X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun Devil Hockey

I'm lonely, by myself in this thread?

Re: Sun Devil Hockey

If Arizona State stays ranked in the top ten I doubt you will be alone for long. Keep winning like they have been such as sweeping Denver (#4) and one over Michigan State (#17) and they’ll be fine.

Comment

Good article on Sanchez here.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...nce-Paying.php

Fourth round Detroit prospect Ryan O’Reilly becomes the highest draft pick to join the team.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic...14825_30798716

Comment

Sanchez is doing great. Was too bad a key player was let go for breaking team rules, but coach Powers has integrity, won't put up with self imposed problems for the teams sake.

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
          If Arizona State stays ranked in the top ten I doubt you will be alone for long. Keep winning like they have been such as sweeping Denver (#4) and one over Michigan State (#17) and they’ll be fine.
          I think the second game with DU was a tie, wasn't it?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I think the second game with DU was a tie, wasn't it?
            I stand corrected. That’s what I get for checking too quickly. Still though, a lot of people complained about Arizona’s ranking last year saying they didn’t deserve it. A win and a tie against DU is nice evidence that so far this year they belong where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
              I stand corrected. That’s what I get for checking too quickly. Still though, a lot of people complained about Arizona’s ranking last year saying they didn’t deserve it. A win and a tie against DU is nice evidence that so far this year they belong where they are.
              Have to be careful between polls & algorithm ranking. Maybe they were ranked too high last year but then that is a perceived problem with pairwise.

Comment

Just helping you along....
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Good to see. Keep it going. (maybe visit Sioux Sports Forum hockey for topics/ideas etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    Just helping you along....
                    I recall watching him at Fargo Force games. I thought he was on the Clark Cup team back in 2017-18 and had committed to ASU at that time, but seems I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by skolbrother View Post
                      Good to see. Keep it going. (maybe visit Sioux Sports Forum hockey for topics/ideas etc.)
                      Thanks! Just did my annual trip to The Ralph. Used to sneak into The Barn back in the 1960's. My brother would steal a stick or two from the team back then. Lots of shenanigans under the bleachers but only until the warming rooms beaconed..... I played for EGF teams until my folks showed me that winter doesn't have to be frozen and white as we moved to Phoenix. Gave up hockey then as there was only 1 rink in town and it was tough to get people up from laying on the ice to cool off.......

Comment

i read the Sanchez-article ... is he NHL-material? what about Maniscalco?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Danger View Post
                          i read the Sanchez-article ... is he NHL-material? what about Maniscalco?
                          I don't know at this point. If they continue the trajectory they are on, then probably yes. But some of that also has to do with timing of being drafted vs. other prospects and their talents & experience (?)

Comment

Any updates on the new rink?
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Best I could find was in May 2019 they put out the RFP but I didn’t see anything about them selecting a contractor or a groundbreaking. If anyone has something more recent I’d be interested too.

https://azbe*****/rfp-issued-for-new...-sports-arena/

As of spring they thought a groundbreaking in late 2019 was possible.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...zona-State.php

Comment

Working...
                              X