X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    I was at the game tonight and the Lakers played hard from start to finish and Inglis came up big. This is all the fans have been asking for and tonight they produced. Solid play from start to finish and no backing up. Good sweep and now take two from Northern.

Nice weekend for the Lakers for sure.

I agree with you sm2pk that is all anyone here can ask for win or lose. The best series they played last year that i saw was at home against the Irish, they left soo knowing that they played a real tough team. Good things will happen next weekend if they come out the same way.

LETS GO LAKERS !!!!!!!
    Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 12-06-2009, 08:35 AM.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
      You are out of line NEIL DIAMOND. You totally misrepresented the letter and tribute with you blind hate and arrogence like the majority of people up there when it comes to Frank Anzalone and how he was shafted twice and now a third time.

THE TIME FOR NAME CALLING AND BASHING THE ANZALONES MUST STOP. It is sad, if not pathetic how you people treat a coaching legend and a true hockey icon. Say hi to your uncle Jim for me NEIL DIAMOND!!!!!!!
      Truth Squad: Get fu(ked and get a life. You are so blinded by your gay love for a has-been you feel the need to defend him at every corner.

Comment

You are out of line NEIL DIAMOND. You totally misrepresented the letter and tribute with you blind hate and arrogence like the majority of people up there when it comes to Frank Anzalone and how he was shafted twice and now a third time.

THE TIME FOR NAME CALLING AND BASHING THE ANZALONES MUST STOP. It is sad, if not pathetic how you people treat a coaching legend and a true hockey icon. Say hi to your uncle Jim for me NEIL DIAMOND!!!!!!!
        Truth,I am a big Anzalone fan and always have been but the letter to the paper Frank sent sure at one point turned from being about Bud Cooper to being about Frank Anzalone. Seems Frank wanted everyone to know about a great relationship he once had with Bud Cooper to how lies and misinformation about Frank himself ruined it and I am not sure why a person would even put that part in there. Bud Cooper passed away. Leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
          I'm sorry, but this had nothing to do with Bud (God rest his soul), but everything about the amazing ego that Frank Anzalone has ...

...this was never about you, Frank.

Thanks for making a death all about you, Frank.

The Truth Is Out There.....

You're **** right it is. Read that Anzalone letter and find out the true measure of the guy.

What a joke.
          I didn't find anything in it especially offensive. Sure he took the opportunity to try and defend himself in a small way, and it would have been better if he left that out , but by and large it was a tribute to Bud Cooper having faith in him and giving him a chance. Besides, I'm not sure that any of us on here know all the facts surrounding Anzalone's firings, particularly the second one, so what's the point of getting into a "he got shafted" versus a "he got what he deserved" argument.
          Last edited by Bill; 12-06-2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

FOUND THIS TIDBIT FROM THE GLORY DAYS. KINDA HITS HOME ABOUT WHAT SOME ARE WRITING ON THIS FORUM. THE LAST PARAGRAPH IS CLASSIC.

"The Lakers are bigger and stronger than your typical college team, and through the years they have been known for a very physical style of play, especially under former coach Frank Anzalone. Anzalone took the reins at Lake State in 1982 and turned the fledgling Division I program into an NCAA champion in 1987-88. Despite his success, the fiery Anzalone was constantly at odds with the school's athletic department.

That power struggle ended last May when athletic director Jim Fallis failed to renew Anzalone's contract. There was some backlash in the Soo—after all, Anzalone was 191-108-22 at Lake State—but the team's fast start this year eased the tension. Moreover, Jackson is popular with both the players and the community.

Coach Jackson treats us more like adults," says junior defenseman Mark Astley. The soft-spoken Jackson is also more interested in promoting his team than himself. Now, the weekly Laker Hockey Program on radio station WSOO interviews both the coach and the players. "Frank would never have gone for that," Astley says. "It was all him. He'd come right out and tell you that he was the reason we were winning. Maybe it was his way of motivating us."

Jackson has also lightened the team's practice load and allowed his players a more normal life away from the ice. Anzalone says, "I think that's fine. The kids think their new coach is refreshing. That's fine, because they all know the secret. I taught them that the secret is discipline." He goes on to say, "There's an aura surrounding Frank Anzalone. It's the same aura that surrounded Vince Lombardi, the same aura that surrounds Mike Keenan. Sometimes that's more than people can handle."

The rest of the article can be found here. Its a good read. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...14/1/index.htm
            Last edited by Lakerchum; 12-06-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I was out of town and didn't get to listen to the BG games this weekend. From the Lakers stats page, it looks like Cassiani didn't play in either game. Was he sick? Hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                I was out of town and didn't get to listen to the BG games this weekend. From the Lakers stats page, it looks like Cassiani didn't play in either game. Was he sick? Hurt?
                Jim said that he hurt his groin during practice on Thursday and should be back this weekend.

Comment

"There's an aura surrounding Frank Anzalone. It's the same aura that surrounded Vince Lombardi, the same aura that surrounds Mike Keenan. Sometimes that's more than people can handle."

-Frank Anzalone

Anyone still want to argue that Frank is an egomaniac totally out of control? Could you imagine having to work with someone like that every day? It's amazing his second tenure lasted as long as it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Cassiani and MacVoy are two guys who need to get goals going into the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Jim said that he hurt his groin during practice on Thursday and should be back this weekend.
                      I hope Jim gets back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                        Jim also pulled a muscle in practice???

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                          Oops, I meant to say Cassiani.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                            "There's an aura surrounding Frank Anzalone. It's the same aura that surrounded Vince Lombardi, the same aura that surrounds Mike Keenan. Sometimes that's more than people can handle."

-Frank Anzalone

Anyone still want to argue that Frank is an egomaniac totally out of control? Could you imagine having to work with someone like that every day? It's amazing his second tenure lasted as long as it did.
                            I don't know Frank and I don't know all the facts surrounding either of his dismissals from LSSU. I've heard enough to understand he was a very tough coach to play for and some of his players didn't like him. I've also heard some of the same guys that were critical of him at the time (1st coaching stint) later on say that he instilled the discipline in them that they needed to make successes out of themselves in later life. Obviously that quote, assuming it is accurate, makes him sound pretty egotistical. Out of control, I'm not so sure; there's no question that Frank lives and breathes hockey and is a strict disciplinarian. That quote is also from back around 1991, so even if it is accurate, we don't know if he's mellowed over the years. I heard very little about his second tenure with the Lakers beyond the records themselves, so I don't know how the guys playing for him then liked him. I'm not trying to defend him, but I just don't see any point in arguing either for or against him on this forum given that we don't know all the facts.

Comment

Wow you pulled out an article from a sportswriter that knew nothing about the real Frank Anzalone and wanted to do a hack job on him. And a player that had a big axe to grind with a coach that installed discipline, pride, hard work and provided results. Laker fans remember when you had a team like that?

Neil Diamond you carry the water for this program and this coach. Keep enjoying those bottom 3 finishes and first-round exits. You are embarrasing yourself by the attacks on the person that gave you three championships!
                              Neil Diamond and Bill, please don't waste your time responding to Truth on any topic surrounding any of the Anzalones. You have both gotten your points across being politically correct unlike Truth and the rest of us thank you for that. But this is a Laker HOCKEY thread, to talk about this season's team. Whether Anzalone got the shaft or not, it's not relevant because it happend years and years and years ago. If Truth Squad wants to talk about the hockey that THIS YEAR's team is playing then i welcome him but i doubt I am the only one who is tired of reading this garbage about the Anzalone's.... that is a tired, largely unrelevant topic.

Comment

Northern is a must win again this weekend as was Bowling Green last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X