Mowing the Lawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mowing the Lawn

When mowing the lawn and an object is in your way, you....
    Pick up the object
    33.33%
    Mow around the object
    2.78%
    Mow over the object
    5.56%
    Mow over the object unless it's a hose
    30.56%
    Don't mow, my wife/girlfriend/kids do
    8.33%
    Freddy Meyer hacks up my lawn
    19.44%
    2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
    2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
    2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Re: Mowing the Lawn

I haven't mown a lawn in years, but when I did, if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I haven't mown a lawn in years
      The bank does it for you online?

I usually try to get stuff out of the way before I mow so I don't have to deal with it. I'll generally just go over it though, unless it will screw up the mower.

Comment

I haven't mown a lawn in years, but when I did, if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.
        Bingo.

Comment

I haven't had a lawn in over 7 years, but I used to pick things up and toss them on the porch when I did.

Of course, I also hit the shed once with a tractor, so I suppose that might fall under "mowing over" something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
            I usually try to get stuff out of the way before I mow so I don't have to deal with it. I'll generally just go over it though, unless it will screw up the mower.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

if the object wouldn't harm me or the mower, that object was getting mowed over.
              Exactly
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I do about 3.5 hours of baja mowing every week, and if I stopped the tractor for every little thing in the lawn (which actually has some grass amidst the weeds) I'd never finish. My best friends brother-in-law lived west of the Twin Cities where he mowed a couple of acres, and he actually had a woodchuck stand up a hundred feet in front of his mower and dare him to mow him down. The woodchuck didn't budge and became ground chuck. I only wish some of my woodchucks would adopt this approach. Sigh.
                I am careful about mowing along the road, always stopping when cars approach. There's no telling what some a-hole chucked out of a passing car, and I have no desire to fire it at someone else. I obviously don't worry about an aluminum can, but I wouldn't knowingly mow over a glass bottle.
                "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Did anyone else think of De La Soul's "Potholes in my Lawn" when reading this thread title?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I walk around the yard beforehand and pick everything up.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
                      When mowing the lawn and an object is in your way, you....
                      What's the object?
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I was thinking (hoping) that this poll was in regards to something else entirely.

In answer to that question, I enjoy both. They each have their plusses.

Comment

Working...
                        X