Question for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for members

Does anybody care about teams outside their conference? I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much interaction between members like there used to be only a few short seasons ago. What's changed?
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Re: Question for members

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    Does anybody care about teams outside their conference? I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much interaction between members like there used to be only a few short seasons ago. What's changed?
    Good question. People are more insular. I know that the CCC guys seem to just stick to their own thread, and the NESCAC group has disappeared for the most part. I see a lot of bluster from the Oswego crew as usual, but overall there are a lot fewer active posters.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Good question. People are more insular. I know that the CCC guys seem to just stick to their own thread, and the NESCAC group has disappeared for the most part. I see a lot of bluster from the Oswego crew as usual, but overall there are a lot fewer active posters.
      This board has been dying a slow death for 10 years. There are so many other avenues to get information and talk with people now between twitter, instagram, text messaging, facebook and live video streaming.

Today's generation communicates through social media tools like snapchat and text messages.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

I miss the good old days

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          This board has been dying a slow death for 10 years. There are so many other avenues to get information and talk with people now between twitter, instagram, text messaging, facebook and live video streaming.

Today's generation communicates through social media tools like snapchat and text messages.
          I find twitter chaotic, and have no clue what instagram is or what snapchat is. I like a site where I can exchange ideas about a particular topic. The good thing about the decrease in traffic here is that at least the trolls don't show up as often.

Comment

I find twitter chaotic, and have no clue what instagram is or what snapchat is. I like a site where I can exchange ideas about a particular topic. The good thing about the decrease in traffic here is that at least the trolls don't show up as often.
            ......yeah ,but they have been replaced by ads, ads, ads and more ads.....
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I find twitter chaotic, and have no clue what instagram is or what snapchat is. I like a site where I can exchange ideas about a particular topic.
              I agree with you wholeheartedly. But times change. If they didn't, we never would have had the Internet in the first place. Heck, we used to be all on the d3hockey email list. What was this web thing people kept talking about? Then, it killed the email list. The next change is now killing the web discussion boards.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Heck, we used to be all on the d3hockey email list.
                I can remember rushing home in the early years of "The Berg" to report the results and scorers
                Steve Day(NU71)
                Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Heck, we used to be all on the d3hockey email list.
                  Some of us used to use our dad's email address flapping our gums about God knows what and starting a flamefest with you.

Now, I'm a dad...
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Some of us used to use our dad's email address flapping our gums about God knows what and starting a flamefest with you.

Now, I'm a dad...
                    It has been interesting to see you grow, mature, and for me to age

Comment

Perhaps there's more reading than writing these days.

Comment

The thing -at least to me- is that Twitter eg doesn't permit a protracted rant. (!47 characters, or whatever?) Brevity isn't the soul of wit as to hockey, necessarily, and you never know who you'll run-into on Twitter.

We old-timers will keep this thing going until we can't. It's certainly not as a active as it once was, but it still features the best content, IMO.

Comment

Man I have trouble keeping up with my conf....It also seems like there are sooo many new teams here in the east cant keep track,as for the west I can barely keep St.Johns and St.Marys separate...

Comment

Like bak, East only and only the front runners out of the West...(may they all have early deaths in the NCAAS)

Comment

The death of the forum

This board has been dying a slow death for 10 years.
                              It certainly doesn't help when the team you support sucks. Look at all the teams having "down" years, and the corresponding absence of threads dedicated to their teams. Seems that once your team goes into a funk, the posting momentum is lost forever.

Also, and probably more influential, the number of posters whose sole intent is to create flame-fests and ridicule others' opinions. There are/were a bunch of them from Lake Forest, Utica, Plattsburgh, Norwich, Potsdam & Elmira who collectively drove a number of us off the board. For each new opinionated, combative poster that joined, a more rationale poster would leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X