Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey East offseason 2008-2009: Anyone home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East offseason 2008-2009: Anyone home?

Am I to draw any conclusions from the fact that the only HE team threads that are busy this year are UNH and BC YET AGAIN?

Any word - especially from cavbim and Unhcat07 (I can only hope!) would be appreciated.
    Because if next year really is nothing more than UNH running away with the league and losing a WCHA team in the Frozen Four, it's going to depress the hell out of me.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Re: Hockey East offseason 2008-2009: Anyone home?

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Am I to draw any conclusions from the fact that the only HE team threads that are busy this year are UNH and BC YET AGAIN?

Any word - especially from cavbim and Unhcat07 (I can only hope!) would be appreciated.
    Because if next year really is nothing more than UNH running away with the league and losing a WCHA team in the Frozen Four, it's going to depress the hell out of me.
    Get used to it

Comment

Oh, ****... Jon has come out of post-January hibernation again.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Get ready to be depressed?

Honestly, nobody really knows what's gonna happen this year because of all the Olympic departures. I think Providence and BU could end up being the two teams battling for first. A lot depends on BC's and UNH's freshmen.

Of course, I thought UNH was ripe for the picking last year, and that didn't work out very well, unless your name is Minnesota-Duluth
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Of course, I thought UNH was ripe for the picking last year, and that didn't work out very well, unless your name is Minnesota-Duluth
          UNH WILDCATS
          NORTHEASTERN HUSKIES

Comment

I needed a break from hockey for a few months after the numerous tragic events of the 2008-2009 season.

I can't wait!
            UNH WILDCATS
            NORTHEASTERN HUSKIES

Comment

I think the league is going to be up for grabs, and come down to the final few games of the season to decide who finishes where.

Comment

I thought the River Hawks were the team to beat until Hamilton was arrested. Much of their success depends on whether he is able to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  I think the league is going to be up for grabs, and come down to the final few games of the season to decide who finishes where.
                  Go BC!

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                    Go BC!
                    **** straight

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, Its all about the Chippity!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        I thought the River Hawks were the team to beat until Hamilton was arrested. Much of their success depends on whether he is able to play.
                        Is UML starting a women's team?
                        UNH WILDCATS
                        NORTHEASTERN HUSKIES

Comment

Originally posted by Wild E. Cat View Post
                          Is UML starting a women's team?
                          Not unless Gov. Patrick's friend in Washington will dedicate some stimulus money to the project.

The sales tax on top of the federal tax on liquor has already been allocated to make up the shortfall caused by Mass not being able to sell PowerBall tickets...

Seriously, I don't understand why neither UML or UMass Amherst don't have woman's hockey teams. They both have the facilities, club teams and exist in one of the largest pools of hockey talent and fans in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                            Oh, I forgot to mention, Its all about the Chippity!

I look for more "Parity" which began a couple of years ago to continue! First, due to graduations and secondly to the Olympic year! I agree with Hux's assessment that this league could be up for grabs well into the second half of the season. Some big personnel losses for the previous front runners and some good recruiting for up and coming teams. Should be as close as it's been in a while!!!

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
                              Not unless Gov. Patrick's friend in Washington will dedicate some stimulus money to the project.

The sales tax on top of the federal tax on liquor has already been allocated to make up the shortfall caused by Mass not being able to sell PowerBall tickets...

Seriously, I don't understand why neither UML or UMass Amherst don't have woman's hockey teams. They both have the facilities, club teams and exist in one of the largest pools of hockey talent and fans in the country.
                              Money for one. UMass is also Title IX compliant, with more women's teams than men's, eliminating that piece of leverage. As for UML, well, they had a hard enough time hanging on to the men's program.

Comment

Working...
                              X