X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Providence or Hartford doesn't look so bad now.
    No, they still look pretty darn bad.

My favorite part about all of this is that all the haters pleaded with something other than Albany. Be careful what you wish for, haters...!

Then again, most of them, like Got 6, wear hockey helmets all year round.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Jerry D'Amigo and Brandon Pirri are the #9 and #12 ranked incoming forwards according to InCH http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...tsfwd_0801.htm.

The class ranking will come out on Wednesday. Will we make it for the third year in a row?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Jerry D'Amigo and Brandon Pirri are the #9 and #12 ranked incoming forwards according to InCH http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...tsfwd_0801.htm.

The class ranking will come out on Wednesday. Will we make it for the third year in a row?
        I'm holding my breath in anticipation. INCH is ever-so-slightly ahead of The Hockey News, The Sporting News, and the Food Network when it comes to outstanding college hockey coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          I'm holding my breath in anticipation. INCH is ever-so-slightly ahead of The Hockey News, The Sporting News, and the Food Network when it comes to outstanding college hockey coverage.
          As Mike Machnik used to say, "it's a ceramic dalmation", but it is something to talk about. (The reference is to a meaningless or worthless prize in a quiz show.)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Question that I'm sure has already been answered... did Bergin get a medical redshirt last year?

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              Question that I'm sure has already been answered... did Bergin get a medical redshirt last year?
              Oui.

Comment

RPI Athletics has its season outlook on the site http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/200...929094134.aspx

Anyone find it odd that Beauregard was the only returning player not listed? The article says how RPI returns 22 players, and then goes on to mention 21 of them by name. I know he's only played in one game his first two years here, but come on. They mention Harkenrider (the 'practice goalie') despite him not seeing any playing time.

Just an oversight, perhaps?
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Atlantic City?! It's sketchier than Troy!

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                    RPI Athletics has its season outlook on the site http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/200...929094134.aspx

Anyone find it odd that Beauregard was the only returning player not listed? The article says how RPI returns 22 players, and then goes on to mention 21 of them by name. I know he's only played in one game his first two years here, but come on. They mention Harkenrider (the 'practice goalie') despite him not seeing any playing time.

Just an oversight, perhaps?
                    Likely just an oversight, although Beauregard did suit up for a game last year.

I didn't bother mentioning him in my gleefully one-sided preview because if he's playing at all this year, RPI is in big trouble.
                    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

In honor of Christian Jensen, today is 30 September 2009. There are 3 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        Likely just an oversight, although Beauregard did suit up for a game last year.

I didn't bother mentioning him in my gleefully one-sided preview because if he's playing at all this year, RPI is in big trouble.
                        He could have improved, although I agree with you, it's unlikely that he will play.

BTW, nice choices for the media poll.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He could have improved, although I agree with you, it's unlikely that he will play.

BTW, nice choices for the media poll.
                          Thanks Ralph, appreciate that.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

For everyone except RC.

InCH picked our recruiting class 9th in the NCAA and 2nd to Harvard in the ECAC http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...steam_0801.htm. We have made the top 15 each of the last three years, and six players, 2 per year, have been picked for the position lists, Brutlag, Helfrich, Bergin, York, and D'Amigo, and Pirri. I am pretty sure that none were selected prior to 2007.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For everyone except RC.

InCH picked our recruiting class 9th in the NCAA and 2nd to Harvard in the ECAC http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...steam_0801.htm. We have made the top 15 each of the last three years, and six players, 2 per year, have been picked for the position lists, Brutlag, Helfrich, Bergin, York, and D'Amigo, and Pirri. I am pretty sure that none were selected prior to 2007.
                              One would think having made the top 15 the last couple years-the results on the ice would have been better. Perhaps this will be the turnaround year
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                One would think having made the top 15 the last couple years-the results on the ice would have been better. Perhaps this will be the turnaround year
                                Remember that we didn't get much out of last year's selections last year. Bergin got hurt after 6 games, and York was the backup goalie until late in the season when he showed his worth.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X