• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBCN "The Rock of Boston" 1968-2009

WBCN. D-E-D, Dead. Care?

WBCN to become Mix 98.5. Mix to become WBZ-FM Sports Talk
    It Happened!!!!

Re: WBCN "The Rock of Boston" 1968-2009

[QUOTE=Bomber;4332481]WBCN. D-E-D, Dead. Care?

Unfortunately, not for a long time.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

So who's going to broadcast the Patriots?

(I know, I should probably read the article.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        So who's going to broadcast the Patriots?

(I know, I should probably read the article.)
        98.5 will become sports radio and take over the broadcasting of the Pats (seems to be the latest information).

Comment

Sounds like Toucher & Rich will air on 98.5 - and therefore, this doesn't really bother me.
          2005 Crowder Award Winner
          Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
          2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

They were the only ones that broadcast the Dr. Dimento show when I was a youngin' - that show was great back in the day.

Save for the Pats, I haven't listened regularly for a long time.
            "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
            sigpic

Comment

Im gonna miss the music but not Toucher and Rich. They got old way to fast.
              Merrimack College Warriors
              Boston Bruins Hockey
              Stanley Cup Champions: 1929, 1939, 1941, 1970, 1972

"Go! Go! Black and gold!
              Old-time hockey, bar the door
              Clear the track it's all-out war
              Light the lamp, throw a hit
              Black and gold never quit
              The barn is full, our team's in town
              So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
              Drop the puck, it's time to go"
              -Dropkick Murphys

Sports Juke - a mediocre blog - updated several time daily
              Friend us on Facebook!

Comment

Too many lame, $h@& rock bands nowadays must have done them in. Oh well. I don't have any loyalty to one station but I guess I'll have to set one button to WAAF in order to hear non Neil Diamond/James Taylor music now.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Too many lame, $h@& rock bands nowadays must have done them in. Oh well. I don't have any loyalty to one station but I guess I'll have to set one button to WAAF in order to hear non Neil Diamond/James Taylor music now.
                  I'm gonna have to make a dial for 98.5 only so I can listen to Toucher and Rich... either aaf or fnx for the afternoon drives...
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

WFNX or 92.9
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

I've been dialed into 92.5 The River for years now. Post XM, that's the only FM station I listen to for tunes.
                      "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought the reason you listened to WAAF is because the Hillman is the slower, less amusing version of the people you argue with on political threads? Hell, the one picture SPIN CONTROL likes to put up of the guy with his head in his sand is more amusing than anything the Mantown Jackanapes have said in the past 20 years.

Aside from Toucher and Rich and the Pats, this doesn't bother me at all...
                        Would someone please explain to me how WFNX, WAAF, and WBCN can get away with having the same playlist? People, I want to AVOID listening to Chili Peppers, not be roadblocked into hearing them on three stations at the same ****ing time.
                        Last edited by Jon; 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Never heard much of 'BCN being way up north here out of its range, but I've heard my fair share. Granted, its heyday is long gone, but this is just wrong. They're an icon of the Boston scene.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Too bad for BCN - as rufus said a Boston icon - the Boston Concert Network, Charles Laquiderra and his alter ego Duane Ingalls Glasscock, Ken Shelton and the UNH connection - Bradley J. Sure it may have been way past it's prime, but it was a great station and I'll be very disappointed to see it go. Would love to get my hands on their concert vault recordings as they broadcast live shows of just about everyone. BCN just isn't relevant anymore.

Comment

I'll only listen to the new station for the Pats and the Bruins. Boston does not need another all-sports station, even on the FM dial.

I stopped listening to BCN many years ago; listen mostly to WZLX (plays some of the music BCN played back in the day). When I watch the music award shows these days, I have no clue who many of the artists are (unless they get arrested ).
                              Boston College Eagles
                              NCAA Champions
                              1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

Working...
                              X