically they have played with a bit of an edge, and it a preseason game this year there was fight at the end of the match with one of their AUS rivals that saw fighting majors handed out to the two combatants ... so they're not all shrinking violets!

Checking from behind calls in the AUS can be chintzy ... if the victim has his back squarely to the hitter along the boards then it is just about always called, even if it is a soft hit. The discretion is whether it is a two-minute minor or five-minute major. An automatic game misconduct is tagged on, no matter whether the original call is a minor or major.

Back to UPEI. They always seem to be a dark horse in the AUS. They bring in some good recruits, they start to run with the big guns, and then the wheels start to come off in the second half. Sometimes it is injuries, sometimes it is who knows what? They usually play a spirited game, so you should find it entertaining.

As a CIS team, they will be older, bigger and slower than the typical NCAA team. They wear visors, not full-face protection.
              Thanks for the info. It should be interesting game tomorrow.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can someone tell me if these links are working?

Fight Song
                ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autoplay="false">

Alma Mater
                ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The fight song works, and I think the alma mater does as well. I do have to click them, but I'm fine with that; I'd prefer no auto-playing.

I run Firefox 3 using Ubuntu 9.04, if that makes a bit of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The fight song works, and I think the alma mater does as well. I do have to click them, but I'm fine with that; I'd prefer no auto-playing.

I run Firefox 3 using Ubuntu 9.04, if that makes a bit of difference.
                    Thanks. They are not supposed to autoplay. Quicktime is brought up for me and it has problems.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Ask Beman, he knows everything.
                      still smarting eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                        still smarting eh?
                        Take it out the bikeracks ....
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: About the UPEI Panthers

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post

They are one of the more undisciplined teams in the AUS (Atlantic University Sport) conference and do take their share of penalties. Historically they have played with a bit of an edge, and in a preseason exhibition game this year there was fight at the end of the match with one of their AUS rivals that saw fighting majors handed out to the two combatants ... so they're not all shrinking violets!

Thanks for the run down Freddy. RPI is a team that historically speaking, bas been very adept at taking ill-timed penalties. Hope springs eternal that can change their ways. With the addition of Pirri & D'Amigo and the return of Bergin on the point, the RPI PP has the makings for a good one.
                          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-02-2009, 06:13 PM.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

InCH rated us 37th of the 58 D-I schools (8th in the ECAC) http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...eat58_0801.htm
                            This same poll put Union - which last time I checked has no clear cut starting goalie - ten spots ahead of us at 27...Suuuuurrrre.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              This same poll put Union - which last time I checked has no clear cut starting goalie - ten spots ahead of us at 27...Suuuuurrrre.
                              Good point, I also thought it would be more than ten.

Comment

InCH rated us 37th of the 58 D-I schools (8th in the ECAC) http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...eat58_0801.htm
                                We’ve touted Rensselaer’s recruiting classes for three years in a row. Talent is no longer the problem in Troy.
                                not to intimate a problem other than talent, but I think that 2nd quote is accurate. Perform or move on.
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X