Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by wallhd View Post
    I think that I understood Bob to say that he felt that St Mikes was going to become a D-III school in all sports. Once that move has taken place, Bob said he would love to add St. Mikes to the schedule.

GO CARDS !!!

Wally
    Cornell '67
    If that is the case, it would be good for all of the teams in the interlock, who currently have to write off games with St. Mikes as "semi-exhibitions" (they count as league games, but not for NCAA purposes).
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
      I am hearing that WIRY will not air the PSU/Concordia game LIVE due to the Yankee's play-off game.

Live Stats will be up:
      http://www.sidearmstats.com/plattsburgh/mhockey

I will also be tweeting from the game:
      http://twitter.com/cardinal_hockey

I'll be in plattsburgh for the weekend. My understanding is that tickets are on sale game-day only? How early should I arrive to get tickets? After all the difficulties of last year, I can only imagine this year is going to be hell.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        The Plattsburgh State athletics Web site is to be changed to put Cardinal fans closer to their respective sports teams by incorporating new interactive programs like poll questions and surveys. It will also allow for faster, more efficient updates on college scores and statistics. Read more here.
        They are making Bill-R's site the official athletics page?

Oh...they aren't?

Booooo Plattsburgh.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          They are making Bill-R's site the official athletics page?
          Rumour has it, that lately the "-R" stands for Romeo

Note, as for the St Mikes thing, in the replay (available here), it follows, Ducky & Emery discussing playing Elmira at 21:44.

At 22:28 - Emery:
          "Many people talk about us maybe picking up Castleton, or maybe another local team. It makes a lot of sense, cause the guys don't miss school, although at Elmira they don't miss school because we leave on Friday not a Thursday. A local game costs us thousands of dollars less because we travel less, to go travel to play. There's a lot of talk about that. Theres a lot a talk about St Mikes going Division III finally, all of their sports going Division III. That would be great if we add them to the schedule, even of we play them over there, I'm sure our fans could go have dinner in Burlington and see the game, it would be great."
          Also note, replaying "Behind the Bench" requires the latest Realplayer SP - available for downloading free here.
          Last edited by norm1909; 10-15-2009, 11:40 AM.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Quick question for anyone familiar with St. Mike's beyond its non-NE10 sports with DIII-heavy schedules (hockey, baseball): are there any historically successful or otherwise promising sports at the school that would feel slighted at the program dropping to DIII? I know the school's trophy case is pretty bare at the national level, but I have no idea whether some of the coaches would nonetheless be unhappy to depart the Northeast-10.
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
              Quick question for anyone familiar with St. Mike's beyond its non-NE10 sports with DIII-heavy schedules (hockey, baseball): are there any historically successful or otherwise promising sports at the school that would feel slighted at the program dropping to DIII? I know the school's trophy case is pretty bare at the national level, but I have no idea whether some of the coaches would nonetheless be unhappy to depart the Northeast-10.
              I have always been told that both St. Mike's and St. A's in Manchester, NH in the past have placed a lot of importance in D2 basketball. I have seen a few B ball games over the years at St. Mike's, notwithstanding that I am not a big time fan, I am just as happy watching a D3 game at Norwich or Johnson. The D2 skill level is a little higher but there are a lot of advantages to going to a D3 league including saving in travel expenses.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                The only sport that they provide athletic grants-in-aid for is basketball.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  I'll be in plattsburgh for the weekend. My understanding is that tickets are on sale game-day only? How early should I arrive to get tickets? After all the difficulties of last year, I can only imagine this year is going to be hell.
                  According to their website, the earliest they're going to sell individual tickets is at the Fieldhouse 1 1/2 hrs. before face-off. Not to mention Bruce Almighty's handy dandy plan for all us devoted season ticket buyers to pick up our tickets before the Concordia game (I guess they couldn't squeeze postage and an envelope into the $110 this year). Should be a pretty healthy line for an exhibition game; I'd get there no later than 5:30 if I were you. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have separate lines or something?

Comment

Heard that Hince got cut in the CHL or the I not sure. Either way not a good situation for a young man.
                    "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Borrowed from another thread, but here's the link
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Cardinals Sting Concordia University in Exhibition

Game Stats here.

PLATTSBURGH - The Plattsburgh State men's hockey team opened the 2009-10 season unofficially with a 7-2 exhibition victory Saturday over Concordia University of Montreal before 1,575 fans at the Stafford Ice Arena. Freshman Chris Wieland scored midway through the second period to break a 2-2 deadlock and the Cardinals' offense exploded for four more goals in the third period.

The Cardinals will take to the ice for real the weekend of Oct. 30-31 when conference opponents Geneseo and Brockport come to town. The Stingers, who are members of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport-affiliated Quebec Student Sports Federation Conference, fall to 0-6. Per NCAA rules, statistics and results of this meeting do not count against the Cardinals' record.

Dylan Clarke led Plattsburgh with two goals, including his first of the night with 50 seconds left in the opening period for a 2-0 lead.

The Stingers fought back to tie it at 2-all on goals by Michael Blundon and Jesse Goodsell in the second period. But 25 seconds after Goodsell's tally, the Cardinals answered quickly with Wieland's eventual game-winner.

Other Plattsburgh multi-point scorers were Eric Satim with three points on a goal and two assists, and Jared Docking and Paul Puglisi each had two assists.

The Cardinals dominated in shots, 45 to 16.

Plattsburgh utilized three freshman goaltenders in Josh Leis (5 saves), Raphy Rossy (3; credited with win) and Ryan Williams (6). In the Concordia-Montreal net, Maxime Joyal and Roger Kennedy had 24 and 14 saves, respectively.
                        Plattsburgh Press-Republican Article - here.

"We're going to be an exciting team to watch this season," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery.

"We learned a lot about the team tonight and who can do what," Emery said. "We're going to give everyone an opportunity to show what they are capable of.

"We'll find out more in our practices and the Red-White Game this coming weekend. We want to play hungry and smart. Our goal is to get a lot of pucks on net and get rebounds."
                        I have to say, his goal for the team should help score goals (maybe he shouldn't give up his secrets like that)
                        Last edited by norm1909; 10-18-2009, 08:34 AM.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Saw the game and I thought the boys looked overpowering against an opponet that looked like they were forced to play at gun point. Could Concordia be THAT bad? I'm not sure coach could really gleam anything from the play other than: 1. we're going to be fiesty and 2. we're going to be able to skate most teams out of the rink - a couple of the boys really have a set of wheels. It will be interesting to see how coach takes advantage of that this season.

Comment

How about that Joyal goalie for Concordia? He was tremendous. Gotta like a stand-up goalie. Two goals wasn't bad considering the way he got peppered. I thought Platts looked pretty solid. Looks like there's some "EMOTION" and a few bangers in there with the usual Cardinal speed. Concordia found out early that the refs weren't going to allow the Quebec brand of smashmouth hockey in a US college game and they flat out got worn down because of it. Great start to our season though.

Comment

Great points. There were so many shots by PSU in the first period that I think it took the score keeper mid-way through the first intermission to catch up. We also sent wave after wave of fresh bodies against a short bench. I don't think anybody played more than two periods, except maybe a couple of vets. Concordia has been on some lopsided scores and I'm sure at some point the guys would have given up on everything, but playing the body. But then again that would have required them to move their feet One thing I will say is that PSU better find some discipline. Too many penalties and a couple that took us off power plays or gave the Stingers a two man advantage. This team's speed will give them plenty of PP chances, no sense in giving them back.

Comment

It’s a wrap, the 2009-10 Men's Hockey Season ticket sales has closed, effective Oct. 23.
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X