Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    His valid point was it's premature to assume they are without question better off with him. They in fact be better off but it's too early to say.
    It's a valid point, though basically only for the second half. There are always questions a team can't necessarily be prepared for. The answer to all of his questions is "Well, at least we've got Jase," but we don't. It would be great to still have a goalie of that caliber, but you can't really even trust he'd play another game the rest of the year if he wasn't going to transfer. I don't think we're a better team without him, though it's arguable that SCSU is better off without the possible distraction.

Good luck to your guys' season too.
    Originally posted by motox View Post
    Your "what ifs" are, well, irrelevant.
    Really? You don't expect Dunn to bludgeon someone with an encyclopedia or Lee to pull an Okposo? I was being so serious when I said those too!

With Jase's history, I think the first one was relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post

Really? You don't expect Dunn to bludgeon someone with an encyclopedia or Lee to pull an Okposo? I was being so serious when I said those too!

With Jase's history, I think the first one was relevant.
      I had to throw a little bait out at the end to make it more fun. Agreed, the first one was spot on relevant.

I think Dunn is going to be important to this team and hopefully he can prove his worth. I would love to see this scenario: Let's assume Lee comes in and is everything we've heard and then some. I say they still split time for the first part of the season, probably even until break when Lee is going to be gone with Team USA. After that it's game on and if Lee is the man he'll be in net virtually every night. It will still be important to have Dunn ready if needed which is why getting him in half the games to start the season will be critical. Goalies are set, forwards are going to light the lamp on a nightly basis, and lets just hope the D can gel and play solid, consistent defense. All that's left is the coaching, right Tommy?

Comment

I had to throw a little bait out at the end to make it more fun. Agreed, the first one was spot on relevant.
        As long as we're all having fun. I know I am.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
          As long as we're all having fun. I know I am.
          What else do you do for fun?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            I agree... I'm just saying I would've omitted the reference to "there was something else going on" suggestion altogether, but no biggie, as we both know, we think differently in a lot of situations.

Maybe we should discuss Tony Mosey so we can agree with each other some more.

I know what you are saying, but I felt people needed to know there was more to the issue.

As for Mosey, I don't see him getting a lot of playing time this year unless he changes his ways. Competition will either make him work hard or break him.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              I think they're better off simply because of the distraction that Weslosky caused for the past two seasons.
              Yes I do think Lee is a more talented goaltender and you can say what-if about his start but lets face it, Weslosky wasn't exactly stellar in the 2nd half of last year either and teams seemed to figure out how to easily score on the guy (aim high)
              As for playing Dunn, it's going to happen, heck I think we are likely going to see a rotation through November unless one of them sieves out dramatically.
              Dunn isn't an awful goaltender he just gives up big goals at the wrong time.
              That can change with a little mental toughness and maturity (and maybe new coaching from whoever the new goalie coach is)
              He was 2-2-1 in the games he started, not terrible and the other two losses he took were games where Weslosky got lit up and our offense fought back but he gave up the game winner.
              Oh well.
              Now I'm not saying he's going to be a star but I think he should improve, especially now that he knows he's going to play.
              But lets actually watch him and Lee play before we start in with the catastrophic what if's.
              Lee is the best freshman goalie in the nation and should be fine (fans expectations are not putting undo pressure on the guy, unless he spends his time reading message boards) and Dunn can be a capable back-up if he puts in the work.
              Goaltending was not a worry for me and I fully expected one of Dunn or Weslosky to not be here and my opinion wasn't going to change no matter who left.
              Now that one has, we move on, simple as that.
              I agree Lee isn't going to have to much pressure. Let's face it, the Huskies don't have a mega fan base and they only have one beat writer who follows them. If Lee doesn't read this message board who is going to put pressure on him? We all know Kevin is a good writer, but he doesn't exactly go after the squad that hard.

As for Dunn, he will get a chance to play more this year. My problem with Dunn is he let's up to many soft goals. When he jsut stops the one's he is suppose to he has done fine. Hopefully he plays better this year and gets to play 10-14 games. I have nothing agaisnt Dunn, but I hope Lee studs out and takes the number 1 spot.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I think Dunn is going to be important to this team and hopefully he can prove his worth. I would love to see this scenario: Let's assume Lee comes in and is everything we've heard and then some. I say they still split time for the first part of the season, probably even until break when Lee is going to be gone with Team USA. After that it's game on and if Lee is the man he'll be in net virtually every night. It will still be important to have Dunn ready if needed which is why getting him in half the games to start the season will be critical. Goalies are set, forwards are going to light the lamp on a nightly basis, and lets just hope the D can gel and play solid, consistent defense. All that's left is the coaching, right Tommy?
                Exactly, let's see if Motzko can caoch.

As for going to Oxford for the games. I don't think I am going to make it. I am in a wedding the weekend before, I am going out of town to my friends weekend long bachlor party in the dells in a few weeks and I have to go out of twon for work the end of october. The wife will only give me so many free passes, so I am out of luck. It's to bad because Waterlover said he would go.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  I agree Lee isn't going to have to much pressure. Let's face it, the Huskies don't have a mega fan base and they only have one beat writer who follows them. If Lee doesn't read this message board who is going to put pressure on him?
                  So the whole, "NO RESPECT!!" gig was just a bunch of hooey?

Comment

Or SCSU fans have finally given into the reality that they are irrelevant to everyone outside of Stearns County.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Respect has to be earned doesn't it....
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        I agree Lee isn't going to have to much pressure. Let's face it, the Huskies don't have a mega fan base and they only have one beat writer who follows them. If Lee doesn't read this message board who is going to put pressure on him? We all know Kevin is a good writer, but he doesn't exactly go after the squad that hard.

As for Dunn, he will get a chance to play more this year. My problem with Dunn is he let's up to many soft goals. When he jsut stops the one's he is suppose to he has done fine. Hopefully he plays better this year and gets to play 10-14 games. I have nothing agaisnt Dunn, but I hope Lee studs out and takes the number 1 spot.
                        I also don't expect Motzko is going to say to Lee, you have to win games for us and stop everything, not with the offense we can bring.
                        I think Dunn will get 10-15 games if he plays well and earns it, if not, we'll ride Lee.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Respect has to be earned doesn't it....
                          You guys should have thought about that before that campaign started.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                            So, Mike Lee looks like Shermanator from American Pie..
                            That's funny...I am sure there can be lots of things to run with that.

I have been away so long and I don't want to go through the thread, but here is an article in ESPN about Mike Lee. It has a picture of Mr. Lee.

It also quoted Blais' comments from an earlier article,

"Blais said he thinks Lee might be the guy to lead the university to its first national championship. "And I really believe that," Blais said."
                            "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

You guys should have thought about that before that campaign started.
                              That was pretty funny. Saint, SCSUBoy and PetersForHobey but never post here any more.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU HELMET GUY View Post
                                "Blais said he thinks Lee might be the guy to lead the university to its first national championship. "And I really believe that," Blais said."
                                Someone shoot me.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X