Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your one do-over.

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

In any event, I think had Lessard scored on the 2-on-0, DU would have been toast at 4-1, and UMD would have played Maine for all the marbles...
    Very true. If Lessard passes the puck there, it's an easy tap-in goal. Instead, he got greedy and wanted his hat trick. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time...
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

For Maine the 2002 title game with Morrison in net instead of Yeats. Or just a do-over on the faceoff in Maine's end with under a minute left that they blew and the tying goal ended up in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        I'd move that skate a half inch in the '04 Denver game.
        That was my first thought.

Comment

That I've seen: 2004 national championship against Denver, skate moved out of the crease.
          2007 FF semi, Maine doesn't collapse up 2-0 on MSU

That I've heard all about:
          2002 NC, No icing, no game tying goal...
          1992: regional final, tying goal against MSU counts

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

'89 Championship is definitely on the top of my list of game changers for Minnesota.

However #2 is... I would take away the Mike Legg goal. I don't care if MN lost (blew!) the game as much as I don't ever want to see that play on TV (in commercials now!) ever again.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              '89 Championship is definitely on the top of my list of game changers for Minnesota.

However #2 is... I would take away the Mike Legg goal. I don't care if MN lost (blew!) the game as much as I don't ever want to see that play on TV (in commercials now!) ever again.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

ok ... that was more smirk than smile.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                  Something to keep the creative juices flowing here everybody. Pick that one game, from the entire history of games you've watched that if you could play it over again because your team lost on a flukey goal or a back call perhaps. A loss to a big rival, or something from tournement time perhaps??
                  Two choices for NU:
                  1994 vs. Lake Superior in the NCAA tournament
                  2002 Beanpot final vs. BU

I lean towards the latter, as I just don't think the 1994 team was strong enough in goal to win it all (though they could score with anyone on their day). The Beanpot was really painful, that was Fahey's senior season and he had scored the 3-2 goal (wound up logging something like 45 minutes of ice time in that game).

Maybe the 1994 Beanpot, too... with Harvard upsetting BU, NU would have had a great shot at winning if we had only been able to win the OT game vs. BC.

One really obvious choice for ND:
                  2008 national title game. Change the result, and we win the title. Duh. I wonder how that game might have changed if the disputed goal had been ruled good, considering how well ND started the period.

Two second choices for ND, too:
                  2007 regional final vs. Michigan State, which maybe could be done by making the Alabama-Huntsville game end in regulation.
                  2009 regional game vs. Bemidji

The second choices are more interesting here. I lean towards the former, as I think ND might very well have won the national title if they'd made it through the MSU game. By comparison, as much as I like the 2009 team, they would have had some really tough tests to even get to the title game, let alone win it.
                  Last edited by Craig P.; 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                  Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
                    Is it even necessary to ask a Miami fan what their do over is?

Unless you're a Redhawk fan, does any of us really have a gripe here? 60 seconds, and 2 goals. It's like Nicholas Cages' straight flush against James Caan in "Honeymoon in Vegas". There's no way you're going to lose.

As a Gopher fan, I don't think I should ever get sympothy for Harvard in '89 when Miami went through what they did this year. {Shudder}

As far as I'm concerned, game over for Miami and this thread.
                    There was this one game, in April, in Washington D.C. ... sigh...
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

I know someone else who wants a do-over...

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TXMnye_8wfg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        I know someone else who wants a do-over...
                        The more noticeable thing to me was that it was 3-3 in the 1st period. Dueling sieves that night!
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                          2004 UMD leading Denver 3-1 going into the 3rd and owning that game. F-U Puck Swami. I would like to destroy Lucas "how much roids can I take" Dora as well.
                          Check your rep Hoser.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          - Casey Pierre-Zabotel gets one more crack at his entrance exams
                          Not a bad pick there.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

Anybody else here kinda surprised that it took 50 posts for Mike Legg to be mention?? I would have thought that one would have shown up sooner.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/box/?date=20040...e=und&gender=m

That was one stacked Sioux team.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              Anybody else here kinda surprised that it took 50 posts for Mike Legg to be mention?? I would have thought that one would have shown up sooner.
                              Not really, I would've brought it up but that game as a whole doesn't bother me that much. To lose in that fashion in a championship game hurts way more.

But I still hate Mike Legg for that goal.
                              04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                              USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                              I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                              Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                              I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

For ohio state i would say the 2004 tournament game vs Wisconsin. 0-0 in OT the badgers get a rebound and stuff it in the open net to win 1-0. That was a heart breaker for ohio state in a game i thought they had some of the better chances and Caurso was so good and gave up few rebounds and when he does give up one they stuff it in.

A second one for the bucks would be this years game 3 vs UAF in the conference tourney. losing 1-0 in the last minute on a very fluky goal from the corner that goes of the goal stick and between his legs. Then they come down and just miss the top corner to send it into overtime. If they win that one probably means a different opponent in the NCAA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X