X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Hockey weekend across America this weekend and the Lakers are off now that"s a bummer.

I think we should be hearing fairly soon who the goaltender or goaltenders are comeing in for 2010 - 2011.
    I think we're still looking at goalies. We need to bring in two for next season. One as the primary backup for BMW, and one as the number 3 goalie to replace Edmondson. We might hear something soon, but I suspect it will be a while before we hear who both of the new goalies are. I think the situation with the goalie they had in for a visit a few weeks back is pretty iffy, so he may or may not be one of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a commitment from another defenseman for next season fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a commitment from another defenseman for next season fairly soon.
      yup, nice call, Bill:

http://www.weyburnredwings.ca/news_i...x?news_id=3240

I'm assuming that a "scholorship" is almost exactly the same thing as a "scholarship."

So some folks have called Junior a "homer." Well, at least he doesn't go into visiting arenas and get into shouting matches with parents of the other team's players! Stay classy Notre Dame announcer guy! I'm sure I don't have the whole story, but that is one of those things where you are ALWAYS wrong if you are the one representing a school and holding a microphone.

Comment

Nice call indeed Bill.

And as far as the shouting match i was wondering what was going on over there when security was called to the press box.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

The Lakers will be spectators this weekend, which may be good for them to rest the bumps and bruises (that are no doubt present at this time of the season) before the most crucial stretch run the Soo has seen in awhile. Any points we can take out of Oxford would be a plus in my opinion, even if it is only 1 or 2. Rick Schofield missing Friday will be a big hole but I am hopeful it will be softened somewhat by the return of Brad Cooper...I have seen him around campus this week and he appears to be fine so that would be a nice return to the middle of the ice for the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
            The Lakers will be spectators this weekend, which may be good for them to rest the bumps and bruises (that are no doubt present at this time of the season) before the most crucial stretch run the Soo has seen in awhile. Any points we can take out of Oxford would be a plus in my opinion, even if it is only 1 or 2. Rick Schofield missing Friday will be a big hole but I am hopeful it will be softened somewhat by the return of Brad Cooper...I have seen him around campus this week and he appears to be fine so that would be a nice return to the middle of the ice for the Lakers.
            I thought I heard Jim Roque say on the Laker Hockey Show last evening that Brad Cooper wouldn't be back until around the end of February or early March. I was doing other things at the time, but I thought I heard him say that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
              yup, nice call, Bill:

http://www.weyburnredwings.ca/news_i...x?news_id=3240

I'm assuming that a "scholorship" is almost exactly the same thing as a "scholarship."

So some folks have called Junior a "homer." Well, at least he doesn't go into visiting arenas and get into shouting matches with parents of the other team's players! Stay classy Notre Dame announcer guy! I'm sure I don't have the whole story, but that is one of those things where you are ALWAYS wrong if you are the one representing a school and holding a microphone.
              LOL, I talked to the lady that allegedly was yelling at the ND announcer, and she swore up and down that she never swore at him. Either way, I'm glad this weekend is over. Too much drama, between the crap refs and the announcer thing (which I almost forgot all about), I'm just ready to move on to this weekend. So who's going to the Eagles game on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                And as far as the shouting match i was wondering what was going on over there when security was called to the press box.
                Yeah me too. Wow, that's a pretty moronic thing to do.

It sucks having three out of the last four road series on the road. I guess it makes up for all those home series at the start though.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Co-captain Rick Schofield, who was given a game disqualification 11 seconds into Saturday's game, will be suspended for the first game against Miami, but Dan Barczuk, who was given a game misconduct in the first period Saturday, will not be suspended.

Roque said he discussed the situation with CCHA Director of Officials Steve Piotrowski.

"A lot of it doesn't make sense to me," Roque said. "To be told that we trust (referee) Kevin Hall's opinion ... to give Rick the DQ, but I said why don't you trust Kevin Hall's opinion on Friday," when Will Acton was given a one-game suspension after the league reviewed his five-minute charging penalty, "and he didn't think Will's penalty deserved a DQ. There's too many inconsistencies, and that's the frustrating part. Unfortunately I'm not going to win that battle.

"They have their opinion on it and that's the way it goes."
                  http://www.sooeveningnews.com/sports...-final-stretch

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                    He seems to be an askclown behind the mic
                    LOL...what the hell is an "askclown"??

The Truth Is Out There...
                    It sure is, and the truth is that you are not real happy with how well the Lakers have done this year.

Oh well, hopefully Frank gets that JR B team he is coaching out of the cellar soon.

Comment

First of all with VanWaggons or "Junior" he is a homer there is no doubt about that and if the shoe fits, wear it. He seems to be an askclown behind the mic that tries to be a comedian and cheerleader at the same time. The act is wearing old and I have given up listening to the games online because of it.

I don't know about the Notre Dame announcer and what was said. I wasn't able to listen to the broadcast but if he was into "shouting matches with parents of the other team's players" I am sure something would have been said or reported. I think it is you people up there wanting to believe something and just making things up. It is a pretty common characteristic to your area. Don't miss it one bit!

The Truth Is Out There...
                      Actually I was at the game and sitting not too far from the press box. The ND announcer, assuming that's who he was, started yelling at a couple of Lakers fans, in particular a couple of women. I couldn't hear what all he said, but part of it was that "someone could get sued". What triggered his outburst, I can't say. The women were facing away from me and I think yelling at the refs just prior to the announcer's outburst. I was a couple of rows behind them and several seats to their left. I can assure you, the guy in the press did start yelling at these women.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Actually I was at the game and sitting not too far from the press box. The ND announcer, assuming that's who he was, started yelling at a couple of Lakers fans, in particular a couple of women. I couldn't hear what all he said, but part of it was that "someone could get sued". What triggered his outburst, I can't say. The women were facing away from me and I think yelling at the refs just prior to the announcer's outburst. I was a couple of rows behind them and several seats to their left. I can assure you, the guy in the press did start yelling at these women.
                        That's pretty much exactly how the lady that was getting yelled at told the story to me bill. Either way, can't we just start looking forward to miami?

Comment

Originally posted by parepadarappa View Post
                          Either way, can't we just start looking forward to miami?
                          I agree!

If the Lakers can get a split against Miami, I'll be estatic. If we sweep, then our chances of a first round bye increases quite a bit. Unfortunately splits the rest of the way aren't going to cut it to have a 1st round bye. If we get swept by both Miami and Ferris, then we should worry a little bit just for home ice for the first round alone. That's how tight it is in the standings. Lakers can finish anywhere from 4th-10th. Such a shame we squandered all those points against lowly Western back in early November.

I wish I could go down to Miami next weekend to see our Lakers play but not surprisingly there's no tickets availabe. I keep hearing how nice the Steve Cady Arena is.

Comment

Watching the UNO vs. Notre Dame and now I am convinced the CCHA refs are incompetent on so many levels. A UNO player was just tripped from behind by Ryan Deeth(theatrical diver) and Olimb goes to the box for tripping. Olimb had no body contact with either player. Dean Blais was shaking his head and probably thinking thank goodness I'm going to be coaching in the WCHA next year.

Comment

Nice hockey night for an off-weekend. I've had three games on TV. UM-MSU, DU-UND, and UNO-ND.

Comment

We will be still in 4th place heading into tomorrow. Ferris State really did not help us with them losing into Ohio State. Ferris is kind of sputtering a little bit lately. I wonder if they benefited from a weak schedule or are they just in a typical rough patch most teams go through? Still, it'll be a tough series and I'm glad they are not in our cluster this year.
                                Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 01-29-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X