X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? All I'm saying is that Beman is loony tunes.

Was it my invocation of the name of the Almighty that has your panties in a twist? If so, my bad.
    "looney tunes" oh my and I hold you in such regard. I'm truly hurt

Comment

for my fellow Bruin/RPI fans, especially those who grew up on TV38, the hockey world lost a legend today....

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ary_voice.html
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
        "looney tunes" oh my and I hold you in such regard. I'm truly hurt
        Good. I would hate to be liked by a complete ignoramus.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

My sympathy to Boston fans, though I'm not personally familiar with Cusick's work.

I lived in Philadelphia and watched Flyers telecasts during the 1970's.

As I recall, one night the Flyers were playing the Bruins in Boston. Somehow, a couple of wires got crossed, and the Philadelphia TV station got the audio from the Boston telecast, so we spent the first period listening to Don Earle.

Evidently Philadelphia fans found Earle's style appealing, as he subsequently came to Philadelphia and joined Gene Hart on the Flyers' broadcast team for a number of years.

If Cusick was the Bruins' regular announcer during the '70's, where did Earle fit in?

Comment

In honor of Justin Smith and Clare Padmore, today is 16 September 2009. There are 17 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Good. I would hate to be liked by a complete ignoramus.
              So cute when you are upset.
              Like most small people you resort to name calling when your wheels turn too slow to say anything remotely intelligent.
              But I guess we have all been reading your trite for so long it is what we expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                If Cusick was the Bruins' regular announcer during the '70's, where did Earle fit in?
                Don't know but Cusick and Sanderson were a great combo in the 80's and 90's. Fed's vision went though and he really tailed off at the end and was sort of forced into retirement. Derek retired with him on principle.

Of course the guy I miss the most is Bob Wilson, who called the Bruin's on the radio. Best play by play man I ever heard.

RIP Fred.

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard anything about webcasting of this seasons games?
                  B2networks is no longer on the RPI Athletics web site. Is there going to be an alternative?
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Has anyone seen or heard anything about webcasting of this seasons games?
                    B2networks is no longer on the RPI Athletics web site. Is there going to be an alternative?
                    B2 indeed has RPI games. I just signed up for it on Monday. However, one can only sign up for all sports (football, m&w hockey, m&w lacrosse) or just football. That seems weird. Perhaps the hockey-only option is still to come. The all-sports option is the same price as last year $125 with lacrosse added. http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...px?path=hockey
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-16-2009, 10:51 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                      So cute when you are upset.
                      You're confusing upset with amused.

Like most small people you resort to name calling when your wheels turn too slow to say anything remotely intelligent.
                      You mean like calling someone "small" or saying that Seth is issuing a "cry for help?" You're really not one to talk about being "too slow to say anything remotely intelligent." At least I add to the conversation when I'm not busy calling out people for saying stupid things.

But I guess we have all been reading your trite for so long it is what we expect.
                      The word you were looking for is tripe, not trite. Trite is an adjective. But you knew that, considering how smart you are.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting any more time on you. You're in the minority when it comes to Seth Appert, this team in general, and your IQ being anywhere close to being as high as your body temperature. Adieu.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        B2 indeed has RPI games. I just signed up for it on Monday. However, one can only sign up for all sports (football, m&w hockey, m&w lacrosse) or just football. That seems weird. Perhaps the hockey-only option is still to come. The all-sports option is the same price as last year $125 with lacrosse added. http://www.rpiathletics.com/sports/2...px?path=hockey
                        Thanks Ralph,
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

News Flash!

Thanks to Ken Schott: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...edule-changes/ RPI schedule change and PU game (@ PU) will be on ESPNU.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            News Flash!

Thanks to Ken Schott: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...edule-changes/ RPI schedule change and PU game (@ PU) will be on ESPNU.
                            Nice. Conclusion: someone out there thinks that will be a big game in the ECAC this year. It'll be interesting to see the pre-season ECAC poll.

Comment

I'm missing something here.

RPI's original schedule called for them to play Princeton on the 8th and Quinnipiac on the 9th.

Schott says RPI will now play Princeton on the 10th but says nothing about moving the RPI-Quinnipiac game.

If the Dutchmen are going to play Princeton on the 8th and Quinnipiac on the 9th, when is RPI going to play Quinnipiac?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                I'm missing something here.

RPI's original schedule called for them to play Princeton on the 8th and Quinnipiac on the 9th.

Schott says RPI will now play Princeton on the 10th but says nothing about moving the RPI-Quinnipiac game.

If the Dutchmen are going to play Princeton on the 8th and Quinnipiac on the 9th, when is RPI going to play Quinnipiac?
                                I guess that we will have to wait for the RPI press release, but it probably is the 8th. When else?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X