Yale Bulldogs 2019-2020 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs 2019-2020 season thread

First official game is against Brown Nov 1. Yale tied Brown 3-3 and was beaten by Princeton 3-1 in the scrimmage at Princeton on the 26th. Yale will rely heavily on some first year players on offense. The defense is much more experienced than the front line. Kaczperski should be the de-facto starter in goal, but you never know until the first game who Allain will play in goal.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2019-2020 season thread

A pretty good opener. I would like to see more 3rd period strength and a better PP. Let's see how they react tomorrow on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
      A pretty good opener. I would like to see more 3rd period strength and a better PP. Let's see how they react tomorrow on the road.
      They did seem to fade at the beginning of the third. I was surprised to see Tabakin quarterbacking the power play, but he did a great job distributing the puck and walking the line. Reminded me of a smaller Tommy Fallen. Ong looked pretty good and quick, but also very small. Curtis Hall played an excellent game and seems to be growing into his skates. Kaz was solid in goal, a couple of dicey rebounds, but I don't believe he had a chance on either Brown goal. Yale, as usual, is small and fast and was the better all-around team last night. As with last season there was some trouble burying pucks which should have been in the net.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Attended the game in Providence, Yale came out flat and stayed that way, not much else to be said. Scoreless 5-3 powerplay by Yale sealed the deal. Yale also needs to stay out of the box, too many dumb penalties. Especially by #6.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Attended the game in Providence, Yale came out flat and stayed that way, not much else to be said. Scoreless 5-3 powerplay by Yale sealed the deal. Yale also needs to stay out of the box, too many dumb penalties. Especially by #6.
          Missed the game and it sounds like I didnt miss much. Still early, I don't think we will be able to get a real read on this team for a month.

Comment

Tough one to lose. Yale got stronger as the game went on. Yale seems to have the same problem they have had the last couple of years. Someone or a couple of someone's to put the puck in the net, especially on the power play.

With all due respect to Joe Snively.

Comment

Only caught the last five minutes online and it seems that Yale can't make that crisp pass, especially during the powerplay. Tough start to the season. does not bode well.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Not much to said except Cornell dominated every aspect of the game. I think it is going to be a very long season for Yale.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Not much to said except Cornell dominated every aspect of the game. I think it is going to be a very long season for Yale.
                  While I'm usually a pessimist, I think they have played two decent games and two bad games. Hopefully, we will see more consistently as the season progresses.

Comment

Yes, but you guys have an NC$$ title in Snoop Dogg's lifetime.

I'm sure Allain will get them back into shape; he's a good coach.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Yes, but you guys have an NC$$ title in Snoop Dogg's lifetime.

I'm sure Allain will get them back into shape; he's a good coach.
                      He is, but the recruiting is not there, although you could say that they won the Natty with similar type players. I think they still have not recovered from the loss of Dan Muse in the Asst. and recruiting dept.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale is finding different ways to lose each week. Against Colgate, two early goals against held up and tonight a late goal beats them. And, of course, two blowouts. Let's hope they play better this Saturday than they have the last couple of weeks. At least this Saturday game is at home.

Comment

By the time I turned on the game it was already 4-0, so I passed. I did look at the stats and at the time Yale was ahead in SOG about 35 to 23 or so.

Just a bad game by the Yale goaltender or a great game by the Harvard goalie or should I tell my statistics to shut up like Charlie Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                            By the time I turned on the game it was already 4-0, so I passed. I did look at the stats and at the time Yale was ahead in SOG about 35 to 23 or so.

Just a bad game by the Yale goaltender or a great game by the Harvard goalie or should I tell my statistics to shut up like Charlie Brown.
                            Your goalies were hung out to dry by some awful turnovers and terrible D zone coverage. The second Harvard goal was fluky at best but the rest were legit. The shorthanded goal that Krushko scored should never have happened. Looked like the team had quit by that point. Our goalie played his best game in a Harvard uni.

Comment

A win is a win. Not exactly a dominating performance, but I think at this point just getting a win is important.

I dont think I have ever seen 3 empty net goals before.

Comment

Working...
                              X