X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Also, getting a top-4 spot in the conference with only a .500 record? Our non-conference schedule isn't that tough, especially with the number of AHA teams we've scheduled this year. Makes it difficult to assume a bye for the league playoffs.
    3 points on home weekends, 2 points on road weekends, and you've got a bye. Points vs. Union become bonus points.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      3 points on home weekends, 2 points on road weekends, and you've got a bye. Points vs. Union become bonus points.
      That formula has worked virtually every year.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I'm looking at the picture of D'Amigo and Pirri in the Record article and I notice that there are three banners hanging in the background, labeled, respectively, "NCAA 1954," "NCAA 1985," and "AWCHA 1994."

I don't remember the third banner hanging there during my visit to the Field House last season. Has RPI suddenly and belatedly come to the realization that it won something 15 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          I'm looking at the picture of D'Amigo and Pirri in the Record article and I notice that there are three banners hanging in the background, labeled, respectively, "NCAA 1954," "NCAA 1985," and "AWCHA 1994."

I don't remember the third banner hanging there during my visit to the Field House last season. Has RPI suddenly and belatedly come to the realization that it won something 15 years ago?
          I guess the women won the club level championship.

Speaking of the picture though, I don't like the newspaper socks much at all (black and white and red all over). We need to reduce or get rid of the black or the white - I don't care which. Three colors rarely works on socks when the base color is dark.

Of course maybe it's just the color levels in the picture. The pants look red and the socks and jerseys look like they have some orange mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            So, I looked back through 02-03, which is when the playoff format changed to the current structure.

In theory, this strategy holds. In the past three years, 24, 25, and 26 points gave the team a first-round bye. So, even one point against Union gives us home-ice in the second round.

Code:
            Year      Pts   Record  Team
            02-03	  26	13-9-0	Yale
            03-04	  27	10-5-7	Dartmouth
            04-05	  29	13-6-3	Vermont
            05-06	  27	13-8-1	Harvard
            06-07	  24	10-8-4	Cornell
            07-08	  25	10-7-5	Union
            08-09	  26	11-7-4	St. Lawrence
            However, no fourth-place team in the past seven years has had a record less than two games over .500. Meaning that we would have to be two games under .500 in non-conference games.

Embarrassing losses to Sacred Heart and ZooMass last year should be motivation enough to get those early wins. A win against at least one of the Alaska teams, Army, AIC, Niagara, and Bentley leaves us at 6-8. A possible game against MTU for the consolation of the GLI or LSSU in our home tourney plus a game against Union are all opportunities to go .500 in non-conference play.

I'm hopeful, but I don't see us going from 7-25-2 to above .500 in one year, even with our incoming recruits. So, if we go .500 in non-conference play, that means that we go .500 in ECAC play, too. Theoretically, that's good enough to give us a bye, but empirical data varies.

But, then again, that's just my opinion. And, as I've said before, there's a reason they play the games. So, let's drop the puck already!
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I always seem to be very optimistic about the team this time of the year. That has burned me each of the last few years. In any case, I will be quite disappointed if we don't get to 15%.
              I'll be disappointed if one of either Pirri or D'Amigo doesn't score as many goals than the entire senior class that just graduated (16 goals).

I'll also be disappointed if we don't have at least five 10 goal scorers.

Comment

The new road jerseys look pretty freaking awesome.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

The women's banner has been there for years............

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                    I guess the women won the club level championship.

Speaking of the picture though, I don't like the newspaper socks much at all (black and white and red all over). We need to reduce or get rid of the black or the white - I don't care which. Three colors rarely works on socks when the base color is dark.

Of course maybe it's just the color levels in the picture. The pants look red and the socks and jerseys look like they have some orange mixed in.
                    I think the lighting washed out the red in the photo...rest assured it will be a beuatiful cherry color ! I like the uni's including the socks. I do think the photo is a bit too "pretty", but I understand that marketing is a necessary evil...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I think the lighting washed out the red in the photo...
                      As a photographer friend of mine said to me regarding shooting in HFH: "I've seen professionals cry trying to get good photos with the lighting in here." The ice can look pink, blue, red, or any color in between depending on the exact angle you look from as well as various fluctuations in the lights themselves. Sometimes it even looks white, but not very often. So I wouldn't be surprised if the photo isn't entirely representative of the jerseys.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Well over a decade. Since like... 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

But, then again, that's just my opinion. And, as I've said before, there's a reason they play the games. So, let's drop the puck already!
                          I'm going to be blunt with you, burgie. Don't take it the wrong way, like so many people here like to do, because I like you. I do.

I don't give a flying crap about Army, UMass, AIC, and Sacred Heart when it comes to the possibility of securing a bye.

Comment

for the complete walk down memory lane... http://www.youtube.com/user/JuegoMaestro#play/uploads

hard to believe it will 25 years ago this season...
                            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I guess I'm better at observing things in newspaper photographs than I am at observing them in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I think the lighting washed out the red in the photo...rest assured it will be a beuatiful cherry color ! I like the uni's including the socks. I do think the photo is a bit too "pretty", but I understand that marketing is a necessary evil...
                                You are probably right. I looked at the sled hockey pictures and the jerseys looked better. I think the extra white stripe at the bottom of the sock is what threw me a bit. Too many stripes is a problem. Hopefully in better light they look OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X