No announcement yet.

The offseason is going down the tubes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The offseason is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    we choked. we can't win the big one anymore. U of M fans are now perfectly happy with mediocrity. I like it. it's hard to be arrogant when we suck.
    Also true.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I believe it is actually very easy for Happy to be arrogant....

Comment

The offseason just beat Tech 3 to 1. Malcolm Gwilliam caught swine flu during the game, Jordan Baker has pancreatic cancer and Brett Olson spontaneously combusted.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

While all you WCHA fans are busy being miserable, BU fans will continue to celebrate their national championship during what truly are the DOG days of summer.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            While all you WCHA fans are busy being miserable, BU fans will continue to celebrate their national championship during what truly are the DOG days of summer.
            *****http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2325/wantacookie.jpg******
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hockey East has its share of misery too. Just look at Jon.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                playing one more game than Minnesota because we made the regionals would make our season slightly more successful...
                And that comment is precisely why the mighty have fallen. I said, "a successful season" not vis a vis the Gophers but vis a vis the National Championship. I couldn't care less what UND does - either UM has a good season or it doesn't. If they suck I wouldn't feel better because UND slightly sucked more.

Not winning it all is what counts - or used to in Grand Forks but you've now gone the way of SCSU fans.

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                I believe it is actually very easy for Happy to be arrogant....
                While your humility knows no bounds.

Comment

What can be said, the NHL draft is over, BSU and UNO are in the WCHA, and now all that is left is arguing over minor unimportant prattle, and when UND will pick it's new mascot, "The Fighting Sugar Beet Farmers" or whatever. This is the dog days for college hockey.
                  I agree, this is terrible, not even any guys bolting to the NHL... this has been a terrible offseason so far...
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

I blame the "University of North Dakota Fighting TBDs Memorial World's Largest Cupcake" recently baked at the big mall.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

wow, the whole 7 is greater than 5 thing. no one who can use a computer was actually alive when UND won most of those, so go ahead, and brag how und used to win championships, but now, your only goal is to make the ncaas. and, by the way, everyone knows hakstool is a ncaa choker, so you do not really have a chance at winning a NC anyway.
                      hockey coaches are about as important to the outcome of a game as a MLB manager, maybe just slightly more. When it comes to playoff time all coaching is over and either your team plays well or doesn't, nothing the dude behind the bench can do about it... I normally enjoy any excuse to tear into the Sioux but the fact is he teaches a great system, gets great athletes and more often then not is one of the toughest outs at anytime of the year and will likely get a title before he is done at UND...
                      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        I blame the "University of North Dakota Fighting TBDs Memorial World's Largest Cupcake" recently baked at the big mall.
                        This doesn't even make sense, grandpa. Are you taking English lessons from Goon?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Did they play anybody yet?
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                            hockey coaches are about as important to the outcome of a game as a MLB manager, maybe just slightly more. When it comes to playoff time all coaching is over and either your team plays well or doesn't, nothing the dude behind the bench can do about it... I normally enjoy any excuse to tear into the Sioux but the fact is he teaches a great system, gets great athletes and more often then not is one of the toughest outs at anytime of the year and will likely get a title before he is done at UND...
                            umh, a great coach makes sure his team plays great in the playoffs, he just doesn't sit back and see if they are going to "either your team plays well or doesn't" thing.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                              Great coaches never prepare their team for an opponent either. They never look at an opponents defensive schemes, or tendencies on the PP or PK, or see a need to shut down a particular player or line. Such trivial matters are for losers... the coaches of teams that rarely make the playoffs.
                              Great coaches recruit great players, period. When playoff time comes around, thats when they say... "Go get 'em boys, you'll figure it out." That's what makes great coaches great!
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Did they play anybody yet?
                                That's the worst comeback not delivered by in a political thread.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X