Your one do-over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

When I saw the title of this thread I instantly thought it was regarding one coach/player/assistant coach that you wish were never part of your program or wish never left the program. That's another interesting question for another time.

Regarding this question- For Wisconsin it's the 1992 NCAA title game hands down. I was only 12 years-old at the time, but i remember that game like it was yesterday. Wisconsin dominated the first 30 minutes and built a 2-0 lead and looked well on their way to a 6th title . Then they had a so many chances to put the game away only to falter down the stretch and lose 4-2(ENG). Some would say the refs dictated the game by giving LSSU 3 questionable 5-3 powerplays leading to goals, but good teams overcome that. When LSSU took the lead in the 3rd the Badger players and coaches were more concerned with going after the officials than tieing up the game.
    Last edited by sweatpants; 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

For the whole of college hockey: Travis Roy a few feet further from the boards, as mentioned earlier. No brainer.

For my beloved Dartmouth Big Green: The November '04 game against Princeton where Hugh Jessiman injured his ankle on a freak play. It's sad to see Hugh's name tossed around as a punchline the way it was in New York, and I think if he'd gotten through that season in reasonable health, that wouldn't be the case. Equally important, that should have been the best team of the Gaudet era, with five future NHL players (Lewis, Jones, Glass, Stempniak, Lovejoy) on one team, along with Jessiman (who SHOULD be the sixth), Nick Johnson, J.T. Wyman and Mike Ouellette. That team should have gone to the tournament, and if it had, we wouldn't still be wondering if Dartmouth will ever get over the hump.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        I know someone else who wants a do-over...

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
        Can my do-over be not being at that game.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
          Not really, I would've brought it up but that game as a whole doesn't bother me that much. To lose in that fashion in a championship game hurts way more.

But I still hate Mike Legg for that goal.
          No doubt that sucked!! Ol' S.Debus gets to see himself on ESPN every friggin spring for ever. I hated uomich for many years after that game, but we kicked their tails like ten in a row, to bad they won the game that counted the most.............

Comment

As a quasi Michigan fan, I would like to say sitting in the audience during the last Frozen Four in Denver and watching that half of the game against Notre Dame was abysmal, can that be stricken from the records please.

Also watching Michigan State win the title in St. Louis sucked also, can that game be replayed please.
            Last edited by The Darkness; 07-08-2009, 08:00 AM.
            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
              Also watching Michigan State win the title in St. Louis was beautiful, can that game be replayed please.
              I have the official DVD ... and I replay it on average every few weeks

Comment

The 1982 title game against UND. Win that game and Wisconsin would eventually end up with the three-peat.

Comment

I have several, but the one my brain goes back to is this. NMU leads at the end of 2, and then allows 4 goals in the 3rd (and kicked a few of those in.)

A distant second would be this game. We wouldn't give up that goal.

Oh, heck, lets add in pretty much every other CCHA semi while we're at it.
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                    I have several, but the one my brain goes back to is this. NMU leads at the end of 2, and then allows 4 goals in the 3rd (and kicked a few of those in.)

A distant second would be this game. We wouldn't give up that goal.

Oh, heck, lets add in pretty much every other CCHA semi while we're at it.
                    I see your call, and I raise you this game.
                    Craig Kowalski can't keep his legs closed for five minutes, and blows the game.

Actually, if there was ONE game that I wish to be re-done, I'd agree that any of the CCHA semi-final games that NMU has lost in the last decade are eligible.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Anyone else care to make the obligatory "Girls of Northern Michigan" joke here?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                        Is it even necessary to ask a Miami fan what their do over is?

Unless you're a Redhawk fan, does any of us really have a gripe here? 60 seconds, and 2 goals. It's like Nicholas Cages' straight flush against James Caan in "Honeymoon in Vegas". There's no way you're going to lose.
                        The beauty of sports. Reading the above brought a huge grin to my face. So awesome.

I'm with Rover. While it's easy to wish for one more second for Tony Amonte, or that Shawn McEachern's puck crossed the line instead of hitting both posts, somehow, 1997 was worse. After beating that Michigan team, there is NO WAY, BU should have lost to a very young North Dakota squad. The "do-over" is to turn the 2nd period from a "5" to a "0"

I love this thread. Keep 'em coming. Oh, and nice sig BoSox3066.

I can't believe BC fans haven't brought up 1998 yet. Who hit the post again in OT? It was quite the clanger.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

2009 beanpot championship game. Would have been great to see NU beat BU. can't wait to see what happens in the first round next year (NU v. BU, BC v. Harvard)
                          Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Anyone else care to make the obligatory "Girls of Northern Michigan" joke here?
                            I think it was implied.

There are several "do-overs" from the last three seasons that I can think of, but the biggest would certainly be Eric Kattelus (I think it was him) clanking the post just seconds before Michigan scored to win the 2008 GLI in double OT. Move that puck three inches to the left and the game ends with a different result.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              I see your call, and I raise you this game.
                              Change the result of that game and you probably get rid of MEg and the Misfits too. Although I'm sure your team loves seeing a full section of Tech fans once a year at the Berry

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              There are several "do-overs" from the last three seasons that I can think of, but the biggest would certainly be Eric Kattelus (I think it was him) clanking the post just seconds before Michigan scored to win the 2008 GLI in double OT. Move that puck three inches to the left and the game ends with a different result.
                              I'd be willing to bet that our season would have had a dramatically different ending too. Just the momentum/morale swing would have had a significant impact, not to mention the RPI/pairwise changes. It just unleashes a whole chain of "what-ifs"
                              Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by milzie View Post
                                The 1982 title game against UND. Win that game and Wisconsin would eventually end up with the three-peat.
                                Yup, and I think the specific do-over move is put Mark Behrend in goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X