USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

USHCO.com is looking for nominations for threads that should be included in the USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame. If you feel that a particular thread is Hall-of-Fame worthy, please post a nomination (with the name of the thread included) here.

From the description of the Fan Forum Hall of Fame:

"Some threads just need their own place where those that come later can see. This is that place. Check out some of the threads that we have labeled as worthy of being passed from generation to generation of USCHO.com Fan Forum users."
    USCHO.com Fan Forum Moderator
    Board Guidelines

Re: USCHO.com Fan Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Somehow, someway in the vast expanse of the Internet and the cache of this Forum there must be a way to dig up, from 2002 the thread that started the craze of writing the obituary before someone's actually dead and ending up only with egg on your face.

The thread I mean, of course, is the one started by our own beloved Bruce Ciskie titled "Ding Dong the Wings Are Dead." I would also suggest the follow-up thread(s) that saw through to the end of the playoffs that year culminating with Detroit eventually winning the Stanley Cup.

Others have followed years later to imitate and recreate (CommAvHusky's thread congratulating the Yankees prematurely in 2004 for one), however Bruce's thread is the originator and also gave rise to the fall and dislike of hockey luminaries like Dan Cloutier and Matt Cooke. Will we ever not laugh at the picture of Cloutier with a beach ball behind him?

Well, maybe MoFan or crazycanuck won't but they're special unto themselves.

I know Cafe threads don't generally get selected for the Hall of Fame except for extremely rare circumstances, however this one is amusing unto itself and if it can, indeed, be rescued from USCHO Internet oblivion it should get to live on in infamy and serve as a lesson for all those trying to prematurely woof.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

My quiz for UVM fans. The one that devolved into Bobo comparing people to tire swings and kicking {PROVICED out of Hockey Rast.

And please, finally... Chuck Murray's "Da Godfaddah": if not the original, than the re-print he did last year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Every NCAA Championship score thread.

The newbie guide: "Newbie Guide: It's Back! (finally!)" http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=55223
        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Anything by Chimera or Cheerleader. Or fans of JVR.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Top 10 Reasons Bourque Left School

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=49026&page=3

A collaboration between nubobcat and stevef

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
              Somehow, someway in the vast expanse of the Internet and the cache of this Forum there must be a way to dig up, from 2002 the thread that started the craze of writing the obituary before someone's actually dead and ending up only with egg on your face.

The thread I mean, of course, is the one started by our own beloved Bruce Ciskie titled "Ding Dong the Wings Are Dead." I would also suggest the follow-up thread(s) that saw through to the end of the playoffs that year culminating with Detroit eventually winning the Stanley Cup.

Others have followed years later to imitate and recreate (CommAvHusky's thread congratulating the Yankees prematurely in 2004 for one), however Bruce's thread is the originator and also gave rise to the fall and dislike of hockey luminaries like Dan Cloutier and Matt Cooke. Will we ever not laugh at the picture of Cloutier with a beach ball behind him?

Well, maybe MoFan or crazycanuck won't but they're special unto themselves.

I know Cafe threads don't generally get selected for the Hall of Fame except for extremely rare circumstances, however this one is amusing unto itself and if it can, indeed, be rescued from USCHO Internet oblivion it should get to live on in infamy and serve as a lesson for all those trying to prematurely woof.
              I second this nomination.
              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Holy Cross 4, Minnesota 3.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

All of the Joe Thornton threads, dating, trades and otherwise.
                  04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                  USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                  I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                  Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                  I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

http://www.aa-design.com/superfan_complete.htm

Da Godfaddah (and the other similar threads from that time period).

Tried a few search terms and couldn't find the actual threads.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Anything by Chimera or Cheerleader. Or fans of JVR.
                      Too bad it's gone, but MEg's Bump on Her Head (started by the Rube, IIRC) would've been a sure bet.

Oh, and any of Chuck Murray's early stories not already in the HOF should be.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Les Expos (1969-2002): No Regrets

Outstanding collection of a devoted fan's long goodbye.
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Too bad it's gone, but MEg's Bump on Her Head (started by the Rube, IIRC) would've been a sure bet.

Oh, and any of Chuck Murray's early stories not already in the HOF should be.
                          Ritt had this truly bizarre story where acs64 was a catapult. I forgot the rest of it.
                          I'd love to see some of the other hockey stories. I had an okay story where people from USCHO were Knights of the Round Table. And it was in Middle English.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I remember those.

I still can't locate the Chuck and Bobo Trials.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Got Rep? The Off Season Edition

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=68623

The first of the rep threads to reach 1000 posts. Also it's the first poll thread to ever reach 1000 posts. Couldn't figure out which was the first rep thread overall but I would nominate that as well.
                              Last edited by Chickens@NU; 05-29-2008, 09:33 AM.
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Working...
                              X