Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

I was thinking the same thing and decided to go along with you PrezdeJohnson09.
    Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
    Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
    2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
    2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Read all about it...

Cardinals boost season tickets and 2009-10 schedule released

First match-up: Saturday, Oct. 17- CONCORDIA-MONTREAL (exhibition), 7 p.m.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        Read all about it...

Should be a great exhibition game; good job there by bringing an old school, 80s-90s regular season opponent back! Definitely looking forward to that. How about we take a page out of the ECAC book and have an afternoon start time for the Halloween game (help out us trick or treater Dads a little??)
        Last edited by hey now; 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

As I have noted in the previous posts, I try to make it a habit to use IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) whenever I am stating my opinion.
          two things..... You could drop the H and save a keystroke (let's face it, you are anything but humble in your opinions).

Remember, the bigger the donation, the louder the voice. Try that approach.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

How can you talk about facts, when part of your posts are based on name calling again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
              How can you talk about facts, when part of your posts are based on name calling again and again.
              Name calling? As in calling him Brucey? My whole family calls my uncle John, Johnny, I guess I'm at a lost of what you are talking about, but as it is "again and again", I'm sure you should be able to point out several examples. Also, I won't quote facts without a source.

BTW, I really like the name Brucey
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                two things..... You could drop the H and save a keystroke (let's face it, you are anything but humble in your opinions).

Remember, the bigger the donation, the louder the voice. Try that approach.
                Ok, Rumble might be better than Humble.

As for the donation end, I'll admit, I do send more to Cobleskill than Plattsburgh, but I always make the donations anonymously (IMO - if they are not anonymous, they are NOT donations, they are bribes/payments). But in any event - I'd never accept donations as adding to the validity of one's point, yes, in reality money talks, but that doesn't make it right - but you are probably right as to why things are the way they are
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Read all about it...

With Plattsburgh being so close to Montreal,I'm not surprised their playing them in an exhibition game.
                  Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                  Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                  2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                  2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                    It also clearly states about throwing objects on the ice at any time.
                    And again, what's that have to do with anything?
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Name calling? As in calling him Brucey? My whole family calls my uncle John, Johnny, I guess I'm at a lost of what you are talking about, but as it is "again and again", I'm sure you should be able to point out several examples. Also, I won't quote facts without a source.

BTW, I really like the name Brucey
                      I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. "Mongr. Brucey","rivals Ahmadinejod", "riding the coattails of others, mascarading as an A.D.", implications about selling fishing supplies, negative remarks made relating to his having a religious degree, lacks competency, etc. I find these comments, remarks, whatever you choose to call them, very derogatory, and unfair to this individual but according to you these are all based on fact. Next time I post , it will be related to strictly hockey and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                        I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. "Mongr. Brucey","rivals Ahmadinejod", "riding the coattails of others, mascarading as an A.D.", implications about selling fishing supplies, negative remarks made relating to his having a religious degree, lacks competency, etc. I find these comments, remarks, whatever you choose to call them, very derogatory, and unfair to this individual but according to you these are all based on fact. Next time I post , it will be related to strictly hockey and nothing more.
                        Alas, if that is what you are referring too, they are not meant to by derogatory, but descriptive. It is true that I have a problem with his methodology and question his competency for the position. That said I have seen NOTHING that indicates he is a bad person, or has ever shown intentional ill will. Also, I do think "riding on the coattails of others", is too strong, and I apologize for saying it, as it implies intent to do so. I do not believe it is his intent, in fact, I strongly believe he tries his best, albeit, unsuccessful to meet my expectations. I do believe, that much of his "success" is actually happenstance - being in the right place at the right time, and not so much due to skills and/or competence - and this is NOT to say that I think he is clueless, I have every reason believe he is a very educated and talented individual, I just think he is in position that he is not best suited for.

That said, I believe it is best that we agree too disagree, I sincerely respect your rights to respect and look up to him, and do not think that anyone who respects him has anything to be ashamed of, but as an AD, I have very little respect for him, but was very satisfied with his statements on Herb's death, I certainly couldn't have put it better.
                        Last edited by norm1909; 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          And again, what's that have to do with anything?
                          If I have to explain it I will.
                          People throwing things on the ice most likely would ignore noisemaker rules as well. Both could interfer with play, one with serious injury resulting.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Please Jerry, they have little to nothing to do with each other, and until Plattsburgh starting putting a clampdown on the tennis balls it was ONLY tennis balls being thrown onto the ice. As soon as they started searching for tennis balls people started bringing in other things, so your point is moot. I'm sure you use hand sanitizer every time you touch a doorknob to help prevent the H1N1 flu, or maybe everyone should be patted down at every rink to make sure their not bringing in a gun or a terrorist bomb. I’m sure you have been to every Plattsburgh home game to find that the noisemakers were only played/blown whatever when the whistle blew 99% of the time. The issue was noisemakers had been allowed and encouraged, and by the rule are allowed until a few suit and ties came to a game and changed it. It was bad enough Plattsburgh went with the less fan environment, comfy hand warming seat, cathedral setting with the new arena…exactly what every new arena has become.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              ...I’m sure you have been to every Plattsburgh home game to find that the noisemakers were only played/blown whatever when the whistle blew 99% of the time. The issue was noisemakers had been allowed and encouraged, and by the rule are allowed until a few suit and ties came to a game and changed it. It was bad enough Plattsburgh went with the less fan environment, comfy hand warming seat, cathedral setting with the new arena…exactly what every new arena has become.
                              Alas, that is the issue (BOLD above) - It is not a matter of changing the rules to make hockey more like baseball or basketball, where fans do there best to distract the players, or football where flag waving indigents try to distract the kicker. No, it is about working within the existing rules, to allow those noise makers already sanctioned by the NCAA, into the arena and used within the existing NCAA policies, to allow the fans to be sports fans, and create excitement and enthusiasm. Last year, a first timer attending a game at Stafford would have been hard pressed to imagine they were attending a matchup involving one of the NCAA DIII's top teams. The atmosphere in a hockey arena should not be the same as a lecture hall.
                              Last edited by norm1909; 07-27-2009, 10:34 AM. Reason: typos
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Does anyone really think a noisemaker affects the players' ability to play? I mean that is stupid to think that the guys on the ice are affected by someone blowing a horn. I say let people blow their horns whenever they want! They pay for their ticket and should be allow to emphasize their freedom of speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X