Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
    "But, this is the first time all year our starting goaltending wasn't what it needed to be."

How about the first time you started Leis against Oswego!?!?!?!?!? I watched the game online here in Plattsburgh. For those at the game...did Williams look better or what? Why didn't he get the start? I know one thing is for sure..Williams certainly looked more comfortable in net!
    Just looking at the numbers and the fact that Leis lost to Oswego in November I was surprised before the game that Emery didn't go with Williams.
    If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by JMD9 View Post
      Just looking at the numbers and the fact that Leis lost to Oswego in November I was surprised before the game that Emery didn't go with Williams.
      Thank you man! When I listened to the Cortland broadcast and heard Williams was starting, I figured (according to the rotation) Leis was in net tomorrow night and thought...OHHH CRAP IT'S OVER ALREADY!
      Plattsburgh State Cardinals
      1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
      21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw88 View Post
        I agree. He won't play him again, but I don't think he was to blame for that lose. The Fox goal was a two on nothing down low. Musselwhites was a screen in front put in the top corner. Whitelaws was essentially a breakaway. I do think he should have had that one though.
        That game could have gone either way, but for the first time in a very, very long time I felt a little more comfortable at the end of that game with this team over years past. Looking forward to play Plattsburgh again.
        Well yea, when you're on a powerplay with 1:34 left in the game I would too lol. Oh and BTW that was a weak call on Rod with 4 minutes left or whatever, but probably changed the game. Oswego took that call and really came at Plattsburgh after the Cards had been buzzing in the offensive zone. Correct about the first two goals, but when you are playing a team like this, you have to make some of those save. Ask Brian Hince. Hince made the big saves when it needed to be done, Lies can not against Oswego. Williams saved a penalty shot, a breakaway, and probably 3 or 4 more of his 12 saves were pretty much game saving. Still hard to believe how many posts we heard, don't get me wrong GT has to be in posistion for Plattsburgh to hit posts and not net, but Plattsburgh had their chances.

Here is hoping for 2 more Oswego/Plattsburgh match ups.....
        Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 01-31-2010, 11:42 AM.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Here is hoping for 2 more Oswego/Plattsburgh match ups.....

That would make for an epic season and a thrilling chapter in the rivalry
          If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw88 View Post
            I agree. He won't play him again, but I don't think he was to blame for that lose. The Fox goal was a two on nothing down low. Musselwhites was a screen in front put in the top corner. Whitelaws was essentially a breakaway. I do think he should have had that one though.
            That game could have gone either way, but for the first time in a very, very long time I felt a little more comfortable at the end of that game with this team over years past. Looking forward to play Plattsburgh again.
            The first goal would not have happened had he controlled he rebound on the initial shot...
            Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
            2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              The first goal would not have happened had he controlled he rebound on the initial shot...
              Or if his defense helps clear out in a team game

Comment

I believe both coaches dont like giving up as many chances as they did with any goalie they put in there

Comment

I was at the game last night and well...I don't think there is any question that come playoff time, Williams should be the ONLY goaltender in net. I think I'd feel comfortable with Plattsburgh's chances if Leis made starts against say, Morrisville and Buffalo State. I think Leis is still a quality goalie, and would be a no-question starter for many teams, but Emery is huge on putting the team on the ice that gives them the best chance to win, and Williams gives Plattsburgh the best chance to win. Until Williams hits a wall and doesn't perform, you have to say he's the new number one.

As mentioned before, Williams looked much more comfortable in net. On the Lakers' first shot of the game, Leis looked nervous and rattled. On the ensuing goal, Leis was a little out of position, and it looked from my vantage point like he was nervous and fighting the puck. I was very happy Emery removed him, because it was evident he wasn't comfortable and needed to try something different. I thought it was the right move.

Other thoughts on the game...this is the second time I've seen Platty this year in person. I thought they hung with the Lakers. Oswego has so much firepower, they are just dangerous. That Fox-Selleck-Laganiere line is dangerous, although I will say, I think Fox and Selleck really help Laganiere, kinda like what Joey Wilson did for Sliasis last year.

Musselwhite is fast...and annoying lol. I am so glad he's a senior. A couple of Platty players match his speed, I believe, but he's a very good player, who seems to have worked really hard to get to where he is.

I wasn't impressed with KGT. He left the net open a lot, but Plattsburgh had no clue how to find the back of the net on chances Oswego would have buried. Coming out in the first and third periods with his hands raised like he was some MMA fighter killed me. I think he is goofy.

The atmosphere was terrific. Oswego fans (students) were great. I wish the Plattsburgh students were this way. I thought the chants, even the A-Hole chants, were fine, not vulgar for children at all, but not watered down. Rooting against Plattsburgh was fine...a job well done...plus they were classy, no one being a jerk cuz I wore red or anything like that, unlike Potsdam fans lol. As a matter of fact, I was ashamed at that moron kid who spit in the whiteout towel on the fam cam. That was disgusting and a little too far. Pretty classy. Not to mention the f-bombs she was dropping (I can read lips).

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                    As a matter of fact, I was ashamed at that moron kid who spit in the whiteout towel on the fam cam. That was disgusting and a little too far. Pretty classy. Not to mention the f-bombs she was dropping (I can read lips).
                    I didn't get the chance to see it, but yes uncalled for. At least their school actually does something like this.

I actually had a lot of laughs about the RNA shirts. A lot of the Laker fans even got a chuckle out of it. Who knows maybe between a few of us we can even come up with a Laker shirt come March for the Laker students. Kind of sad not seeing it this year.

Last thing, the only dissapointing thing (well other then the score) was moron Tim Hale. As we approached the entrance to the rink, he ran in and whispered to the campus security to have me frisked. When I was frisked they demanded I empty a juice cup which contained my 1 year old sons medicine for his infection (only way the kid will take it) or I would not be allowed in. What a freakn Pr-I-cK.
                    Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 01-31-2010, 12:12 PM.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I wasn't impressed with KGT. He left the net open a lot, but Plattsburgh had no clue how to find the back of the net on chances Oswego would have buried. Coming out in the first and third periods with his hands raised like he was some MMA fighter killed me. I think he is goofy.
                      FYI...he comes onto the ice with his hands raised because he is high-fiving the 5 year olds that hang over the ledge as the team skates onto the ice. He does it every period of every game.
                      Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                      2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

FYI...he comes onto the ice with his hands raised because he is high-fiving the 5 year olds that hang over the ledge as the team skates onto the ice. He does it every period of every game.
                        That was one thing I noticed both pre and post game. The players, while still half dressed, were interacting with the fans. And then after the game even more so with the fans, especially little kids. You've got to love that.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

He didn't do it at the start of the second period. I didn't see any kids high-fiving him but I am getting old and my eyes very well could be failing me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

Last thing, the only dissapointing thing (well other then the score) was moron Tim Hale. As we approached the entrance to the rink, he ran in and whispered to the campus security to have me frisked. When I was frisked they demanded I empty a juice cup which contained my 1 year old sons medicine for his infection (only way the kid will take it) or I would not be allowed in. What a freakn Pr-I-cK.

Did they eventually let you have it, or did you really have to empty it? Yeah I saw Mr. Hale when I got there. Thrilling. I wonder how he felt about the crowd's chantings AGAINST the Platty goalie and AGAINST the team ("Plattsburgh sucks")

Comment

Did they eventually let you have it, or did you really have to empty it? Yeah I saw Mr. Hale when I got there. Thrilling. I wonder how he felt about the crowd's chantings AGAINST the Platty goalie and AGAINST the team ("Plattsburgh sucks")
                              nope made me dump it out...
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Selleck was so good last night his equipment was literally on fire
                                I'm rocking the suburbs

Comment

Working...
                                X