This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

And speaking of Allen York http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...3125271288.txt
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      No, they still look pretty darn bad.

My favorite part about all of this is that all the haters pleaded with something other than Albany. Be careful what you wish for, haters...!

Then again, most of them, like Got 6, wear hockey helmets all year round.
      Ah, well said Mr. Cloud.

Comment

There is a link on this page (currently at the top) http://www.foxsports980.com/cc-common/podcast.html of an audio interview with Ken Schott about the move.

Edit: There is a rather long musical intro.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-30-2009, 02:08 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          In the article, York said that he is looking forward to Oct. 8th vs. UMass.
          Does that mean that he will not start on the 3rd or that because it is an exhibition game, he will not take it as seriously?
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Remember that we didn't get much out of last year's selections last year. Bergin got hurt after 6 games, and York was the backup goalie until late in the season when he showed his worth.
            Ah yes-Forgot that we were Berginless for most of the year.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              In the article, York said that he is looking forward to Oct. 8th vs. UMass.
              Does that mean that he will not start on the 3rd or that because it is an exhibition game, he will not take it as seriously?
              I think he was just using Oct 8 as the start of the season that counts. That will be the first test for him I am sure.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                One would think having made the top 15 the last couple years-the results on the ice would have been better. Perhaps this will be the turnaround year
                Adding to what Ralph said, it's clear now that Appert's plan of attack was to build from the back on out. Having steadiness in goal and an experienced defensive unit helps out an "inexperienced" forward group with their mistakes and can help lead the charge on offense with those lead passes and steadying play all around.

Just remember, the forward units are going to be VERY young this year and Polacek and Helfrich are the "old men" out there as juniors. Kerins and Vassel I see more as being grinders and they're the only seniors out of the forwards.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Ah yes-Forgot that we were Berginless for most of the year.
                  100% That was a big loss for that team.

Comment

In honor of Erik Burgdoerfer and Audrey Stapleton, today is 1 October 2009. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      Adding to what Ralph said, it's clear now that Appert's plan of attack was to build from the back on out. Having steadiness in goal and an experienced defensive unit helps out an "inexperienced" forward group with their mistakes and can help lead the charge on offense with those lead passes and steadying play all around.

Just remember, the forward units are going to be VERY young this year and Polacek and Helfrich are the "old men" out there as juniors. Kerins and Vassel I see more as being grinders and they're the only seniors out of the forwards.
                      While I don't disagree that we'll be young up front, you can't throw the "inexperienced" blanket over D'Amigo and Pirri. These guys are not your typical RPI freshman. Neither one of these guys will look like freshman when they are out there. That's not to mention Lee who is an older frosh at 20, he captained a team that won the USHL title. I think they will surprise some folks at how much they contribute in year 1. This lineup causes immediate headaches for our oppenents...they can no longer shut down Helfrich and Polacek and win the game..we'll have three lines of kids who can bury pucks.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-01-2009, 08:09 AM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        While I don't disagree that we'll be young up front, you can't throw the "inexperienced" blanket over D'Amigo and Pirri. These guys are not your typical RPI freshman. Neither one of these guys will look like freshman when they are out there. That's not to mention Lee who is an older frosh at 20, he captained a team that won the USHL title. I think they will surprise some folks at how much they contribute in year 1. This lineup causes immediate headaches for our oppenents...they can no longer shut down Helfrich and Polacek and win the game..we'll have three lines of kids who can bury pucks.
                        No doubt our lineup will cause headaches for our opponents. Just think of the possible lines of Polacek-D'Amigo-Helfrich, Pirri-O'Grady-Cullen, Lee-AAG-Malchuk. Then throw JL in the mix next season.

Comment

Looking forward to Saturday night, I don't know at what level PEI plays, but they appear to be a tough team physically. (two hitting from behind ejections in their last game).
                          I look forward to watching our new players, but I would hate to see someone hurt in an exhibition game.

http://www.upei.ca/athletics/mens-ho...pt-20-m-hockey
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

An RPI press release about our InCH ranking http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/200...001093354.aspx.

I have wondered for years how our class entering in 2002 would have ranked.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking forward to Saturday night, I don't know at what level PEI plays, but they appear to be a tough team physically. (two hitting from behind ejections in their last game).
                              I look forward to watching our new players, but I would hate to see someone hurt in an exhibition game.

They do seem to be a rather physical team. I suspect that we will be able to outskate them, but I agree that injuries are possible and hopefully will be avoided.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Two hitting from behind ejections do not exactly make a team physical.

After all, RPI has had more than their fair share the last couple seasons.
                                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X