X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    One other thought on the remainder of the regular season. The Lakers need to get the PP working again to have any hope of a top 4 finish.
    It will be a good challenge for the power play this weekend. Notre Dame is 2nd in the nation in penalty kill at 89.4%

Comment

As long as we can score the same amount of PP goals as the other team, things will be ok.
      http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        One other thought on the remainder of the regular season. The Lakers need to get the PP working again to have any hope of a top 4 finish.
        As long as we can score the same amount of PP goals as the other team we should be fine.
        http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

The Lakers are getting a little press on INCH's website this week.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...ion-for-a-bye/

Lets hope the Lakers can get the PP rolling again and keep the PK flawless this weekend. The points on the line this weekend are huge and even more, the confidence that could come from winning a series like this is ginormous.

GO LAKERS!

Comment

[QUOTE=SmartAxe;4578662]The Lakers are getting a little press on INCH's website this week.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...ion-for-a-bye/

Good article and I think we would all agree with Roque on getting his forwards to score a bit more. If MacVoy and Cassiani can get going,the Lakers will be tough to beat the rest of the way.

Comment

Wow, that second period was a nightmare. Take that period away, we probably have ourselves a nailbiter of a hockey game. Oh well, I knew this game wouldn't be easy. Notre Dame is probably the most underachiving team in all of NCAA hockey this year. Lakers must regroup and get a win tomorrow night.

Also go Redhawks tonight. If Alaska loses, we still hang on to 4th place heading into tomorrow night.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Second period was all Notre Dame needed. Notre Dame did not need to play the third period the way they did the second. Did the Lakers finally play even with Notre Dame in the third or did Notre Dame play down to the Lakers level. We shall find out tomorrow how much fight Lake State has left in them after tonight. A win would be great and the split would be what most were hoping for. Dig down guys and don't let tomorrows game get away from you.

Comment

This is gut check time for the Lakers. They swept UNO for 6 pts last week when they didn't play their best. Good news was - they still managed to win both nights. That's an improvemenjt from past seasons.

They played a pretty good 10-11 minutes to start last night's game. Second period was a complete diaster. Challenge ND and HIT THEM - that's what Ferris did. Let's go boys! Three points tonight - a split with ND is a good weekend.

Comment

Wow. Last night's second period was ugly. I hope the Lakers can dig deep and have a better outcome tonight. Let's GO LAKERS!
                    http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

The Lakers laid an egg last night, hopefully they bounce back tonight, the loss of Cole really hurts Notre Dame as he is out with a concussion. In the USCHO article Jeff Jackson once again voices his disgust with all of the headshots in the league this year, many of which has sidelined his players, and i suspect he is especially upset with the loss of Cole who might be the best defenseman in all of college hockey....Coach Jackson convieniently forgets to mention that Cole was the one who elbowed Chad Nehring in the head on a big hit in the second period that wasn't called...Sorry Jeff, our boys get hit in the head too, it's not the CCHA's fault that your players have softer noggins than everyone else....

On a side note i sincerely hope Pat Inglis doesn't play again this season...i have never seen a goalie looked more jittery that he did last night, he gave up horrible rebounds, had terrible puck control, and had atrocious positioning..Notre Dame literally could have scored 10 goals on Pat if they wanted to...

Comment

I was just glad that McParland and Nehring were able to return to the game why they were not called is mind boggleing to me. Hats off to the Irish they have a ton of talent, but what is with the reffing Dom skates the puck in the zone and gets two handed hard enough to break his stick right in front of one of the pukes and no call.
                        BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          I was just glad that McParland and Nehring were able to return to the game why they were not called is mind boggleing to me. Hats off to the Irish they have a ton of talent, but what is with the reffing Dom skates the puck in the zone and gets two handed hard enough to break his stick right in front of one of the pukes and no call.
                          I agree. I hope the officiating is BETTER tonight. It can't get much worse.
                          http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Great win by the Lakers despite horrible officiating. Lakers were really lucky to win this game with the two five major penalties that got called on them and other questionable calls like the "Spraying the goalie" penalty. Mahoney-Wilson played a hell of a game and deserved the #1 star and great for him for stopping all three shooters. Monardo is defintely clutch in shootouts, scoring both game winning SO goals.
                            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

What horrible officiating that was, both nights. Maybe they should have sewed some shamrocks on their pants. I really hope that I never see those clowns in town again. On another note though, BMW looked way better than yesterday, which is good because Inglis looked really uncomfortable in there last night.

Comment

The ccha should be embarrassed with this kind of incompitent impersonation of a ref x2. The money that gets spent on tickets you would think they would want it to be an enjoyable night instead of leaving with a sour taste in my mouth. It was just so unfair it makes me sick. Barchuk gets punched in the face numerouse times no major penalty against the irish, Freddy has 3 irish on top of him getting punched no major penalty. This is such a joke yet i just can't laugh it off. The refs are human but they were just way to consistent this weekend in a bad way, time to give them 2 their walking papers. I hope Roquee sends in lots of video this week to the league.

Kudos to the team on not giveing up and hustling all night with a short bench i am very proud of them. Beemer was sensational and Dominic has got to stay in the top 3 in the shoot out way to go Dom.

Hats of Notre Dame they have a lot of talent and are well coached.
                                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                                X