Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
    Kavanagh has grown...I replayed the last goal and the third goal (i think) of the Neumann game last year over and over and over...Kavanagh blew both of em...Kavanagh gave the puck away on the third (i think) goal, and skated too far in on the game winner...He needed to get better and he did. Interestingly, the D has been solid without their senior Breslin, who, i believe was on the ice for that GW against Neumann and didnt get back either. I had such high hopes for him after his first two years...is he not playing because the younger guys are better or playing better? I know it was a disciplinary thing a couple of times...fill me in
    Breslin will get his chance this weekend with Hepler probably done for the season with injury and Kavanagh out for a couple of weeks with an illness. Breslin is best when he keeps it simple and doesn't try to do too much out there. He has taken some bad penalties this year that has sort of put him in the dog house as well. Hard to get out of that dog house when your freshmen defensemen are playing really well.

Hopefully Breslin will have a great weekend. As Emery keeps saying it takes more than 20 players to win a title....

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
      I apologize for posting two consecutive times, but Oswego fans the last time I heard of your goaltending situation it was a toss up between KGT and Beckwith. Has KGT now solidified his spot as the starter? Will he be in net Saturday Night? Thanks.
      I think we'll be seeing KGT in net Saturday but Beckwith on Friday. Gosek has given Becks more playing time lately, and he performed well against Buff St. (discounting the terrible early goal he let in). So, we'll see.
      Benjamin Amey
      WTOP 10 News Director 2008-2009
      Oswego State Lakers
      Laker Lowdown Anchor

Comment

I apologize for posting two consecutive times, but Oswego fans the last time I heard of your goaltending situation it was a toss up between KGT and Beckwith. Has KGT now solidified his spot as the starter? Will he be in net Saturday Night? Thanks.
        Beckwith and KGT have been splitting time lately with KGT getting the harder of the two games (ex..Beckwith in net against Conn Coll and KGT in net against Elmira for the Pathfinder).
        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Cardinals enter stretch run (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/29/10)

"Cortland will be pumped up to play us — we're a big game on everyone's schedule," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "We haven't had an easy time with Cortland.

"It's crunch time in the league for everyone and there's a lot at stake for everyone."

The Cardinals will be without the services of an injured Satim and an ill defenseman Mike Kavanagh this weekend.

"We have to play the hand that we've been dealt," Emery said. "There are no excuses and we have to buckle down. We've faced a lot of adversity this year and hopefully it will make us strong at the end.

"I've said all along that we're a work in progress. We're trying to get better all the time and look at the small picture."
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I've heard from a few Plattsburgh fans that they feel the Plattsburgh defensive corp is actually better than they were last year and that included Nick Rolls, Ward Smith, and Eric Greene. Three very good d-men.

So that might have something to do with it. Plus I think Plattsburgh played a little bit more wide open and gambled a lot more with Hince knowing he was back there and capable of making the big save. Not quite sure this year's Plattsburgh team is the same way. They at least didn't look that way in the game I saw them play against Elmira this year.
            I Agree...great defense
            Seems to me that their play has been a little more tentative this year, particularly during the first period or so. It looks like they are feeling the other team out, waiting for a mistake or two and playing not to lose.
            I hope it's an intentional strategy and not just that they are slow getting out of the gate.

Comment

Cards advance to showdown (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/30/10)

...tonight's 7 p.m. conference showdown against the SUNYAC-leading and top-ranked Lakers, who tuned up for the Cardinals with a 5-1 home win over Potsdam.

"It should be exciting," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery.

Friday's contest between the Cardinals (13-2-4, 9-1-1) and the Red Dragons (7-13, 4-7) wasn't nearly as exciting.

"Our effort was just okay," said Emery. "We did manage the puck well in our own end, like we have all year.

"We did what we had to do, but I would have liked to have seen more emotion. I never felt real threatened when it was 2-1, but it was quiet on the bench. It was one of those games that's tough to play."

"We could have blown it open, but we missed a lot of chances," Emery said. "Their goalie (Mike Reilly) played pretty well and we also made him look good."
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think they will give it their all>They just need someone to step up and take Satims roll!Fighting for that puck and creating the play.

Comment

As we begin our decent upon Laker Land, I leave you all with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dcH4ZPXz7w
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

With the loss to Oswego there will be a lot of pressure on Plattsburgh to defeat Middlebury away next Tuesday. Checking the weekend scores the Panthers beat both Colby and Bowdoin so it looks like they have there confidence back. With Eric Satim (Plattsburgh's go to guy) injured I thougt Plattsburgh was at quite a dissadvantage this weekend. I know Coach Emery doesn't make excuses for injury, however, when playing the best you got to have your best players in the lineup and Satim in my opinion is Plattsburgh best player.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Lakers sink Cardinals again (Excerpt from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/31/10)

"Going in, I wasn't sure if we could outscore them," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "But, I knew we could outplay them. We proved we could play with them tonight, but in the end, we need to find a way to win.

"I give the guys credit for working hard. But, we need better leadership and mental toughness."

When Jon Whitelaw gave the Lakers a 3-1 advantage at 5:53 of the second, that was it for Cardinals' starting goaltender Josh Leis, who was replaced by Ryan Williams.

"He (Leis) didn't make any of the saves when he had to," Emery said. "At the time, it was 3-1 and I could see the team getting down. That's when I decided to replace him.

"But, this is the first time all year our starting goaltending wasn't what it needed to be."

"I've never seen us get as many too many men on the ice penalties as we have this season," Emery said. "The second one tonight came at the wrong time for us."

The Lakers played undisciplined hockey at times and gave the Cardinals their share of chances on the powerplay where Plattsburgh State went zero-for-seven.

"Our powerplay worked really well — we worked the puck really well and had plenty of chances," Emery said. "But, we didn't finish and that's a lot of the same stuff we've had this year."

The Cardinals also hit the post and crossbar in the second period.
                      "We've had a lot of adversity this year," Emery said. "We do, however, have to be more mentally tough.

"This is the end of the toughest month I can remember, but we need to bounce back against Middlebury on Tuesday. That's a big game for us."
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

"But, this is the first time all year our starting goaltending wasn't what it needed to be."

How about the first time you started Leis against Oswego!?!?!?!?!? I watched the game online here in Plattsburgh. For those at the game...did Williams look better or what? Why didn't he get the start? I know one thing is for sure..Williams certainly looked more comfortable in net!
                        Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                        1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                        21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

How about the first time you started Leis against Oswego!?!?!?!?!? I watched the game online here in Plattsburgh. For those at the game...did Williams look better or what? Why didn't he get the start? I know one thing is for sure..Williams certainly looked more comfortable in net!
                          Other than the third goal, which goal was his fault?

Comment

a .710 Save% and 4.91 GAA against Oswego is enough for me to say Lies will not be seeing Oswego anytime soon.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw88 View Post
                              Other than the third goal, which goal was his fault?
                              Dude, he's the goalie. Last time I checked his responsibility is to keep the puck out of the net. So if we're putting the blame on everyone else..are we going to say the defensemen played PERFECT while Williams was in net? If Leis stayed in there the whole game, he probley gives up six goals.
                              Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                              1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                              21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                a .710 Save% and 4.91 GAA against Oswego is enough for me to say Lies will not be seeing Oswego anytime soon.
                                I agree. He won't play him again, but I don't think he was to blame for that lose. The Fox goal was a two on nothing down low. Musselwhites was a screen in front put in the top corner. Whitelaws was essentially a breakaway. I do think he should have had that one though.
                                That game could have gone either way, but for the first time in a very, very long time I felt a little more comfortable at the end of that game with this team over years past. Looking forward to play Plattsburgh again.

Comment

Working...
                                X