Your one do-over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

2001 Hockey East Championship game. Can we please have the third period over again?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Anyone else care to make the obligatory "Girls of Northern Michigan" joke here?
      Not if they're from Spearfish Lake, WI

As for me, personally 1977 ECAC semifinal vs BU.
      And my son's current coach played in that game for BU. So how can I tell him that he ruined my senior year?
      Last edited by joecct; 07-08-2009, 02:25 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRatEO View Post
        For the whole of college hockey: Travis Roy a few feet further from the boards, as mentioned earlier. No brainer.

For my beloved Dartmouth Big Green: The November '04 game against Princeton where Hugh Jessiman injured his ankle on a freak play. It's sad to see Hugh's name tossed around as a punchline the way it was in New York, and I think if he'd gotten through that season in reasonable health, that wouldn't be the case. Equally important, that should have been the best team of the Gaudet era, with five future NHL players (Lewis, Jones, Glass, Stempniak, Lovejoy) on one team, along with Jessiman (who SHOULD be the sixth), Nick Johnson, J.T. Wyman and Mike Ouellette. That team should have gone to the tournament, and if it had, we wouldn't still be wondering if Dartmouth will ever get over the hump.
        Coincidentally, Jessiman might very well be involved in Glen Sather's one do-over as GM of the Rangers, and as an alienated Rangers fan, hiring Glen Sather might be one of my other do-overs too.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

And my son's current coach played in that game for BU. So how can I tell him that he ruined my senior year?
          It's been 32 years. May want to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            It's been 32 years. May want to move on.

ha! great to know that my alma mater was breaking hearts even before I was born, and that it still hurts.

GO BU!!! GO BU!!!
            Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

The end of the 2002 season, DU, #1 seed, was 32-7-1 and "got" to play at Yost against Michigan in the NCAA regional. Gwozdecky was up for the Penrose. Frozen Four here we come. OOOPs the away team, Michigan won the game.
              Do over--not have to play Michigan at yost, play in a different region. Or Win the game.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                I know someone else who wants a do-over...

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                If only there was video of Sean Fields from a few years back...

Comment

For Bemidji State, I could go two ways with this and mean the same thing:

I'd take back the flukiest injury I've ever seen in this game (BSU's top player, current Columbus Bluejacket, Andrew Murray, accidently gets bumped (not hard even) headding back to the bench and breaks his collar bone - he's done for the season, BSU's first D-I NCAA birth)

Or, I'd make Murray heal in time for this game.

For my other team, Northern Michigan - I'd go with their loss to BC (2-1) back in the NCAA Regionals in 1999. I go with that because it reamains the only NCAA appearance since I've followed the 'Cats, and for a while it looked like NMU had BC on the ropes. Also, I was set to board a bus if NMU won and watch the next game (vs. NoDak) for the right to play in the Frozen Four. Also, it looked like NMU was on the rise, and they have struggled to get back to the NCAA's. Had they won that game, maybe the program gets a boost from it...

Moose
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                    Can my do-over be not being at that game.
                    Makes sense that a Tech fan must relive heartache thorugh others considering they're never in position to win anything.

Comment

• Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Makes sense that a Tech fan must relive heartache thorugh others considering they're never in position to win anything.
                      Ummm....

yes?
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Yeah, thats why other Tech fans posted in this thread with games actually involving Tech.

Plus, I'm pretty sure tDarkness regrets not being at that game and wants to be able to go back and see it live so he can make fun of Frazee.
                        Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          The end of the 2002 season, DU, #1 seed, was 32-7-1 and "got" to play at Yost against Michigan in the NCAA regional. Gwozdecky was up for the Penrose. Frozen Four here we come. OOOPs the away team, Michigan won the game.
                          Do over--not have to play Michigan at yost, play in a different region. Or Win the game.
                          That is what you get for beating the Gophers in the Final Five Title game
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                            Plus, I'm pretty sure tDarkness regrets not being at that game and wants to be able to go back and see it live so he can make fun of Frazee.
                            Winner
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Maerrimack

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                                Ah, Randy Skarda. Probably still hears that OT 'clank' every night he goes to sleep. And Harvard didn't quite score on the next rush, but slightly later, When Harvard's Ed Krayer snuck a backhander off the faceoff under Robb Stauber at the 4:13 mark.

I was there that night as well, and of all the college hockey games I've ever seen, that one ranks as most dramatic from start to finish.

Speaking of my one do over, it would be 1986, when Denver lost to Harvard at the Frozen Four.
                                This would be my do over as well. However, Harvard still wins against Denver, but does not lose Hobey Baker winner Scott Fusco in the process.

With Fusco in the line-up, you have to think Harvard upends Michigan State and wrestles home the 1986 NCAA title (a game they had a nice lead in, but ran out of legs late...)

Comment

Working...
                                X