X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Good.
    The Gazette is now charging for on-line news, but that part is visible: http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/sep/28/ecach_928/.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I received a message from "a reliable source" that we were picked #8 in the ECAC coaches' poll.
      http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-1...aches_Poll.pdf

Code:
      1.  Yale
      2.  Cornell
      3.  Princeton
      4.  Harvard
      5.  Dartmouth
      6.  Union
      7.  Colgate
      8.  Quinnipiac
          RPI
      10. SLU
      11. Clarkson
      12. Brown
      APBWiki

Comment

We were tied for 8th in the coach's poll and 10th in the media poll.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Good again.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            That confirms for me that at least two of the posters here are on par with the coaches about the team and that most of the media is playing the role of ignoramuses.

I like that.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

*****http://i171.***********.com/albums/u303/jamio157/223ef4eb.jpg******
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                That confirms for me that at least two of the posters here are on par with the coaches about the team and that most of the media is playing the role of ignoramuses.

I like that.
                As I have stated before, pre-season polls are useless, save for lining birdcages or wrapping dead fish. Apparently the voters were on vacation last March when we schooled Dartmouth in their barn and then took SUNY Ithaca to 3 in front of the Vietkong. I sure would like to know where Gaudet and Fat Mike put us on their sheets.

What do I know..I do look forward to seeing the boys prove them wrong. But then again, I do wear Cherry-colored glasses.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  As I have stated before, pre-season polls are useless, save for lining birdcages or wrapping dead fish. Apparently the voters were on vacation last March when we schooled Dartmouth in their barn and then took SUNY Ithaca to 3 in front of the Vietkong. I sure would like to know where Gaudet and Fat Mike put us on their sheets.

What do I know..I do look forward to seeing the boys prove them wrong. But then again, I do wear Cherry-colored glasses.
                  Look at it this way, the media was very close to having RPI both 9th or 11th. Given that there were 25 people who were polled and the presumption that the point scale goes 12-1 depending on placement, the fact that Brown got 35 points shows that some folks didn't have the Bears as finishing dead last which means that honor likely went to any part of Quinnipiac, Colgate or RPI to those who voted.

Obviously that's their opinion on things and they've got every right to it, but I can say for a fact that I know of two voters that had RPI ranked no lower than 7th which leads me to believe that RPI, likely, had a small handful of folks pencil them in for last.

Like you said, not like it matters since it's just a poll but it might be easy to find the folks who voted them really low this year if RPI does what I think they're capable of doing.

Comment

Preseason polls = Papier du Toilette
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Preseason polls = Papier du Toilette
                      You'll read something very soon that will both confirm this and get you excited.

Comment

In honor of Bryan Brutlag, today is 29 September 2009. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A nice article from the Poly about the sled hockey game http://poly.rpi.edu/?p=463.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For anyone who cares,
                            I was able to get the RPI men's hockey web casts from B2 networks for the same $75.00 as last year.
                            That option was not available last week.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              For anyone who cares,
                              I was able to get the RPI men's hockey web casts from B2 networks for the same $75.00 as last year.
                              That option was not available last week.
                              You're not allowed to say this, it was already mentioned. Ralph will be along shortly to chastise you.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                You're not allowed to say this, it was already mentioned. Ralph will be along shortly to chastise you.
                                I refrained.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X