This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

here are some line combos of the top of my head that i think might work for the Lakers this year. I'm not 100 percent sure about all the freshmen coming in so bear with me if i forget some people or name someone who may not be coming until next year, as i have been out of the laker hockey loop all summer haha.

Macvoy-Cassiani-Schofield

Acton-Cooper-Monardo

Barczuk-Aubry-Scrymgour

Nehring-Lain-Wall

gysbers-kaunisto

cowie-trotman

Stonehouse-Pobur

With this line up we have a legit first line and a legit first pair of d-men beyond that we don't have much at all but with the lack of talent that we have on this roster, i think the best way to go about it is to put our few legitimate players all together.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
      here are some line combos of the top of my head that i think might work for the Lakers this year. I'm not 100 percent sure about all the freshmen coming in so bear with me if i forget some people or name someone who may not be coming until next year, as i have been out of the laker hockey loop all summer haha.

Macvoy-Cassiani-Schofield

Acton-Cooper-Monardo

Barczuk-Aubry-Scrymgour

Nehring-Lain-Wall

gysbers-kaunisto

cowie-trotman

Stonehouse-Pobur

With this line up we have a legit first line and a legit first pair of d-men beyond that we don't have much at all but with the lack of talent that we have on this roster, i think the best way to go about it is to put our few legitimate players all together.
      Ben Power and Nick McParland will be ahead of Wall on the depth charts. McParland will likely be a little rusty, not having played hockey last season, so we'll have to see how long it takes him to get back in the groove. Eric Kraft may also be ahead of Wall; I think he's a recruited walk-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        First show is Aug 31? Time? Is it being streamed?
        Looks like 6-7, Bill http://www.talkradio1400.com/

And you can even be a part, interactively.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
          Looks like 6-7, Bill http://www.talkradio1400.com/

And you can even be a part, interactively.
          What a great touch to:

1. Start the ball rolling a month before the season starts.

2. Having the stream available to those out of town (including myself)

3. The ability to ask questions of the coach from not only the audience but from out of town. I will be sending a couple.

There has been a lot of discussion about the move to the new stations, announcers, etc. Lets hope this is a new era not only of how Laker hockey sounds but how they perform on the ice. Personally I can't wait till 6pm and being 8 hours away from the good ole Soo thanks for those that made this happen.

Comment

OK, for us older guys, how do we change the default media player over to WinAmp, which is what looks like is required to listen to The Laker Show? Please be specific. I normally listen to Laker broadcasts using Windows Media Player, but it sounds like that won't work for the TalkRadio1400 stream.

I think I figured it out.
            Last edited by Bill; 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

OK, for us older guys, how do we change the default media player over to WinAmp, which is what looks like is required to listen to The Laker Show? Please be specific. I normally listen to Laker broadcasts using Windows Media Player, but it sounds like that won't work for the TalkRadio1400 stream.

I think I figured it out.
              I downloaded WinAmp and then had to go into program files-->winamp and select winamp to play the media. I was using Firefox web browser. when I moved over to IE it automatically worked.

Comment

Ben Power and Nick McParland will be ahead of Wall on the depth charts. McParland will likely be a little rusty, not having played hockey last season, so we'll have to see how long it takes him to get back in the groove. Eric Kraft may also be ahead of Wall; I think he's a recruited walk-on.
                Thank you for the info Bill, what is your take on my line combinations?

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                  Thank you for the info Bill, what is your take on my line combinations?
                  It's a little early to tell. Preseason practices will likely determine much of that. I think Roque may play Cassiani with Barczuk quite a bit, at least to start the season. Wall is going to play in Alexandria (NAHL) this season, to get more experience and playing time; he's still young.

Kellan Lain likely won't be playing until at least the second half. His wrist surgery is healing slower than expected.

Comment

Anyone listen to the Jim Roque show today? I forgot all about it. Anything new info on the upcoming season?
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Anyone listen to the Jim Roque show today? I forgot all about it. Anything new info on the upcoming season?
                      Lain is out until at least the second half because his wrist surgery is taking a long time to heal. Wall will be playing in Alexandria (NAHL) this season to gain more experience. Jean had shoulder surgery which also will put him back in Juniors for one more season. Kraft is a late recruit to replace Jean for this season.

Roque said he would have a good idea of lines by the end of September.

Need to find a couple of good D recruits to replace Kaunisto and Gysbers after this season. Christian and Metro will be on the road a lot of September at various prospects tournaments.

Roque talked about McParland and his commitment to playing at LSSU. He went to school last season on his own dime. He had clearing house issues and couldn't play last season, but did fairly well in school at LSSU.

Comment

Lain is out until at least the second half because his wrist surgery is taking a long time to heal. Wall will be playing in Alexandria (NAHL) this season to gain more experience. Jean had shoulder surgery which also will put him back in Juniors for one more season. Kraft is a late recruit to replace Jean for this season.

Roque said he would have a good idea of lines by the end of September.

Need to find a couple of good D recruits to replace Kaunisto and Gysbers after this season. Christian and Metro will be on the road a lot of September at various prospects tournaments.

Roque talked about McParland and his commitment to playing at LSSU. He went to school last season on his own dime. He had clearing house issues and couldn't play last season, but did fairly well in school at LSSU.
                        Doesn"t give much comfort hearing this guy isn"t healing as fast and that guy isn"t and this guy will be playing in Juniors and that guy is a late recruit. Did Roque dare to predict where the team will finish...........................

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                          Doesn"t give much comfort hearing this guy isn"t healing as fast and that guy isn"t and this guy will be playing in Juniors and that guy is a late recruit. Did Roque dare to predict where the team will finish...........................
                          He thought the Lakers should be a top 6 team.

Comment

The 2009-10 roster is out:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...2009-10/roster

It's notable that Kellan Lain isn't listed. They aren't expecting him to be available until at least the second half. Perhaps they'll even red-shirt him until next season. Probably because of his absence, Brian Cooper is on the roster as a walk-on.

Comment

The 2009-10 roster is out:

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...2009-10/roster

It's notable that Kellan Lain isn't listed. They aren't expecting him to be available until at least the second half. Perhaps they'll even red-shirt him until next season. Probably because of his absence, Brian Cooper is on the roster as a walk-on.
                              Lain might not be on campus yet. Roque said something like "we may bring him in after Christmas or maybe next year" which I took to mean he hasn't started school yet.

Comment

Okay now that the roster is out i am going to modify my take on what i think would be good lines combinations.

Macvoy-Cassiani-Barczuk

This line would bring a lot of energy and a lot of physicality. These are the 3 hardest working forwards on the team and with 2 of our top 3 offensive players in Macvoy and Cassiani this line should put up some points, especially if Barczuk contributes more offensively than he did last year.

Acton-Schofield-Monardo

Schofield and Acton have played together for the last 2 years so chemistry should not be an issue. Monardo averaged a goal and an assisit a game in the OJHL so he hopefully will turn into a consistent playmaker that i think Schofield needs to put up steady numbers. Schofield has great hands and Acton has shown flashes of goal scoring ability but they both seem to be either hot or cold, if Monardo can be a catalyst on this line i think you would see Rick and Will's point totals go way up.

Scrymgeour-Cooper-Aubry

Positionally they could flip Cooper and Aubry if need be, as they are the 2 best face-off men on the team. Cooper is a decent playmaker so if Aubry and Scrymgeour can capitalize on scoring chances and this line could chip in a couple of goals every weekend and play a solid two way game this would give the Lakers a big boost.

Hobbins-Mcparland-Nehring

As many of you know, I don't even think Hobbins should be on the team, much less at forward, but that is where he is listed and unfortunately the coaches seem devoted to play him so i had to stick him somewhere....If he and Nehring can play physical and Mcparland can chip in offensively once in a while that is about the best that can be expected from these guys. As long as this line could just not give up a goal and give the top 3 lines a rest a few times a period, they're efforts would be considered a success.

Kaunisto-Gysbers

These two are team leaders and are very adequate offensive defenseman....These guys are the ones who really need to take the reins on the power play if that unit is going to improve. Gysbers in particular needs to improve on keeping the puck in the zone and it is important that when these 2 pinch in that they make sure they get back in time so they don't give up a home run the other way.

Haines-Trotman

Haines made great strides last season and looks to be a valuble asset to the team. Trotman is supposed to be big and quite strong from what i have heard and is probably our most highly touted recruit in a few seasons. Hopefully he doesnt dissapoint.

Stonehouse-Cowie

These two make their fair share of mistakes but they are more than capable of being a serviceable number 3 pairing. Neither is overly fast so smart defensive decisions are a must. If Stonehouse can get his shot on net consistently it is not too much to expect 5-7 goals out of him this season.

BMW should be the starter, he is the more consistent goalie hands down. His biggest flaw is that he is very shaky in a shootout situation, if he could improve in those we could pick up 4-5 more points from there alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X