Syracuse Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse Season 2

Allright Syracuse fans, Lets look at what we can expect for season 2.

7 new recruits wll be added to the roster this year. I have seen all but 2 play and I can say great job by the staff.
    These new recruits will bring different talents to the team.
    Rushing defenders....power forwards.....skill and lots of moxy in the corners.
    I am going out on a limb to predict an improved record to a
    .500 season and possibly a second place finish in the CHA.
    Tough way to start the season though going out west.
    Also can't wait to see who they will add for next year.

Re: Syracuse Season 2

2009-2010 Roster is posted at www.suathletics.com

Comment

Noticed Cheyenne Bojeski not on the roster for this year. Anyone know what's going on?
      "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

Comment

I notice that Brittany Maschmeyer from St Lawrence is on the roster.

Comment

I think Syracuse is better than the 4th ranking by the CHA coaches. Just my two cents....
          "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by MICZamboni View Post
            I think Syracuse is better than the 4th ranking by the CHA coaches. Just my two cents....
            Out of curiousity, how would you rank them? We play them in a couple of months and I am not sure what to expect

Comment

Tough schedule.

Comment

Do you see them at #3, or with WSU's heavy graduation losses, do you think they can rise to 2nd?
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UMN
                  UMN
                  UNH
                  BC
                  UConn
                  PC
                  RPI
                  RPI

Ouch.

And that's just to start the season.
                  113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Do you see them at #3, or with WSU's heavy graduation losses, do you think they can rise to 2nd?
                    WSU was hit hard with graduation, really hard. If I have learned anything from watching women's hockey over the years is if you don't have that sniper, goals are hard to come by. I really think WSU will struggle this year. Robert Morris is a good team, and maybe on paper they are better than Syracuse, but I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse ended in second.
                    "If you're satisfied with being good, you'll never be great"

"heck, you go to some D-III hockey games and a Steven Segal Chinese stick fight breaks out,....." by Camman15

2009-2010 Regular Season Atlantic Hockey Pick-em Champion

Comment

WSU was hit hard with graduation, really hard. If I have learned anything from watching women's hockey over the years is if you don't have that sniper, goals are hard to come by. I really think WSU will struggle this year. Robert Morris is a good team, and maybe on paper they are better than Syracuse, but I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse ended in second.
                      It will be a battle for second between SYR,RMU and WSU. SYR has improved depth and RMU has added some talent as well. I think it will be long year WSU. Mercy will be the at the top of the league but without their #1 gun it will be closer than people think.

Comment

I was very impressed with the Orange this weekend. A great comeback vs. BC and a very tough last second loss against UNH. In both games they played a very aggressive, in your face game (reminiscent of St. Lawrence, big surprise there) allowing the opposition little time and space. Should be a very good second season for this program.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                          I was very impressed with the Orange this weekend. A great comeback vs. BC and a very tough last second loss against UNH. In both games they played a very aggressive, in your face game (reminiscent of St. Lawrence, big surprise there) allowing the opposition little time and space. Should be a very good second season for this program.
                          I think the Big Orange is a very good thing for D-1 women's hockey. At the 15ish minute mark of the 3rd period, I was resigning myself to the fact that they ('Cuse) were going to beat us (UNH). Despite a UNH advantage in play, Syracuse, ala St. Lawrence, did not give up, played a tight, physical game, and only with an effort capable of an experienced team, UNH was able to pull out he W. No reason to think this team is not a contender. They will beat teams. It's gonna happen. Get ready.
                          Last edited by DC78-82; 10-13-2009, 07:29 AM.
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

What a goal by Paton to win the game.... too bad it was on power play that should not have happened. Less than 2 minutes left in a tie game...Syracuse defender trips and falls into UNH player to get body checking... oh well.
                            1 of 5 penalties for Syracuse in the period...Live by the sword die by the sword. Congrats UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitterman View Post
                              What a goal by Paton to win the game.... too bad it was on power play that should not have happened. Less than 2 minutes left in a tie game...Syracuse defender trips and falls into UNH player to get body checking... oh well.
                              1 of 5 penalties for Syracuse in the period...Live by the sword die by the sword. Congrats UNH.
                              It was a strangely called game. A lot of uncalled activity in the first 40 minutes, then apparently UPS delivered the whistles for the start of the third.
                              "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                              X