X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Jen and I remember that UMass tournament game-didnt we beat them 11-3 after scoring 12 against Mt Allison? Roloson came in so highly touted and we just smoked him that day!
    I believe that you have the scores correct, I am not sure about Mt. Allison.
    I was at the consolation game and I think Army played St Anselm.
    I could easily be wrong.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Favorites. Probably my two favorite games were in the same season 68-69. One has been mentioned, the overtime victory vs. Cornell and Ken Dryden with the game winner scored by rookie Doug Hearns. The other was the 7-0 victory over BU that year with center Barry Sherwood in goal. RPI had only one goalie that year, Tom Nichol, and he was out for disciplinary reasons. Sherwood also insisted on Hearns' goal vs Dryden and left school, apparently for academic reasons, at the end of the first semester.

I also agree with the 4-3 comeback OT victory vs. Clarkson in a BRF! a few years ago which has also been mentioned. I watched that in one of the annual satellite broadcasts with many Clarkson fans also in attendance.

Another very memorable game was the 7-6 OT playoff victory vs UNH in 1974. I listened to that over WRPI.

Lastly, I will mention the December 1970 6-3 victory over Cornell which was their first loss after their perfect 69-70 season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I believe that you have the scores correct, I am not sure about Mt. Allison.
        I was at the consolation game and I think Army played St Anselm.
        I could easily be wrong.
        I researched back to my programs-it was Mt Allison we trounced.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I researched back to my programs-it was Mt Allison we trounced.
          I stand corrected. It was still a great tournament for the Engineers.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            Atended the game .....the most noteworthy thing was new jerseys....more RED on the home jersey ... and gone from the shoulder is the Puckman patch ... replaced w/the school crest.... also they are Warrior Hockey instead of Easton...IMO they look pretty good
            This is very upsetting and unsettling. The cozying up/imitating of the Ivies sh-t is getting old.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              This is very upsetting and unsettling. The cozying up/imitating of the Ivies sh-t is getting old.
              At least it is the school Crest, not the school Colgate. On the other hand, the fact that all of the 'Tute's teams are now called the Engineers is a plus.

Did anyone notice the women still have Puckman as a dominant feature on their uniforms?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                On the other hand, the fact that all of the 'Tute's teams are now called the Engineers is a plus.
                Apparently Puckman being unique to the hockey program is too exclusive for their tastes AND they hate marketing.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

The women's jersey's are nearly identical to the men's, except instead of a split color, they are all one solid color. They feature the diagonal RPI on the chest and the school crest on the shoulders.

Comment

In honor of Garett Vassel and Laura Guillemette, today is 21 September 2009. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                      Apparently Puckman being unique to the hockey program is too exclusive for their tastes AND they hate marketing.
                      Puckman markets himself.

BTW, since the Red Hawk has disappeared as a nickname, what is the football team using as a mascot?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        At least it is the school Crest, not the school Colgate.
                        *****http://i458.***********.com/albums/qq309/BuckeyeDon/DoubleFacePalm.jpg******
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                          I have that 1985 intro & game on tape. It is required watching every year.
                          Vassel's only playing time may be on defense thanks to the healthy competition up front ( and on d for that matter).
                          He is our utility infielder. Every team needs one or two. I think he has done a great job of bringing physicality to heis player -- be it O or D. I know I sure don't mind having him out there during late-game D zone faceoffs.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I had a Camaro back then-parked it on the streets of Albany that december and could not dig it out until end of April. Tied a scarf to the antenna so the plows would know it was there. Never saw so much snow in one year.
                            True, as fun as they are, old Camaro's have never been known for their foul-weather handling !
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              True, as fun as they are, old Camaro's have never been known for their foul-weather handling !
                              It was the second worst foul weather car I ever had-the worst being a corvette. Now Jenny and I have Audis with all wheel drive and we laugh at the weather. The hills of Troy in the snow become much more managable with Audi Quattro
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I wonder if Bryan Vines' hiring will be official before the season starts. Hopefully, there isn't a snag.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X