This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Screw It, Somebody Look Up The Cheat Codes

I give that sod 2 months before someone does something incredibly stupid to ruin it, or it just plain dies
    @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
    I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

So, if big jake is not to be here, who takes his place?
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Our shattered hopes and dreams?

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Having Gwilliam back will help a lot. I just hope he stays healthy and doesn't resort to taking any pointers from the Jimmy Kerr Captain's Manual.

Eric Kattelus could surprise people with a good, injury-free junior year. The guy's got the skills to do so.

Alex MacLeod, if he can do a better job avoiding the sin bin, should pot at least a few more pucks this year. The PP goals are good, but if he can keep that up, add some 5x5 tallies, and take fewer penalties, I think he'd help our pathetic offense a lot.

Beyond that, I'm sort of wondering whether Dobson will stay up front, or whether he will move back to shore up the defense. With the graduation of Kinrade and Schwarz, keeping Drew up front means we'd be left with four returning defensemen (Cousens, Doriott, Kivisto, and Vlaisavljevich) and probably three freshmen (Brown, Nielson, and Seigo).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Having Gwilliam back will help a lot. I just hope he stays healthy and doesn't resort to taking any pointers from the Jimmy Kerr Captain's Manual.

Eric Kattelus could surprise people with a good, injury-free junior year. The guy's got the skills to do so.

Alex MacLeod, if he can do a better job avoiding the sin bin, should pot at least a few more pucks this year. The PP goals are good, but if he can keep that up, add some 5x5 tallies, and take fewer penalties, I think he'd help our pathetic offense a lot.

Beyond that, I'm sort of wondering whether Dobson will stay up front, or whether he will move back to shore up the defense. With the graduation of Kinrade and Schwarz, keeping Drew up front means we'd be left with four returning defensemen (Cousens, Doriott, Kivisto, and Vlaisavljevich) and probably three freshmen (Brown, Nielson, and Seigo).
            The thought of that defensive corps really makes me nervous. I think that they will try Dobson up front early on, and see if the freshmen d-men can pull their weight, with the backup plan to be moving Dobson back to D.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
              There is something very wrong about this picture.
              that those hosers couldn't lay sod straight if their lifes depended on it?? Its been layed down all crooked!
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                that those hosers couldn't lay sod straight if their lifes depended on it?? Its been layed down all crooked!
                Eh, they'll just be replacing it every summer anyway. Between frisbockey, broomball, and oozeball, that sod won't stand a chance after Sept. 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Eh, they'll just be replacing it every summer anyway. Between frisbockey, broomball, and oozeball, that sod won't stand a chance after Sept. 1st.
                  The new field area also has a sprinkler system.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I'm guessing that they won't be digging this new sodded area up for oozeball like they did the old area. That would be pretty stupid, but then again, I've seen pretty stupid decisions made at Tech many times.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I'm guessing that they won't be digging this new sodded area up for oozeball like they did the old area. That would be pretty stupid, but then again, I've seen pretty stupid decisions made at Tech many times.
                      You phrased that as if at some point you'd seen a smart decision made at Tech

Originally posted by Jon

Comment

sighted in Houghton: an optimist!
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                          They bought nacho cheese dispensers when they remodeled Wads.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                            They also decided to pass the Experience thingy, which makes life easier for people like who decides to enjoy their life by taking advantage of the ski hills and golf course and hockey games, of course this decision may also lead to the destruction of the student section since it obvious was not implemented right, so the jury might still be out on that one.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Continue.
                              I just want to say this is the best thread title on the D1 board, ever.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                sighted in Houghton: an optimist!

Someone call the NCAA, I think JR's been providing hallucinogens to the new recruits.

Comment

Working...
                                X