This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

ECAC website has an annoucement about the tournament moving to Atlantic City in 2011.
    I was a supporter of Albany, but the tournament never took off for many reasons. RPI never made the field. the league. The arena and the city just never did a great job marketing it and many people didn't like Albany.
    A destination site like Atlantic City may help; if it is promoted and marketed well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I refrained.
      Double standard. I want a recount.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        You're not allowed to say this, it was already mentioned. Ralph will be along shortly to chastise you.
        I most humbly appologize.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          I most humbly appologize.
          Don't apologize to me, apologize to Ralph.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Don't apologize to me, apologize to Ralph.
            my apology was to the thread, as I wasted their time.
            Both you and Ralph were included.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

8th and 10th in the two preseason polls who cares

we will be top 6 in the ecac come playoffs

we can sneak up on people with our 2 stud frosh
              everyone on d back and healthy
              help for #21 and #15
              a full year of york

mark my words the tournament will fail in atlantic city
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Atlantic City? On the boardwalk? This has to be a joke. Maybe we can get Princeton, Brown Harvard & Dartmouth and nobody will go. Is there a rink in AC with seating? Count me out after going to about 30 tournaments in the last 37 years.

Comment

My prediction (somewhat tongue in cheek): RPI and Union will both spring upsets to make it to Albany in March. The semis and finals will be played in front of 10K plus roaring fans. Then the ECAC will pack up and move to the centrally-located hockey hotbed of AC. The following three tournaments will be played in front of fewer than 10K fans total.

I wonder how many of the whiners that complained about Albany will go now that it will be in a tourist destination. My guess - very few. Someone should lose their job for this decision..............

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                    Atlantic City? On the boardwalk? This has to be a joke. Maybe we can get Princeton, Brown Harvard & Dartmouth and nobody will go. Is there a rink in AC with seating? Count me out after going to about 30 tournaments in the last 37 years.
                    I agree completely. This seems like a crazy idea. Other than making it easier for Ralph to attend, what benefit is there to this? Are we going to get all of the retired gamblers to come see a hickey game?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                      I agree completely. This seems like a crazy idea. Other than making it easier for Ralph to attend, what benefit is there to this? Are we going to get all of the retired gamblers to come see a hickey game?
                      Not really easier for me. Closer, yes, but not easier. There are direct flights to Albany if I want to go, but either one has to drive to AC, fly to Philly and take the train, or fly changing planes in some out-of-the-way place like Atlanta,
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Atlantic City! Wow what a great idea, and if that doesn't work they can move it to Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                          Atlantic City! Wow what a great idea, and if that doesn't work they can move it to Texas
                          This made me laugh.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Phoenix has an arena. It may even be empty.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                              ECAC website has an annoucement about the tournament moving to Atlantic City in 2011.
                              I was a supporter of Albany, but the tournament never took off for many reasons. RPI never made the field. the league. The arena and the city just never did a great job marketing it and many people didn't like Albany.
                              A destination site like Atlantic City may help; if it is promoted and marketed well.
                              After witnessing some of the cluster you know whats the officials turned games into last year when I know ECACHL officials were in the house I said to myself there must be more to it than I think...there must be a reason they let this go on they just can't be that stupid...well guess what they are just that stupid !!!!!!
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Providence or Hartford doesn't look so bad now.

Good Luck getting the local fans(RPI /Union) to drive 5 hours to the tournament if neither team is in it, and further for most other schools.

I work in downtown Albany and I do realize it can be pretty sketchy and the city hasn't seemed to care if the tournament stayed or not, but there had to be a better option than going further away from most ECAC schools, to a city where you can see a pawn shop on every corner. Guess the days of me pulling a nooner at B-Way Joes on the Friday of the ECAC's are over after this year.
                                Last edited by DavidSec17; 09-29-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X