Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

Carry on!

Re: Maine offseason part II...Countdown to slightly above the Mendoza line.

I read a few red wings training camp reports. They all commented on how much stronger Nyquist has gotten and how it clearly shows in his game play.

So heres to hoping an improved Nyquist can carry the team to more than slightly above the Mendoza line.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineMan View Post
      I read a few red wings training camp reports. They all commented on how much stronger Nyquist has gotten and how it clearly shows in his game play.

So heres to hoping an improved Nyquist can carry the team to more than slightly above the Mendoza line.
      Here's to hoping he doesn't leave after this year.

Comment

One of the keys to a team's success (probably the major one), is goal tending. With Shawn Sirman coming in as the newest member to the goal tending crew, there should be some good competition for that position. With Darling and Wilson having another year of experience, and the development of other players like Nyquist ( I know that hasn't happened lately), this team could be a pleasant surprise.
        Last edited by Runsub5; 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          One of the keys to a team's success (probably the major one), is goal tending. With Shawn Sirman coming in as the newest member to the goal tending crew, there should be some good competition for that position. With Darling and Wilson having another year of experience, and the development of other players like Nyquist ( I know that hasn't happened lately), this team could be a pleasant surprise.
          yeah, and with Grant helping the goaltenders improve their games week to week and over the course of the season...

ooops, sorry, wrong decade.

so, tell me, back when Grant was associated with the program, didn't SOME goaliles play in the alumni game?

I mean they all could not play for fear of getting hurt and they all seemed to have some sort of thing that prevented them from playing recreational hockey in their current contracts.... do a lot of NHL goalie coaches and GMs have such clauses in their contracts or is it something else (he asked them knowingly)

Comment

http://fupaper.files.wordpress.com/2...marijuana1.jpg

Comment

Wow. People don't care so much they need a second offseason thread...perhaps to explain why they don't care so much?

Comment

I won't be confident in this team's goaltending until Wilson stops starting. Hopefully Sirman proves himself quickly and Wilson is out before December. Not to sound harsh but DW is not a d1 goaltender.

Comment

I won't be confident in this team's goaltending until Wilson stops starting. Hopefully Sirman proves himself quickly and Wilson is out before December. Not to sound harsh but DW is not a d1 goaltender.
                  Whats wrong with Willie, he was best goalie Maine had before he got hurt
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Whats wrong with Willie, he was best goalie Maine had before he got hurt
                    Yes, he was. How soon we forget.

Comment

I won't be confident in this team's goaltending until Wilson stops starting.
                      What if he starts stopping??
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

this team could be a pleasant surprise.
                        Do you grow your own or just have a great connection?
                        "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          What if he starts stopping??
                          I will happily take that alternative. If he doesn't start stopping he needs to stop starting.

Comment

Diamond also arrested in Payson incident:

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/111680.html

Comment

Ah, team bonding.

Showing the new guys what it takes to be a Black Bear, what it takes to be successful.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                              X