Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Off-season thread 2; DL's NOT DEAD!

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
    TommyBoy is 45 and I'm 33 and we will sometimes get trashed before games. Wait, 45 is the size of TB's waistline, I think he is more like 35.

I went to the race track today and a lady asked me which mount I wanted. I responded that I was in the mood for missionary if that was OK with her. She slapped me and walked away. ***?
    That's not even sexual harassment, she had no right to slap you!

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
      So where is your friends brother playing next year?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Exactly!

Definitions:

ha⋅rass  /həˈræs, ˈhærəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [huh-ras, har-uhs]

verb (used with object) 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
        2. to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

sexual harassment

n. The making of unwanted and offensive sexual advances or of sexually offensive remarks or acts, especially by one in a superior or supervisory position or when acquiescence to such behavior is a condition of continued employment, promotion, or satisfactory evaluation.

So its only harassment if its repeated. In other words, you can say the most vulgar, sexist, disgusting thing you want, as long as you just say it once.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Exactly!

Definitions:

ha⋅rass  /həˈræs, ˈhærəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [huh-ras, har-uhs]

verb (used with object) 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.
          2. to trouble by repeated attacks, incursions, etc., as in war or hostilities; harry; raid.

sexual harassment

n. The making of unwanted and offensive sexual advances or of sexually offensive remarks or acts, especially by one in a superior or supervisory position or when acquiescence to such behavior is a condition of continued employment, promotion, or satisfactory evaluation.

So its only harassment if its repeated. In other words, you can say the most vulgar, sexist, disgusting thing you want, as long as you just say it once.
          Not according to Section 609.749 of the Minnesota Statutes. Takes just one act.

Good article dated 07/04/09 regarding Nick Jensen on www.redwingscentral.com

Comment

I blame feminist's for everything wrong in section 609 of the Minnesota Statutes.

Comment

I blame feminist's for everything wrong in section 609 of the Minnesota Statutes.
              LOL! Did you actaully read section 609?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                LOL! Did you actaully read section 609?
                I got in a little trouble back in high school and kind of had to :\

Comment

So.... I just checked and found out that Homecoming's October 10th. Who's excited to spend Homecoming night listening to Don Lyons cover our Huskies in Oxford, OH on Lite 99.9 instead of actually having a home game for Homecoming?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

So.... I just checked and found out that Homecoming's October 10th. Who's excited to spend Homecoming night listening to Don Lyons cover our Huskies in Oxford, OH on Lite 99.9 instead of actually having a home game for Homecoming?
                    Why do you care you are not a student anymore? If I can swing it I hope to be in Oxford watching the game live......

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I got in a little trouble back in high school and kind of had to :\
                      Why doesn't that surprise me?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Who do we blame for you?

Comment

Homecoming is for football not hockey.
                          Schedules don't have to coordinate.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Who do we blame for you?
                            What can I say, the best part of me ran down the wall..

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              Why do you care you are not a student anymore? If I can swing it I hope to be in Oxford watching the game live......
                              Home-coming.... which part of that are you struggling with? If I were a student, or even still living in St. Cloud, I wouldn't care, I'd see all the home games anyway. But since I'm not a student, it would be nice to return to St. Cloud for the Homecoming festivities and a hockey game or two on the same trip.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Homecoming is for football not hockey.
                              Schedules don't have to coordinate.
                              Completely disagree. At Notre Dame, fine. At a school with a D-2 football team and a D-1 hockey team that's usually ranked, they should figure out a way to get home series that weekend. Its not like the games conflict, you could do hockey Friday night, football Saturday afternoon, and hockey Saturday night (or in the case of last year if its a home/home series, at least catch a Saturday doubleheader if they'd schedule our home game on Saturday).

I realize that Homecoming traditionally is a football thing, but in h.s. they were at least courteous enough to schedule the other sports for home games as well. I'm not saying its a horrendous injustice, it just seems at a school where hockey is bigger than the other sports combined, its kinda head-scratching that whether they play at home for Homecoming is just random luck of then schedule.

Comment

I realize that Homecoming traditionally is a football thing, but in h.s. they were at least courteous enough to schedule the other sports for home games as well. I'm not saying its a horrendous injustice, it just seems at a school where hockey is bigger than the other sports combined, its kinda head-scratching that whether they play at home for Homecoming is just random luck of then schedule.
                                They usually try to schedule home games that weekend, but they can't always be that picky if they want to play quality teams like Miami. I am sure Miami only had certain open dates that fit in their schedule.

On flip side for whatever reason the school seems to be trying to shove crappy D2 football down people's throat, but it will never catch on. In my opinion if they were smart they would just get rid of football and a lot of their money problems would go away. Not only would they be getting rid of a program that loses to much money, but then they could dump a few womans programs that lose to much as well. I of course non of this will ever happen, but I can dream.....

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Working...
                                X