This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

We're a month away from the first viewing of this new and hopeful team at Houston Field House and while practices will begin soon and the Hockey Line at the campus will soon be taking over, perhaps its better suited to have a Troy, New York icon urge folks on.

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/unclesamwantsrpi.jpg******

Bring it on.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Nearest recruiting stations include Toronto, Southern Ontario, and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Nice, GLM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Come on, GLM, we have a month to kill and we need some drama now that Laliberte is staying in Cornwall.
          If you really get desperate for action I can post recaps of my Mite team's game. Season opener for us is only 10 days away. I can also address the hotel issue in Placid as we are playing in a tournament there the first week of November and staying at the Crowne Plaza which looks like a nice spot.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
            If you really get desperate for action I can post recaps of my Mite team's game. Season opener for us is only 10 days away. I can also address the hotel issue in Placid as we are playing in a tournament there the first week of November and staying at the Crowne Plaza which looks like a nice spot.
            What you guys do in Placid is your own thing. I don't find much drama in Mites. No offense.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              We're a month away from the first viewing of this new and hopeful team at Houston Field House and while practices will begin soon and the Hockey Line at the campus will soon be taking over, perhaps its better suited to have a Troy, New York icon urge folks on.

*****http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/unclesamwantsrpi.jpg******

Bring it on.
              Great concept! When the "I want you..." and the "In Seth We Trust..." posters go on sale, will autographed copies be available? (Suitable for framing, of course... )
              Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                What you guys do in Placid is your own thing. I don't find much drama in Mites. No offense.
                No defense either... I didn't think I needed to put emoticons on that post but maybe I should have.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  No defense either... I didn't think I needed to put emoticons on that post but maybe I should have.
                  This is no joking matter, just axe Ralph.

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
                    Maybe we could all debate which hotel to stay in once the ECAC's are moved back to Lake Placid.
                    I'd stay in Mother Hotel. I'd have to drive 30 miles each way to the games over mountains that are somewhat treacherous in the winter, but hey, the price can't be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I'd stay in Mother Hotel. I'd have to drive 30 miles each way to the games over mountains that are somewhat treacherous in the winter, but hey, the price can't be beat.
                      I'd stay there too. With alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. Some of that good E-town grain alcohol.

Comment

In honor of Allen York, today is 3 September 2009. There are 30 days (1 month) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Way back here, I said that I would compile some information about refs / PIMs and such.

The workbook that I've set up is designed to handle much more than that, but some basic information is all I've been able to coax out of it so far.

A snippet of the workbook can be found here (spreadsheets.google.com). From what little I've been able to compile so far, here is the list of all ECAC refs, and the PIM / game they called against us:

Code:
                          Ref			PIM / Game	Games
                          Jack Millea		54.5		2
                          Bob Ritchie		36.333		3
                          Rich Leonard		29		1
                          Tim Kotyra		26.75		4
                          Mike Baker		21.5		4
                          Joe Testa		21.5		2
                          Non-ECAC Ref		20.444		9
                          Bryan Hicks		20.333		3
                          Peter Feola		20.167		6
                          Dean Gilbert		20		1
                          John Murphy		17.5		10
                          Pete Torgerson		17		2
                          Chip McDonald		16.333		6
                          John Gravallese		16		1
                          Joseph Carusone		14		8
                          Andy O'Brien		12.857		7
                          Alex Dell		12.4		5
                          Scott Whittemore	11		2	
                          Harry Dumas		10		1
                          Dan Murphy		8		1
                          John Barnard		0		
                          Tim Benedetto		0		
                          Leo Boylan		0		
                          Chris Cozzan		0		
                          Gilbert Dean		0		
                          Jay Durfee		0		
                          Eric Ernst		0		
                          Nick Litterio		0		
                          Richard Patry		0		
                          Scott Prim		0		
                          Marc Sullivan		0		
                          Derek Wahl		0
                          Keep in mind that Milea and Ritchie's stats are skewed towards the high end because they reffed the game against Mercyhurst.

I'm presenting this for two reasons, one so that you can see that I did actually do something and that it's very possible to get a wealth of information from it. The other reason being, I don't know of a realistic method to fill in the top-right section of the sheet for each game (you have to look at the workbook to understand what I'm talking about). Well, the number of shorthanded goals is pretty easy. But, the time spent on the PP or 5x3: I'm a little more puzzled by that. Any suggestions?

I would do it manually, but there were 132 in-conference games last year, 262 games (non-exhibition) that involved ECAC teams. So, I would rather not. Thanks.

Edit: Some random stats in case people are curious...

Code:
                          Situation:				Winner:
                          in-conference opponent			Clarkson	
                          conference v. non-conference games	conference			
                          home v. away				away
                          Friday v. Saturday v. non-weekend	non-weekend			
                          afternoon v. evening			afternoon	
                          2008 v. 2009				2009
                          by month				October

DISCLAIMER: All the data for each individual game is taken straight from collegehockeystats.net. I did nothing to alter the data except put it into a slightly more useful format (for me) where I could extract it. So, if a goal is listed as a PPG, but it wasn't, don't blame me.
                          Last edited by burgie12; 09-03-2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: allowed access without Google account
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

burgie,

The link requires a password.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              burgie,

The link requires a password.
                              So it does. Anyone with a Google account can see it. Does anyone know of a non-Google place to host spreadsheets?

Edit: Update! I learned something new about Google spreadsheets today. You can publish your information as a web page. So, the link above has been updated. You should be able to access the spreadsheet, with or without a Google account.
                              Last edited by burgie12; 09-03-2009, 03:25 PM. Reason: updated
                              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post

Bring it on.
                                Nicely done. The team should pick up on that as a promotional piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X