Your one do-over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your one do-over.

Something to keep the creative juices flowing here everybody. Pick that one game, from the entire history of games you've watched that if you could play it over again because your team lost on a flukey goal or a back call perhaps. A loss to a big rival, or something from tournement time perhaps??
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Something to keep the creative juices flowing here everybody. Pick that one game, from the entire history of games you've watched that if you could play it over again because your team lost on a flukey goal or a back call perhaps. A loss to a big rival, or something from tournement time perhaps??
    Cornell at Minnesota, NCAA quarterfinals 2005. Cornell had successfully played hunker-down, opportunistic hockey and was looking stronger as the 3rd period ended, only to lose it in overtime. Oh, what a chance was lost to stick one to tArrogance...
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

No question . . .

1999 NCAA Championship Game. Maine beat UNH, 3-2, OT.
      I haven't been on here in a year...
      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

1992. RPI was 10th. At that time the top 10 teams made the playoffs.

RPI beat #7 UVM 5-1 in a Tuesday preliminary round game. They then played #1 Harvard and won in OT. That moved RPI into the semis vs. SLU. RPI was leading, I think by a couple of goals, but SLU and the refs tied it forcing overtime, and SLU and the refs won in OT.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'd move that skate a half inch in the '04 Denver game. Or let the refs call it they way they did the rest of time.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
            No question . . .

Seconded...

Comment

No question . . .

the only other game that even comes close is BU this year, but that is a distant second place.
              "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
                the only other game that even comes close is BU this year, but that is a distant second place.
                I actually viewed that game as a moral victory for UNH, the team galiantly against a vastly superior team that about a month before made UNH look silly at BU. Even though UNH came out at home the next night a fought, still ended up losing by 2 goals. The team pushed the best team in college hockey to their limit, with the game winning goal coming on the power play with something like 17 seconds left.

Comment

No question . . .

Both for the ref early in the game which just made the 1st period very choppy (Noeth) and the number of times late in the 3rd and overtime where Alfie stole goal after goal from UNH.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

An absolute no-brainer:

Oct 20, 1995 - I'd move Travis Roy three feet farther from the boards.

Comment

last March. Air Force vs Vermont. puck goes through net.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

1989, N.C. late in the game Gophers come down on a rush and hit the post. As sometimes in hockey on the next rush Harvard scores claiming title. That sack punch lasted in me gut for 13 long years!!

Comment

Out of the Tech games I've seen, I have to go with 2 years ago in the GLI against Michigan. Just give us one of those post shots in OT and MTU has its first GLI title since 1980...
                          Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            Out of the Tech games I've seen, I have to go with 2 years ago in the GLI against Michigan. Just give us one of those post shots in OT and MTU has its first GLI title since 1980...
                            seconded.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

I guess 2004 regional finals against Maine. And, if I were older, probably most of the 1990s, culminating in the embarassment against BC in 2000.

As it is, using the games I've actually been to, I'd like a do-over on the third period against North Dakota in the regional finals in 2008.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X