Global War on Terror, Part III - Kepler's Biased Thread Title Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global War on Terror, Part III - Kepler's Biased Thread Title Sucks

Watcher is still all wet. Debating this with him is like debating abortion. No movement on either side - and he still doesn't get it.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
    sigpic

Re: Global War on Terror, Part III - Kepler's Biased Thread Title Sucks

....and slappy continues to call out the right, but refuses to acknowledge the left's transgressions when discussing this topic.

What's new.

I love terrorist apologetics. Pathetic, but an interesting peek at the inner workings of some of our finest posters who love to hate on American institutions or groups expressing their first amendment rights that don't fit in with their political ideology.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government"...Thomas Jefferson
    sigpic

Comment

We're still talking about this? Seriously?
      BigPieps: Nathan > few million others
      BigPieps: Once again, Nathan speaks the truth.
      GreatLakerMohawk: Bill Smith is a ******.
      GreatLakerMohawk: Why do you question Nathan? He knows what's up. F-cking listen already.
      GreatLakerMohawk: Nathan appears to be the only smart one here. Again.

Join us for Wild Discussion at Hockey Wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        We're still talking about this? Seriously?
        Apparently so. As long as Watcher continues to apologize for terrorists, there needs to be some balance around here. I'm game.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
          Watcher is still all wet. Debating this with him is like debating abortion. No movement on either side - and he still doesn't get it.
          This is like MST3K in a vacant room.

Do we get to use this thread for fun and the Kepler thread for actual discourse?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Do we get to use this thread for fun and the Kepler thread for actual discourse?
            Whoa! Wait a minute! When did actual discourse become a requirement for any thread? Was there a memo?
            "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Well, that would be up to you. (Calling somebody out in a thread title is against Forum rules, so this may not last anyway. I think he just wanted to get in one message to me that wouldn't be Ignored. Lonely, I guess.)
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sure. The last one was silly, Kep's is sillier and this may be the silliest of all.

More hypocrisy from vacation boy calling someone else out on forum rules is funny as well.

This topic is just a barrel full of laughs.

I'm still waiting for Watcher and the others to explain how they can apologize for the likes of 9/11 guys and hate the NRA more. That'd be more fun right there if they could ever make a coherent argument.
                sigpic

Comment

Was Cheneys plan ever used? Did they catch anyone with it?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Was Cheneys plan ever used? Did they catch anyone with it?
                    From what I've read the "plan" was more of a big idea that never got off the ground. Since it was never implemented the decision was made to not inform Congress. Presumably, if they had "pulled the trigger" literally or figuratively, they would have notified the oversight committee(s) at some point.
                    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                      From what I've read the "plan" was more of a big idea that never got off the ground. Since it was never implemented the decision was made to not inform Congress. Presumably, if they had "pulled the trigger" literally or figuratively, they would have notified the oversight committee(s) at some point.
                      Thats what I've heard also. If this is the case whats the big deal or is it just another smoke show to cover up something else(as in Nancy Pelosi)
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

what exactly was this "plan"?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          what exactly was this "plan"?
                          Tell Bin Laden and his cronies that they won a free Bahamas cruise, and when they showed up capture or kill them in international waters. Not sure why they never ran with it ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dropthatpuck View Post
                            ....and slappy continues to call out the right, but refuses to acknowledge the left's transgressions when discussing this topic.
                            Here's a mirror - the next time you pat Obama on the back will be the first.

Of course I've already noted I'm not in favor of his health care plan, I think the Gitmo closing needed more forethought and I'm also of the belief the bailout went way too far (not sure how far is too far yet). I have other criticisms, but since any slight to the right or yourself =OMGTHATGUYISSUCHAFARGINGLIBERALOMG!!! that I won't waste my time going further.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Thats what I've heard also. If this is the case whats the big deal or is it just another smoke show to cover up something else(as in Nancy Pelosi)
                              You answered your own question. It has no substance.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Here's a mirror - the next time you pat Obama on the back will be the first.

Of course I've already noted I'm not in favor of his health care plan, I think the Gitmo closing needed more forethought and I'm also of the belief the bailout went way too far (not sure how far is too far yet). I have other criticisms, but since any slight to the right or yourself =OMGTHATGUYISSUCHAFARGINGLIBERALOMG!!! that I won't waste my time going further.
                              Congratulations on feeling that you're the least bit objective. Jack Handey would be proud of you. What part of "this topic" didn't you get?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X