X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Hey complainers.

Hockey-only packages are available at B2 now. $75 for the season for men's hockey, $75 for the season for women's hockey, or you could pony up $125 and get them both along with football and lacrosse.

Buy one, tightwads.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Hey complainers.

Hockey-only packages are available at B2 now. $75 for the season for men's hockey, $75 for the season for women's hockey, or you could pony up $125 and get them both along with football and lacrosse.

Buy one, tightwads.
      http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=264
      http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=41

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        It was the second worst foul weather car I ever had-the worst being a corvette. Now Jenny and I have Audis with all wheel drive and we laugh at the weather. The hills of Troy in the snow become much more managable with Audi Quattro
        Until they start measuring the snow in feet...that's where my Chevy 1 ton dually has you beat. Its not nearly as pretty as your Audi, but its **** unstoppable in the white stuff !
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

OH MY GOD SOMEBODY MENTIONED IT OH NO WHAT WILL I DO?

Chill out, Ralph.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

In honor of Paul Kerins, today is 22 September 2009. There are 11 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A nice article in the Record about Jerry D'Amigo and Brandon Pirri http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...f449356683.txt.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

15% power play?!

I'd make a stupid bet here, but knowing my luck it'd probably happen.

Of course, I did make a buck off last year's power play. :P
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 09-22-2009, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  A nice article in the Record about Jerry D'Amigo and Brandon Pirri http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...f449356683.txt.
                  A 50 percent increase in wins, allowing for four ties and allowing for a split of six playoff games, would give them 19-19-4 record.
                  This is confusing. Last year we had 10 wins. 50% increase makes it 15. A split of 6 playoff games brings it to 18.

Enough of that. A split of 6 games in the playoffs? It means going 3-3. The only way to have that happen without making the NCAA tourney is to go 2-1 in the first round and 1-2 in the second round. If one gets to Albany, one either has won 4 games or 2 games before. The former case won't allow for a split of 6 games since 4 have already been won. The latter case would only result in either 4 or 5 games total being played.

There are several possibilities for going 3-3 in the playoffs including a first or second-round loss in the NCAA tourney.

Edit: It is even possible, although unlikely, to make it to Detroit with a 3-3 total playoff record if RPI gets a bye and loses 0-2 or 1-2 in the ECAC semis but still is selected for the NCAA tourney.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-22-2009, 07:37 AM. Reason: I wouldn't be satisfied without getting to Albany or the NCAA tourney.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    15% power play?!

I'd make a stupid bet here, but knowing my luck it'd probably happen.

Of course, I did make a buck off last year's power play. :P
                    I always seem to be very optimistic about the team this time of the year. That has burned me each of the last few years. In any case, I will be quite disappointed if we don't get to 15%.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is confusing. Last year we had 10 wins. 50% increase makes it 15. A split of 6 playoff games brings it to 18.

Enough of that. A split of 6 games in the playoffs? I'll take that. It means going 3-3. The only way to have that happen without making the NCAA tourney is to go 2-1 in the first round and 1-2 in the second round. If one gets to Albany, one either has won 4 games or 2 games before. The former case won't allow for a split of 6 games since 4 have already been won. The latter case would only result in either 4 or 5 games total being played.

There are several possibilities for going 3-3 in the playoffs including a first or second-round loss in the NCAA tourney.

Edit: It is even possible, although unlikely, to make it to Detroit with a 3-3 total playoff record if one gets a bye and loses 0-2 or 1-2 in the ECAC semis but still is selected for the NCAA tourney..
                      RB: You're making me dizzy
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        RB: You're making me dizzy
                        Sorry. Don't worry, I get confused whenever you talk about medicine.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I like Pirri's confidence and cockiness (?). You have to have that to be a true goal scorer.
                          I think that Helfrich and Polacek will still lead the team in scoring this year, but the numbers will be a lot higher. Due to the opposition paying more attention to Pirri and D'Amigo. With the extreme weakness in the offense in the last two years, I don't see any problem with a 50% increase in scoring.
                          If the two freshmen live up to their stats, we could actually see a 100% increase.
                          Now all they have to do is perform.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

If we work backwards, 19-19-4 with a split of 6 playoff games means a record of 16-16-4 in the regular season.

Let's make a guess and assume that they were averaging the past two season's win totals. 16 is a 52% increase from 10.5. Not a very accurate assumption, but one that can be made.

Also, getting a top-4 spot in the conference with only a .500 record? Our non-conference schedule isn't that tough, especially with the number of AHA teams we've scheduled this year. Makes it difficult to assume a bye for the league playoffs.
                            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Any ideas on what the line combos and D pairings might look like to start the season? How about a powerplay unit?

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                                If we work backwards, 19-19-4 with a split of 6 playoff games means a record of 16-16-4 in the regular season.

Let's make a guess and assume that they were averaging the past two season's win totals. 16 is a 52% increase from 10.5. Not a very accurate assumption, but one that can be made.

Also, getting a top-4 spot in the conference with only a .500 record? Our non-conference schedule isn't that tough, especially with the number of AHA teams we've scheduled this year. Makes it difficult to assume a bye for the league playoffs.
                                Good point about not getting a bye with a .500 record.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X