Wjc 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wjc 2020

I'll be making the trip to Ostrava for three of the US Prelim games.

Anyone else going this year?
    Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 12-12-2019, 12:47 PM.

Re: Wjc 2020

The players, I imagine.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I wish I was going...what an excellent idea for a trip
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

We're looking at 28 on the US camp roster, with 23 of those going to Czechia.

I'm a bit surprised Pinto from UND was invited, despite his performance so far. Anyone know how many players not on the summer camp list have made the team recently?

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1070336

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

I'm a bit surprised Pinto from UND was invited, despite his performance so far. Anyone know how many players not on the summer camp list have made the team recently?

Ask a Badger fan about how confused we are about Miller and Emberson.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If I understand your question correctly, it looks like two of the 28 players on the WJC preliminary roster weren't at the 44 player WJSS evaluation camp: D Alec Regula and F Robert Mastrosimone.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
              If I understand your question correctly, it looks like two of the 28 players on the WJC preliminary roster weren't at the 44 player WJSS evaluation camp: D Alec Regula and F Robert Mastrosimone.
              Good to know.

I meant more in general during the past few years, how many players eventually made the final WJC team without having been to the WJSS eval camp? I'd imagine the number is pretty low.

Comment

Good to know.

I meant more in general during the past few years, how many players eventually made the final WJC team without having been to the WJSS eval camp? I'd imagine the number is pretty low.
                I agree that it's probably a rare occurrence. Someone with more background and analytical skills than I possess could determine. Since this article re. 2020 snubs and surprises cites injury as the cause in Mastrosimone's case, I'm sure it's been repeated with some modest regularity in the past.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...-and-surprises

Comment

Working...
                X