No announcement yet.

The offseason is going down the tubes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The offseason is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    ...Saying that, overall record is kind of the last big arguing piece Gopher fans have over North Dakota...and it's slipping away quickly.
    According to gopherhockeyhistory.com, the Gophers have a 13 game advantage over the Sioux for all time record. Since the 1999-2000 season through this past season, the Sioux hold a 20-17-3 advantage over the Gophers. If this trend continues, the Sioux will pass the Gophers in overall record in about 41 years.

{Shudder} We better use that arguement all we can before they pass us.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Ski yo momma!
    Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
    Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
      According to gopherhockeyhistory.com, the Gophers have a 13 game advantage over the Sioux for all time record. Since the 1999-2000 season through this past season, the Sioux hold a 20-17-3 advantage over the Gophers. If this trend continues, the Sioux will pass the Gophers in overall record in about 41 years.

{Shudder} We better use that argument all we can before they pass us.
      and, as long as they have hakstool, Minnesota's perfect record against the sue in the National Championship game will stand.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        and, as long as they have hakstool, Minnesota's perfect record against the sue in the National Championship game will stand.
        But Minny won't get to the National Championship game until they stop recruiting such pansies on defense...

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          You could win the next 5 NCs and you'd still be from North Dakota.
          Oh, how the arrogant have fallen. The best you can come up with is that you're not from a state that borders your own.

What about the trend from the last 3 seasons? UND holds a 7-2-1 advantage over the Gophers during that span.

If this trend continues, the Sioux will pass the Gophers in overall record in about 8 years. Of course, if the Gophers keep failing to make the playoffs, that might get extended a bit, as the Sioux won't be able to beat them in the NCAA's if UMN can't even make it that far.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

{Shudder} We better use that arguement all we can before they pass us.
            The Gophers count games against North Dakota's club squad as games against the University of North Dakota. The Gophers were 8-0-0 against our coachless, intramural team. I think we can both agree that those games have no business being counted.

If you look at varsity vs. varsity games, North Dakota is only (using your numbers) 5 games behind. Given how we've already made up 5 games in the last 3 seasons, I expect that North Dakota will hold the advantage in a few years.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The Gophers count games against North Dakota's club squad as games against the University of North Dakota. The Gophers were 8-0-0 against our coachless, intramural team. I think we can both agree that those games have no business being counted.

If you look at varsity Americans vs. varsity Canadian games, North Dakota is only (using your numbers) 5 games behind. Given how we've already made up 5 games in the last 3 seasons, I expect that North Dakota will hold the advantage in a few years.
              I just couldn't resist.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

If you look at varsity vs. varsity games, North Dakota is only (using your numbers) 5 games behind. Given how we've already made up 5 games in the last 3 seasons, I expect that North Dakota will hold the advantage in a few years.
                I hate to side with Happy on anything but I'm confident your finger waving fearless leader will find a way to blow it.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Ski yo momma!
                Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
                Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

I hate to side with Happy on anything but I'm confident your finger waving fearless leader will find a way to blow it.
                  Despite Hakstol's failures in the NCAA's, he has a very good record against Minnesota. North Dakota fans hate to think about it, but it is very similar to Woog's accomplishments.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

You think you have it bad, here in the Twin Cities all we hear is will Brett Favre play for the Vikings or not. Heck I don't think the guy can even skate.

Comment

• Re: The offseason is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by jorgie74 View Post
                      You think you have it bad, here in the Twin Cities all we hear is will Brett Favre play for the Vikings or not. Heck I don't think the guy can even skate.

neither could Finley.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        neither could Finley.
                        At least Finley could throw a lawnmower without blowing his shoulder out.

*Favre can't even throw a football without doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                          At least Finley could throw a lawnmower without blowing his shoulder out.
                          Or Blake Wheeler.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Despite Hakstol's failures in the NCAA's, he has a very good record against Minnesota.
                            Another, "just happy to be here" Sioux fan showing their true colors.

Comment

Despite Hakstol's failures in the NCAA's, he has a very good record against Minnesota. North Dakota fans hate to think about it, but it is very similar to Woog's accomplishments.
                              Woohoo! We lost to everyone but MN! We win! Break out the champagne!
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Another, "just happy to be here" Sioux fan showing their true colors.
                                I always love that one....

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V5fNjiJuMxE&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V5fNjiJuMxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Working...
                                X