Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Go check out a St. John's game once, it's only 10 minutes or so away.
    10 minutes? You must have a helicopter.

D3 football is even worse and the natural bowl is lame.... The only people that care in collegeville are the old people who go to the games. Homecoming is all about getting drunk there too.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      10 minutes? You must have a helicopter.

D3 football is even worse and the natural bowl is lame.... The only people that care in collegeville are the old people who go to the games. Homecoming is all about getting drunk there too.
      The games are still full, so to say no one cares is mis-informed.
      And what in college is not about getting drunk (besides class) for most students at some point?
      Simple fact still is, homecoming =football.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

And what in college is not about getting drunk (besides class) for most students at some point?
        Who says class isn't about getting drunk?

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          Who says class isn't about getting drunk?
          For you it may be, tough to graduate that way though.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So it appears that Justin Johnson "paid his dues" at St. Cloud and goes running back to goofer land just before Mike Lee's arrival to the NHC. I understand his goalie coach duties were provided on a voluntary assistant basis, but does this change in personnel mean . . .

Bob has too close of a relationship with Lou Chia Pet?
            Kangaroo's troubles from last year need extra help?
            Jase got all he's gonna get from Justin Johnson and Mike Lee's skills are already above and beyond Justin?
            Or is it just another goofer conspiracy whereby Lou Chia is advised of all of Jase's weakspots in a not too veiled attempt to continue finding ways for the goofers to steal wins against the Husckeys this upcoming season?

Comment

I for one will be at the homecoming football game to show support for my school. HaHaHaHa.....I knew I couldn't type that with a straight face.
              President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
                I for one will be at the homecoming football game to show support for my school. HaHaHaHa.....I knew I couldn't type that with a straight face.
                I'll go to the game too, but I sure won't be there for the end. I love football, and I've been to probably half a dozen SCSU football games, and I've never made it to the end of one if that tells you anything about the product.
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Looks like we still don't know who's leaving

The future for Weslosky and Dunn is up in the air, too. Weslosky, who has had occasional academic scrapes, could turn pro as a New York Islanders draftee. And Dunn, a Washington Capitals pick, isn't thrilled at the prospect of being a backup to both Weslosky and Lee.

-Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out this thread title...

And I've never drank before a game at the Hockey Center. At the X, on the other hand...
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The games are still full, so to say no one cares is mis-informed.
                      Simple fact still is, homecoming =football.
                      I will fully admit I haven't been there since the mid 90's, but the students really never cared about the football team. Two of sisters went to St. Ben's in the 80's and their husbands went to St. john's. My best best bud from high School went to St. John's as well so I have been to the natural bowl at least 5 or 6 times over a 10 to 12 year span. Could students care now? Sure, but in general students who go to these MIAC school don't care about the sport teams unless they play on them.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        So it appears that Justin Johnson "paid his dues" at St. Cloud and goes running back to goofer land just before Mike Lee's arrival to the NHC. I understand his goalie coach duties were provided on a voluntary assistant basis, but does this change in personnel mean . . .

Bob has too close of a relationship with Lou Chia Pet?
                        Kangaroo's troubles from last year need extra help?
                        Jase got all he's gonna get from Justin Johnson and Mike Lee's skills are already above and beyond Justin?
                        Or is it just another goofer conspiracy whereby Lou Chia is advised of all of Jase's weakspots in a not too veiled attempt to continue finding ways for the goofers to steal wins against the Husckeys this upcoming season?
                        It's called he lives in Blaine and doesn't want to drive all the way up to St. Cloud not to get paid.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                          I'm still trying to figure out this thread title...

And I've never drank before a game at the Hockey Center. At the X, on the other hand...
                          "Get some new material. I heard that from DL the day after he died." - FTLT replying to one of Skeeterman's Michael Jackson jokes at the end of the first off-season thread.

And what do you MEAN you've never pre-gamed before going to the NHC?!?

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                          It's called he lives in Blaine and doesn't want to drive all the way up to St. Cloud not to get paid.
                          When you're right, you're right
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

[QUOTE=SCSU Euro;4334347]"Get some new material. I heard that from DL the day after he died." - FTLT replying to one of Skeeterman's Michael Jackson jokes at the end of the first off-season thread.

Just a note here, I heard that joke the day he died. I just didn't post it until later. It was new when I heard it. So, FTLT, go play hide the sausage with Rabib.
                            Bob is making me concerned
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              "Get some new material. I heard that from DL the day after he died." - FTLT replying to one of Skeeterman's Michael Jackson jokes at the end of the first off-season thread.
                              Ohhhh. Well that's pretty funny.

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              And what do you MEAN you've never pre-gamed before going to the NHC?!
                              I'm loud and annoying enough without booze. I got thrown out of that place sober. Imagine what liquor would do to me.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                Ohhhh. Well that's pretty funny.

I'm loud and annoying enough without booze. I got thrown out of that place sober. Imagine what liquor would do to me.
                                that explains a lot.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X