This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laker Hockey 2009-10

Yes it's a little early yet, but since the previous Laker thread had about maxed out, I've started a new thread for the upcoming season.

jnaac, I answered your Stephen Simms question on the old 2008-09 thread.

Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

I'm sure Francis, and Vanwagoner and Ellis will all have great seasons this year at their respective spots.

Bill Crawford did a great job, but it was time to move on. If the rumors are true as to what NBS wants to do with Laker Hockey this year then the change will be a very good one for the university.

10 weeks 'til puck drop...

Comment

The season will be here fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
        The season will be here fast enough
        Hopefully. I'm starving for some Laker hockey. Anybody know when the date of the Blue/white game is or has it not been announced yet?
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          Hopefully. I'm starving for some Laker hockey. Anybody know when the date of the Blue/white game is or has it not been announced yet?
          Their opening game is an exhibition against Ni****ing on Oct 3, so I would guess that the blue-white game might be the weekend before that (Sep 25th or 26th). It hasn't officially been announced yet.

Interesting that the Fan Forum suppresses the 3rd-6th letters of our exhibition game opponent. It doesn't like that embedded word.
          Last edited by Bill; 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            Their opening game is an exhibition against Ni****ing on Oct 3, so I would guess that the blue-white game might be the weekend before that (Sep 25th or 26th). It hasn't officially been announced yet.

Interesting that the Fan Forum suppresses the 3rd-6th letters of our exhibition game opponent. It doesn't like that embedded word.

There isn't goig to be a lue Whitegame this year. The firstoutig is the Exhibition game ith Ni****ing.

That is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker-Blue View Post
              There isn't goig to be a lue Whitegame this year. The firstoutig is the Exhibition game ith Ni****ing.

That is funny!

LOL. ****ing isn't really an offensive word in my opinion.

No Blue-White game? Are you sure? Any reason why?
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Time to move on? Ok, I suppose so. LSSU is now a mediocre at best hockey program so it should probably have a mediocre broadcast instead of the best in college hockey. Bill Crawford was the best college hockey broadcaster in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by whitefishpt View Post
                  Time to move on? Ok, I suppose so. LSSU is now a mediocre at best hockey program so it should probably have a mediocre broadcast instead of the best in college hockey. Bill Crawford was the best college hockey broadcaster in the business.
                  And for August, our game is this: the first one to figure out what 101FM/Radio Soo employee is behind the screen name "whitefishpt" wins a CD titled John Bell's Best Grunts and Groans, recorded during during his short tenure as Laker hockey color commentator!

Speaking of "mediocre", I wonder if they are still going to have a Laker Hockey show during the week. Oh, how I longed for that show on WSOO to reach the level of mediocre (sigh).

Comment

A former Laker coach makes headlines...

"Last week, the NCAA announced it had levied two years of probation and numerous recruiting restrictions on UNH coach Dick Umile's program because associate head coach Scott Borek sent 923 impermissible e-mails to 30 potential recruits.

We believe Umile and athletics director Marty Scarano are telling the truth when they call it "an honest mistake," that Borek simply erred when entered the years of the young prospects' expected arrival at UNH instead of their high school graduation dates into the software he was using, leading the e-mails to be sent to players too young to receive them in accordance with NCAA rules.

The NCAA seems to believe UNH, too. The punishment was not overly severe. But it's like being pushed to the edge of a cliff: UNH can't afford another misstep.

The "honest mistake" line is not going to fly at Alfond Arena in Orono, Maine, or at Agganis Arena in Boston. The Wildcats can expect signs and rabid fans calling them cheaters and slurs even less pleasant."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NION-907300370

Yikes!!

Originally posted by whitefishpt
                    I would love to see Scott Borek get this head coaching job. I am not a Brown fan per se but would become one if Coach Borek got the chance there. Spent time with Coach Borek while he was at LSSU and he is a quality coach. He was named CCHA coach of the year and was a great recruiter. If he had more tools and had been given more time at LSSU his tenure would have had much more success. Go SB!
                    Double yikes!!
                    Last edited by Neil Diamond; 08-02-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

This article, posted today, indicates that Kyle Jean (F) will be back playing with Traverse City (NAHL) this Fall, although he will miss the first month of the season while recovering from a shoulder injury. Presumably that is also why he apparently won't be playing for the Lakers this season. Note that the article also indicates that Laker recruits Tyler Marble (G) and Kelin Ainsworth (F) will be on the Traverse City roster this Fall. Along with Dan Radke (F), that makes four Laker recruits playing for Anthony Palumbo at Traverse City this Fall.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3877664

Comment

The radio announcers have been selected for hockey and basketball. For hockey, we will also have an expanded pre-game show.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...s/broadcasters

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          The radio announcers have been selected for hockey and basketball. For hockey, we will also have an expanded pre-game show.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...s/broadcasters
                          Very cool, now we can focus on hockey

Hoping to get up to the Soo for at least six games this year. Good to know I'll be able to listen online to the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                            It took long enough but it looks like I was proved correct with my comments and assumptions, despite those on here wanting to say I was crazy or nuts. That is why this is a hockey forum or a place where we put our opinions and beliefs down despite the naysayers.
                            Ummm...with all due respect, TS, what happened is the exact opposite of what you said. You were telling us it was a done deal between Francis and the University. You were told from a few sources on here, however, it would be Elles and VanWaggoner, yet you persisted with your conspiracy theories and so forth.

Take your lumps, and let's move on

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad

Any word on what Bill Crawford will be doing?

The Truth Is Out There...
                              TBA
                              TBA
                              He's teaming up with Francis Anzalone to do play by play for the Sacramento Kings. I also hear that not only will their broadcast be on the radio but you'll also be able to pick it up on the net or by short wave radio.

Just keep tuning that dial Truth cause I'm sure you'll find em.

Comment

Working...
                              X