Flohockey--is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flohockey--is it worth it?

A new season is upon us so time to assess all the TV/stream options. I am coming around on Flo because it has four leagues--

non BTN-televised Big 14 games WCHA Atlantic Hockey NCHC (apparently, did not realize this considering NCHC has its own deal)

Flo is either $30 per month or $150/12.50 month annually. My big question is how many televised broadcasts does flo show?

That to me is most important. Nothing sucked more than buying WCHA one-offs to find a horrible stream. My alma mater is in the NCHC and while the NCHC broadcasts are usually good, I want as much programming as possible and am willing to watch other leagues if they have good broadcasts.

Of course, there's ESPN+ for $5, which is the cheapest. This is how I have gone over the last few years but I'm willing to consider flo.

Also, does flow allow multiple users per account at once?

Any thoughts?
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Re: Flohockey--is it worth it?

As a fan of a current WCHA team, where pretty much every game Lake Superior State plays (besides I think only the Notre Dame series), I think it's worth it despite it being pricy for the yearly subscription. I wouldn't be able to follow college hockey very easily without it. Admittedly, Lake Superior State's feed quality isn't as good as some others, but watching the Michigan feed vs. Lake State right now maybe I shouldn't complain about LSSU's feed. At least Lake State has a good home announcer (even if it is just a radio feed piped in) and puts the scoreboard on the screen. I also will sometimes check out some Michigan State games that are on there or other former CCHA teams, so that's a nice plus too. But for a fan of Lake State, I'll take it especially with being able to see them have their best season in over 20 years last year.

Comment

Paid the 30 for UND and Mankato for a month. I will probably get the year package next year. I pay 100 plus for NCHC games and do not get NC games on the road.

Comment

The yearly subscription of $150 is worth it for all the games you could potentially watch. The fact that I'm retired and and can start drinking whiskey at 3:00 in the afternoon as I watch numerous games, and still go to Nook home games at 7:00 AST is just a bonus.

Comment

I signed up but via Roku I cannot watch. it gives me an error message and says content unavailable. so I have to use my laptop and then hook it up to the TV and then I get to watch but it's a pain in the butt.
          Tech support is no help.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            The fact that I'm retired and and can start drinking whiskey at 3:00 in the afternoon as I watch numerous games, and still go to Nook home games at 7:00 AST is just a bonus.
            what time you get up?...............3:30
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
              A new season is upon us so time to assess all the TV/stream options. I am coming around on Flo because it has four leagues--

non BTN-televised Big 14 games WCHA Atlantic Hockey NCHC (apparently, did not realize this considering NCHC has its own deal)

Flo is either $30 per month or $150/12.50 month annually. My big question is how many televised broadcasts does flo show?

That to me is most important. Nothing sucked more than buying WCHA one-offs to find a horrible stream. My alma mater is in the NCHC and while the NCHC broadcasts are usually good, I want as much programming as possible and am willing to watch other leagues if they have good broadcasts.

Of course, there's ESPN+ for $5, which is the cheapest. This is how I have gone over the last few years but I'm willing to consider flo.

Also, does flow allow multiple users per account at once?

Any thoughts?
              Most WCHA streams are fairly decent now. They still have the occasional hiccup where someone hits the wrong button and ends a stream mid-game, but that is rare (happens about once per season for BG away games).

The thing to remember with the subscription is you get more than just hockey. There's 23 different channels of mostly non-revenue sports. I know that doesn't mean a lot to some people, but I also know there's some that will watch anything their Alma Mater is involved with.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                Most WCHA streams are fairly decent now. They still have the occasional hiccup where someone hits the wrong button and ends a stream mid-game, but that is rare (happens about once per season for BG away games).

The thing to remember with the subscription is you get more than just hockey. There's 23 different channels of mostly non-revenue sports. I know that doesn't mean a lot to some people, but I also know there's some that will watch anything their Alma Mater is involved with.
                A nice side benefit is BTN Plus content from other sports on there. I know it's a hockey forum, but there has been some exhibition Big Ten basketball on there to start the season if anyone was interested in that.

Comment

Working...
                X