X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Laker Hockey 2009-10

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Colin Campbell picked up a goal and three assists last night for Vaughan. He has 15 G and 16 A in 18 games, so he appears to be a guy that can help the Lakers starting next season.
    Bill, is that the son of THE Colin Campbell?

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      Bill, is that the son of THE Colin Campbell?
      I don't think so. He is the best player on a mediocre team. His numbers would be even better, but he missed several games for Vaughan while playing for the Canada East team in the World Junior A Challenge.
      Last edited by Bill; 11-17-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

On another note, a couple of Laker freshmen are on the NHL Central Scouting NCAA Watch List that was just released:

http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/Centra...sNCAAWatch.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
          totally agree with everything you said....although you're telling me you couldn't possibly think of another screen name?? I've been posting on this team for 3 years...how about you come up with a name that isn't already taken
          Well, I do apologize for the lack of individuality....

Comment

Should be a great series this weekend. I agree HUGE series for both teams and we’re only in November. I wish the games were on TV. Most of our away games are on TV, seems like they are never televised when the play the Lakers. Wonder why. Anyway, I'm excited for what I think will be some good hockey this weekend.
            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

The Lakers have to be feeling good about their nice win last saturday. I hope they come out much the same way because they will need to.

Me and the wife are thinking of going down to see TC play one of these days to check on all the Laker recruits playing for them. Has any of you ever went to a Northstar game?
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                The Lakers have to be feeling good about their nice win last saturday. I hope they come out much the same way because they will need to.
                Not sure what to think about Alaska yet this year. We'll see how good this new goalie of theirs is. I read over on their thread that Alaska leads the league in conference scoring. That surprises me a bit, b/c I don't think I can name any of their forwards, other then the Knelsons. Lake State has had lots of luck against Alaska at home. Hopefully they come out flying and win tonight, so they can go for the sweep tomorrow.

Perkovich is off to a great start in the AHL. 6-6-12 numbers in 15 games. It is kind of funny to read the comments about him on the Devils message board. "he falls down a lot, but he sure knows how to score!" sounds like his entire 3 years at LSSU.

Comment

We have a new defenseman recruit for next season. He is 6'0" and 190 lbs.

http://centraljuniorhockeyleague.ca/...-110/news_7821

Comment

THanks Bill for the info.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                      Not sure what to think about Alaska yet this year. We'll see how good this new goalie of theirs is. I read over on their thread that Alaska leads the league in conference scoring. That surprises me a bit, b/c I don't think I can name any of their forwards, other then the Knelsons. Lake State has had lots of luck against Alaska at home. Hopefully they come out flying and win tonight, so they can go for the sweep tomorrow.

Perkovich is off to a great start in the AHL. 6-6-12 numbers in 15 games. It is kind of funny to read the comments about him on the Devils message board. "he falls down a lot, but he sure knows how to score!" sounds like his entire 3 years at LSSU.
                      Our goalie is good. He had a weak two games against the Falcons. I hope it's out of his system. Most of our best forwards are freshman, so by the end of the year, you'll know a couple of their names. Look for Granberg, and Toranto...........both impressive so far this season.
                      All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Good win for the Lakers. A close game as expected. Sounded like they had a letdown in the 2nd period, but survived that. 3 bad penalties, away from the puck, led to 2 Nanook PP goals, the 1st of which was on the books as a 5 on 4 but in reality a 5 on 3 since the 1st Laker player out of the box hadn't gotten back into play yet.

Alaska will likely play better tomorrow night, so the Lakers will need to play better too. They need to protect home ice and get the sweep. That's the only way the Lakers can hope to move up in the standings this season; they need to be better than .500 at home, and pick up a few road wins also. Good to see Schofield get a couple of goals. I hope that gets him going for the rest of the season.

Comment

Nice win tonight for the Lakers. Beemer played better tonight but he still gave up to many juicy rebounds but the Lakers skated well tonight and helped him out as well they should. Schofield played real strong with the puck tonight.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            Nice win tonight for the Lakers. Beemer played better tonight but he still gave up to many juicy rebounds but the Lakers skated well tonight and helped him out as well they should. Schofield played real strong with the puck tonight.
                            Rebounds is a weak spot of BMW's game. The Lakers need to get their goals against average well down under 3.00. 3.00 wasn't all that bad 10-20 years ago, but the game is lower scoring these days.

Comment

I missed just about all of the pre-game show this evening. For anyone who may have listened to it, what did Jim Roque have to say?

Comment

Painful loss tonight. A huge opportunity to gain in the standings and the Lakers blow it. The wheels are spinning and with non conference games next weekend, Lakers will fall even further. The next two series against BGSU and NMU will be huge, teams that are beatable. Lakers might have to win 3 if not all four games especially with a brutal schedule starting in January.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X