Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCHC Playoffs

Tuesday 2/25: Nazareth at Elmira 7pm.

I would expect a close game. Elmira plays better on the road so I am a bit nervous. My prediction is EC 3 Naz 2.
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Re: UCHC Playoffs

Tuesday: Battle of the birds haha, I think it'll be a close, hard-fought game. EC scrapes by 5-4.

As far as Neumann v. Stevenson: Neumann hangs tough but Stevenson pulls away, Stevenson wins 6-2.

Which could then set up Utica v. Elmira (could be a tough matchup!) and Wilkes v. Stevenson.
    Utica Pioneers Hockey
    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post

Which could then set up Utica v. Elmira (could be a tough matchup!) and Wilkes v. Stevenson.
      Could be? EC beat UC in Utica and the game in Elmira was tied most of the game. EC held UC to only 3 shots on goal in the first period. Fear the Eagle 😎
      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

All the games should be dog-fights, with every team aside from Utica playing for its NCAA life. Very tough tournament to predict.

Comment

Halfway through the 2nd period at Elmira its 2-0 Nazareth

Edit: After 2 its 3-0 Nazareth

Edit....oh my. Less than 4 minutes into the 3rd period, its now 3-2
          Last edited by UCBadger; 02-25-2020, 07:38 PM.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Nazareth with the road upset of Elmira!

It'll be:

Nazareth or Neumann @ Utica

Stevenson or Nazareth @ Wilkes

Comment

Final from Elmira: 5-2 Nazareth.
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                Final from Elmira: 5-2 Nazareth.
                Well, there you go...

I don't see an AL possibly coming from the UCHC now, unless Wilkes wins-out and gets some gigantic, perfect-storm, PWR help.

Of course, any remaining team could "earn" an AQ!

I wonder how Neumann is looking tonight? (Not wondering enough to look it up.)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-25-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Well, there you go...

I don't see an AL possibly coming from the UCHC now, unless Wilkes wins-out and gets some gigantic, perfect-storm, PWR help.

I wonder how Neumann is looking tonight? (Not wondering enough to look it up! )
                  Check back tomorrow......
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                    Check back tomorrow......
                    Yeah, I figured.

But Neumann should be golfing right now, in any case.

Comment

Well, there you go...

I wonder how Neumann is looking tonight? (Not wondering enough to look it up.)
                      You don't think Utica can get an at-large bid?
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        You don't think Utica can get an at-large bid?
                        Of course they would, even if they lose-out until the NCAA's begin. And I'll predicted a #2 seed.

Sorry, I parsed my comment inaccurately, but Utica looks like a lock to me in any case.

The idiotic AQ's might-well stir the mix, but UC is in no matter what at this point. And almost certainly with a 1st-round bye.

All the RS calculi should be over by now, but people sure love those absurd conference tournament side-shows. I'll never understand that.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-25-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Of course they would, even if they lose-out until the NCAA's begin. And I'll predicted a #2 seed.

Sorry, I parsed my comment inaccurately, but Utica looks like a lock to me in any case.

The idiotic AQ's might-well stir the mix, but UC is in no matter what at this point. And almost certainly with a 1st-round bye.

All the RS calculi should be over by now, but people sure love those absurd conference tournament side-shows. I'll never understand that.
                          Why play the games anyway? Why not just crown a championship after a said number of games? Cause the is what makes it a sport, you work all season to peak at the right time

Comment

Great game last night, guess Naz is picking it up and winning when it matters. Barring a Neumann upset, a Naz v. UC series is going to be interesting with Naz heating up now. Also, a series rematch from last year's semi-finals. Now the waiting to see how tonight's game will play out.

And to touch on the NCAA stuff quick, the 2012-13 team got a berth/first round bye and didn't win the conference tournament that year. They got in mainly, I believe, because of how the regular season played out and staying in the top 10 for rankings for the better part of the season. *knock on wood* if somehow Utica doesn't manage to get the AQ from the conference tournament, I agree they'll definitely be in the NCAA's. They've been holding strong at #2 in the PWR for a few weeks now and have shown they're worthy of a spot.
                            Last edited by UCfan30; 02-26-2020, 07:28 AM.
                            Utica Pioneers Hockey
                            2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                            2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                            2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                            2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Well, there you go...

If Wilkes wins out they will need zero PWR help as they will have earned their conference AQ.

If Utica loses in the UCHC tournament, they likely do not need a PWR “perfect storm” to get in either.

Comment

Working...
                              X