The Future Of Bgsu Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of Bgsu Hockey

BGSU announced today that the University is committing $2.5 million to the renovation of the BGSU Ice Arena, along with $1.5 million in government funding already secured for that purpose. This is great news for the future of BGSU hockey.

Re: The Future Of Bgsu Hockey

Originally posted by BGSU1988 View Post
    BGSU announced today that the University is committing $2.5 million to the renovation of the BGSU Ice Arena, along with $1.5 million in government funding already secured for that purpose. This is great news for the future of BGSU hockey.
    Great news but what does 2.5 million get you? New toilets?
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      4.0 million will get you some nice toilets.

Comment

Well $1 million got 10 new suites and 2 boxes in the MacInnes at Tech.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

That's great that they're investing in the team if this goes through, but hasn't money like this been announced, only to be pulled away at a later date?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Here's what $3.3 mil got us last summer

That's great news.

$4 million, if used properly, could go quite a ways toward updating that arena. God knows it needs it.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That building needs considerably more than $4 million in renovations, but it's a helluva start.

It's good news, though, no question about it.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Agreed. About a million times better than taking a bomb to the entire program.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

$4 million will get you a new roof, ice making equipment, seating and other creature comforts, and a helluva start to rebuilding this program. It may not be the total solution to our problems, but it's the best news we've had in a long time. It's a positive start, and they need to stay positive if they're going to turn this thing around.

Comment

$4 million will get you a new roof, ice making equipment, seating and other creature comforts, and a helluva start to rebuilding this program. It may not be the total solution to our problems, but it's the best news we've had in a long time. It's a positive start, and they need to stay positive if they're going to turn this thing around.
                    Amen to that. Beats pulling the plug on the program and turning the arena into a parking lot.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I wonder how much Huntsville donated?

Good for them, I'm sure the fans and players were looking for anything showing support, and this is a good start.
                      Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Larch View Post
                        I wonder how much Huntsville donated?
                        I passed a hat.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Great news for BGSU!

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                          4.0 million will get you some nice toilets.
                          $4MM gets you two toilets if you're the defense department.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

whatever 4 million gets you, the best thing is you don't put 4 million towards it then axe the program, more than likely.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            That's great that they're investing in the team if this goes through, but hasn't money like this been announced, only to be pulled away at a later date?
                            I've been through that scenario with Notre Dame 2 times just this century, where they have announced major renovations, and then pulled the plug quietly and had them fade away into the night. But I don't think the situation was as precarious as it seems at BGSU. It is my understanding that the very viability of the arena itself to host a college hockey game has been questioned recently. It is taking a remarkable effort on the part of the facility to just maintain ice due to the age of the equipment in the building. I read late last season that they were unable to find parts for some things due to the age of some of it and the state of disrepair. Hopefully the 4 million dollars have been targeted directly for needed renovations and won't be spirited away for some other purposes. And if the reported fund-raising campaign for scholarship endowments is even half successful, BGSU hockey should be on much firmer ground going forward than is has been in the last year or so.

Comment

Congrats to BGSU hockey fans, I'm happy for you guys. Great news for you guys for sure and probably the whole CCHA. Still some work to be done, but this helps greatly.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X