Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
    Burghy just keeps looking more and more maniacal with each iteration of that outfit. I swear his eyes are going to be bloodshot next time around.
    Hopefully, someday it will make it to a hockey game

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and for those who need a post holiday hockey fix, the Cardinals take to the ice at the Stafford this Sunday 12/27/09 at 3pm.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      Hopefully, someday it will make it to a hockey game

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and for those who need a post holiday hockey fix, the Cardinals take to the ice at the Stafford this Sunday 12/27/09 at 3pm.

I believe Emery said 7pm...
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Not exactly hockey related, other than my favorite route to Middlebury games, but anyway, for those who have crossed it in the past, here the link to WPTZ's video of today's (12/28/09) demolition of the Crown Point Bridge.
        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

just thought I would let everyone know that Coach Emery announced the lineup for the Cardinal Classic for next year and 2 out of the 3 teams for the following year....

2010-2011 Neumann, New England College and Curry
          2011-2012 Utica and Babson are in already.
          Jim Reisdorf
          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
            Burghy just keeps looking more and more maniacal with each iteration of that outfit. I swear his eyes are going to be bloodshot next time around.
            I miss the Old Burghy. This one looks like a big red chicken.
            Now, you can call me gramps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
              just thought I would let everyone know that Coach Emery announced the lineup for the Cardinal Classic for next year and 2 out of the 3 teams for the following year....

2010-2011 Neumann, New England College and Curry
              2011-2012 Utica and Babson are in already.
              Nice to see some different teams. Neumann has won the Cardinal Classic recently if memory serves. Curry played what I still consider one of the best Cardinal games I've ever attended (the NCAA QF game several years ago). And there has been some grumbling on this board by Cardinal fans that wanted to get Utica on the schedule. Long time fans will certainly remember the rivalry with Babson (not that the ancient history will mean anything to younger fans!) Good work by Coach Emery!
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Dave Williams, a Rochester, N.Y., native graduated from Plattsburgh State in 1995, after serving four years as the student manager of the university's hockey team, is currently the Buffalo Sabres equipment manager. He is profiled on NHL.com, check it out here.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Coach Emery's thoughts on Potsdam Tie and upcoming Cardinal Classic (Press-Republican Artice 12/31)

"It felt like we had lost the game." We didn't have the right attitude. We didn't work hard and we didn't do the little things that make us successful.

"Maybe the players came out of the PrimeLink Tournament feeling too good about themselves. But we got away from the style of hockey we play in the offensive zone in the Potsdam game.

"It was the worst Christmas break from hockey I can remember because of the Potsdam game. In addition, it's been a long time since we've entered the break in second place in the conference."

Emery wants to see his team get out of the gates quickly this weekend when Plattsburgh State hosts the annual Cardinal Classic at the Stafford Ice Arena.

"We need to correct our mistakes and get better on a daily basis," Emery said. "Winning starts in practice.

"The attitude has been good in practice this week, and we need to get on a roll."
                  Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                  1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                  21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Cardinals begin tough month (Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/1/10)

"It's going to be a tough month for us," said Plattsburgh State coach Bob Emery. "We need to take care of business because it's as tough a month as I've seen since I've been here.

"We have a lot of difficult games on the road — that's just the way it worked out this year on the schedule. We want to get on a roll in our tournament."
                    "We had a tough time in beating Castleton (3-0) last season," Emery said. "They will want to play a low-scoring game against us, and we need to play our style of hockey.
                    "Trinity and Skidmore are both good-skating teams, and the 4 p.m. game should be a good one."

After this weekend, the Cardinals' only other home game this month will be Jan. 12 against Skidmore.
                    Plattsburgh State is outscoring its opponents by a combined 44-17 margin, including a 40-15 edge in the conference.

The top scorers for the Cardinals are junior forward Eric Satim (7-9-16), junior forward Dylan Clarke (4-10-14) and sophomore forward Vick Schlueter (6-3-9). Twelve players have five points or more. Freshmen Ryan Williams (4-0-1, 1.18 GAA) and Josh Leis (3-1-1, 1.97 GAA) have shared time in net.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Cardinals begin tough month (Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/1/10)
                      Doesn't matter who you're playing: 3 home games and 7 road games in one month is a TOUGH month. Now, factor in Norwich, Elmira, Williams (who is no joke year), and Oswego... that's very tough. Throw in Middlebury 3 days after playing Oswego at the end of the month (2/2, so not in January)... and you've got what I view as an absolutely ridiculous schedule.

If Plattsburgh goes 11-0 in that stretch, and Adrian fails to beat Oswego... those 2 First Place Votes better be unanimous for Plattsburgh!
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Dave Williams, a Rochester, N.Y., native graduated from Plattsburgh State in 1995, after serving four years as the student manager of the university's hockey team, is currently the Buffalo Sabres equipment manager. He is profiled on NHL.com, check it out here.
                        I had a few classes with Erin Pollina, who graduated from Oswego in 2007 and is now the Buffalo Sabres Web Coordinator. She works with Kevin Sylvester frequently.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Cardinals open 2nd semester with dominating win (Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/2/10)

"We had good leadership and intensity from the start," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "The players were hungry."

"I felt our second period was again our best," Emery said. "We could have had more goals if we would have taken advantage of the opportunities we had."

The third period was all Plattsburgh State as the Cardinals got two goals from DeLong and one apiece from Dan Sliasis and Satim to break it open.

"We wanted to keep the clock running in the third period," Emery said.

Plattsburgh State was strong on special teams, going four-for-nine on the powerplay.

"We did a good job getting the puck in deep, working our cycle and forcing them into taking penalties," Emery said.

"We're going to have our hands full with Trinity," Emery said. "They looked good."
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Emery's right, with the scoring chances they had in the 2nd period the score could have been 11-1. I remember Docking, Grace, and Jobb(?) getting robbed on one-timer oppertunities. Overall, I thought we played great. The Spartans were certainly overmatched in terms of talent. Tonight's Trinity championship game will be an entertaining one to watch. From what I saw in the first semi final contest, Trinity has a similar style to PSU as cycling in the zone was their bread and butter. By the way, how about that goal by Satim from Clarke? You can't get much prettier than that.
                            Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                            1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                            21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                              Emery's right, with the scoring chances they had in the 2nd period the score could have been 11-1. I remember Docking, Grace, and Jobb(?) getting robbed on one-timer oppertunities. Overall, I thought we played great. The Spartans were certainly overmatched in terms of talent. Tonight's Trinity championship game will be an entertaining one to watch. From what I saw in the first semi final contest, Trinity has a similar style to PSU as cycling in the zone was their bread and butter. By the way, how about that goal by Satim from Clarke? You can't get much prettier than that.
                              Except I also noticed that their cycling turned to s*** when they went on a powerplay. In fact, despite the game-winner being a PPG, I would argue their powerplay was the worst unit they put on the ice all afternoon.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Did Plattsburgh invite varsity teams to their tournament? In case you haven't checked, Potsdam won the Times-Argus Tournament which featured the #3 and #6 teams in the Nation.
                                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X