WCHA 09-10 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA 09-10 Thread

I couldn't find a CC thread and i think we need an overall WCHA thread anyway but here is piece of news, Boy CC could really struggle this year after this piece of news

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...rosOverCC.html
    The Quest For 7

Re: WCHA 09-10 Thread

It's a blow to CC, and a blow to all of college hockey when highly coveted prospects reneg on their committments. Even as a fan of CC's rival, I was really looking forward to seeing Moore play.

I don't think CC will be as bad as some think. They have a lot of experienced veteran players coming back, and if they are able to get some goaltending, I could see them becoming a solid club.

Comment

CC should finish at least 8th. Tech and UAA are there to generously fill the last two spots, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        CC should finish at least 8th. Tech and UAA are there to generously fill the last two spots, as usual.
        We lose hockey games so that a child may live.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
          I couldn't find a CC thread and i think we need an overall WCHA thread anyway but here is piece of news, Boy CC could really struggle this year after this piece of news

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...rosOverCC.html
          Wow. Not even one year? Even #1 overall pick E. Johnson played one year of college.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            We lose hockey games so that a child may live.
            Wow. Now you've fallen into Dirty's allusion.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Wow. Now you've fallen into Dirty's allusion.
              I welcome Twitch to my flock. He will be a valuable addition.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

“I wish the rules were different,” Moore told the Colorado Springs Gazette. “Unfortunately, I won’t be coming to CC in the fall.”
                What does he mean by this quote? I'm not sure what rules he is talking about.

I agree that this is not a good thing for College Hockey.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

When he signed with Blue Jackets, he became ineligible to play college hockey. He is still eligible to play Major Junior though.

I declare shenanigans on this. If he truly wanted to play college hockey, he wouldn't have signed. He's not going to be playing for the Blue Jackets or one of their affiliates this year anyways, so the only thing signing did was limit his options of where he could play.
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    What does he mean by this quote? I'm not sure what rules he is talking about.

I agree that this is not a good thing for College Hockey.
                    I don't get that either. Obviously he wants to make money right now cause that's the only difference. And he's going to be playing in the minors next year anyway.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      When he signed with Blue Jackets, he became ineligible to play college hockey. He is still eligible to play Major Junior though.

I declare shenanigans on this. If he truly wanted to play college hockey, he wouldn't have signed. He's not going to be playing for the Blue Jackets or one of their affiliates this year anyways, so the only thing signing did was limit his options of where he could play.
                      I agree, what i don't understand is how a professional, who has signed a contract with a NHL team can just go play junior if he is of age. Why does the CHL allow this. If they want to develope as many hockey players as they can, why are the giving roster spots to guys who have signed NHL contract. The NHL shouldn't sign the player if the player is not even ready to play for there AHL or ECHL team??? Whats even more nuts is how i player like Alex Petriengelo can play half a season with a NHL team, then go play the rest of the year in Junior. First what more is the kid going to learn by going back to the CHL where he has played for likely 2 years already. Wouldn't this just regress his development. This is another reason why i think college hockey a better development platform for players anyway. Its a staging process when you go through the college ranks, you play junior hockey, then when you are ready you move up to college, then when you have progressed all you can at that level you can sign a pro contract and work your way up. Jumping back and forth from playing against 16 year olds to playing against Chris Pronger isn't doing anything for a player. The whole major junior system just bothers me, how can you call yourself junior hockey when you have guys who just signed 6 figure contracts playing in it??????

Somebody please explain this all to me????? Give me a good reason why I should send my kid to play major Junior, I'll never do it....
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                        I agree, what i don't understand is how a professional, who has signed a contract with a NHL team can just go play junior if he is of age. Why does the CHL allow this. If they want to develope as many hockey players as they can, why are the giving roster spots to guys who have signed NHL contract. The NHL shouldn't sign the player if the player is not even ready to play for there AHL or ECHL team??? Whats even more nuts is how i player like Alex Petriengelo can play half a season with a NHL team, then go play the rest of the year in Junior. First what more is the kid going to learn by going back to the CHL where he has played for likely 2 years already. Wouldn't this just regress his development. This is another reason why i think college hockey a better development platform for players anyway. Its a staging process when you go through the college ranks, you play junior hockey, then when you are ready you move up to college, then when you have progressed all you can at that level you can sign a pro contract and work your way up. Jumping back and forth from playing against 16 year olds to playing against Chris Pronger isn't doing anything for a player. The whole major junior system just bothers me, how can you call yourself junior hockey when you have guys who just signed 6 figure contracts playing in it??????

Somebody please explain this all to me????? Give me a good reason why I should send my kid to play major Junior, I'll never do it....
                        guys who just signed six-figure contracts get people to come watch them. it's all about money and if there are guys who played for a bit in the nhl, now playing for some CHL team, then they are going to bring more fans.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                          guys who just signed six-figure contracts get people to come watch them. it's all about money and if there are guys who played for a bit in the nhl, now playing for some CHL team, then they are going to bring more fans.
                          I wasn't aware CHL was in need of getting fans to games... My understanding is they do pretty well... And if thats the case, why doesn't the USHL want to allow that?? USHL barns are half empty most of the time???
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

If the USHL adopted this strategy, one of their primary goals of sending players to U.S. colleges to play hockey would no longer be possible.
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              Because of the CBA you already know about how much a player is worth, having drafted players, and highly drafted players puts people in the seats, and college hockey does that as well. The amount of money the kid is making or the fact that he has already signed isn't going to put more fans in the seats, canadian fans know who the top prospects are in the CHL already, who's drafted, its not different then college, so again I ask why let someone go back and forth from the NHL to the CHL. you can still have draft picks play in the CHL but why not have it just like college hockey, once you sign, you are done. The CHL comes across as a semi pro league not a junior hockey league...
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                              X