Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by mtuck20 View Post
    There's something to be said for an old, outdated, cold environment like Romney. I'd rather watch a game there than anywhere else.
    I perfectly understand where you're coming from, but....

I watched a lot of games at Romney "back in the day" (and spent some time skating there). But speaking from my current "old fart" status, I don't miss freezing my a** off and sitting on those wooden bleachers. Yes, it had that history and hardscrabble hockey ambiance- and I still wander in there every so often and think fondly about "the good old days", but these days I sure do like my warm season ticket seat with a back on it at the CC. I still put on the gloves for "over 50" once a week, but I admit it, I'm getting old and soft...

Remember the car joke- "They sure don't make 'em like they used to- thank God!"
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      ..Remember the car joke- "They sure don't make 'em like they used to- thank God!"
      I must agree
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Remy said: ".....Oswego was the better team." 1-31-10 10:20 PM

And the world is still turning on its axis!

(I am sorry I could not resist!)

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          Remy said: ".....Oswego was the better team." 1-31-10 10:20 PM

And the world is still turning on its axis!

(I am sorry I could not resist!)
          Yea, that 06-07 team was better....I at least can give a team credit when they are the better team on the ice. Unfortunatly some people only want to look through their green and gold glasses and just look at a score. BTW Emery said today the Cardinals have only been outplayed in one game, the 4-1 loss to Norwich. And also wouldn't say that Plattsburgh outplayed Oswego, but also said Oswego didn't outplay Plattsburgh. We will see if Oswego can end a 30 year curse this year with a healtyh Satim, Kavanagh and hopefully a full bench for 60 minutes, oh...and no Leis.

Besides, Hell already froze over when I sat in the Oswego student section and was cheering for Oswego when Adrian came to town...
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            I've been looking for this on-line, for your reading pleasure, a mere 176 pages.

2009-10 SUNYAC HANDBOOK

ICE HOCKEY OPERATING CODE begins on page 67.

Includes:
            Just to avoid confusion for those who chose not to read the manual, the section on artificial noisemakers is not in Section 5 (championships related), but is in Section 10, which relates to Crowd Control at any SUNYAC game.

As posted, one might believe it only applied to section5.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
              Just to avoid confusion for those who chose not to read the manual, the section on artificial noisemakers is not in Section 5 (championships related), but is in Section 10, which relates to Crowd Control at any SUNYAC game.

As posted, one might believe it only applied to section5.
              Good catch - I've edited the original entry to make it more clear.
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Yea, that 06-07 team was better....I at least can give a team credit when they are the better team on the ice. Unfortunatly some people only want to look through their green and gold glasses and just look at a score. BTW Emery said today the Cardinals have only been outplayed in one game, the 4-1 loss to Norwich. And also wouldn't say that Plattsburgh outplayed Oswego, but also said Oswego didn't outplay Plattsburgh. We will see if Oswego can end a 30 year curse this year with a healtyh Satim, Kavanagh and hopefully a full bench for 60 minutes, oh...and no Leis.

Besides, Hell already froze over when I sat in the Oswego student section and was cheering for Oswego when Adrian came to town...
                I do remember it being cold that day......I don't own such glasses, I tend be critical of my own team if you have not noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
                  Let me see if I have this right. Lack of discipline, not impressed with the defense and goal tending but they BEAT you twice. Man I would hate to your opinion of your team!!!!
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------My opinion of my team is THEY ARE GREAT! No complaints there. They are fast, seldom get outworked, show excellent discipline on the ice and are classy.

Comment

Is there any word on when Satim will be back?
                    Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                    08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                    2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

I don't really think either team is better. I think they are 2 of the best hockey teams in the country. Throw in Norwich and Elmira and I think any of those teams can come out of the East. I know nothing about the west, so I won't comment. I've been around long enough to know a couple of things. You're gonna have staunch fans of any team, that see their team can do no wrong, and thats fine. I think the thing I dislike is the sour grapes. Oswego finally breaks the skid, and Card fans play the "We're still better" game. Break the home skid and we hear it again. Or its an excuse. This guy was missing, our goalie played like crap. Oswego has had guys in and out of the lineup for weeks. Important guys. They kept winning. Teams have to play through adversity. I don't think either team outplayed the other on Saturday, after watching it on tv. Oswego just ended up with more goals. But what has happened with this rivalry is it has turned into the Yankees vs the Red Sox, Plattsburgh being the Yankees. Red Sox win the series and you hear "Well we have 26 championships." Yankees win the 27th, and the fans rub it in everyones faces like they personally won it. You know what? Its a hockey game. It was played well. A team won, and they deserved to win because it was hard fought and they scored more goals. Plattsburgh could come into the Campus Center and take it from Oswego in the title game, wouldn't be a shocker. But I expect a good game.

Comment

What he said. Right on!
                        Oswego State 1980 Grad
                        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Cards at the end of the road (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 2/2/10)

"I was looking for this night to come after the schedule we had in January," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "After this game, the bulk of our road schedule is over."

"Middlebury plays on a big rink," said Emery. "It's great for our program to play Middlebury every year because they have such a great tradition."

Despite not being a SUNYAC contest, Emery says it's a big game for his team.

"This is a game that could mean a lot on tournament selection day, no doubt" he said. "I've been around and on the selection committee and know the outcome of this game could be important down the road."

"In a way, it's good to be playing again this soon so you don't have a week to think about the loss," Emery said. "On the flip side, this is another tough game on the road."

Emery took the good and the not so good out of the Oswego game.

"We didn't get the leadership we needed," he said. "But, there was still a lot of good to take out of the game.

"We held a team meeting on Sunday and I told the guys I was proud of them for their effort."

"We have to find a way to win these type of games," Emery said.

"We've had to overcome some adversity this season. We'll likely have to move a forward back to defense because of injuries to give us six defensemen for the Middlebury game."
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Plattsburgh at Middlebury Game to be Videostreamed on Web

MIDDLEBURY, Vt. - The Plattsburgh-Middlebury men's hockey game played at Kenyon Arena (today at 7 p.m.) will be streamed online on a pay-per-view basis, according to Panther athletics officials. The cost is $6 and viewers can log on to http://gomidd.tv/login.php to access the video feed.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Oswego/Plattsburgh > Middlebury/Norwich because we don't charge for our webcasts

Down with the CCCP!
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Thanks anyway! I think I'll drive over for the game, since they opened the free ferry at Crown Point this past weekend.
                                Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
                                Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

Working...
                                X