Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Excellent post ATW (as was Dan's and C-H-C's). Agree that this weekend is very important. Also agree that this team has a special 'chemistry' that I think is very good and it reflects on the ice, just in the fact that they work to the last whistle. Huge weekend for BOTH UNH and Maine...that said...GO 'CATS!!
    With Michigan at home (and non-conference) the Maine games are likely the most difficult challenges of the next 11 games (with the exception of their game against NU)...

They need a split to keep pace and remain headed in the right direction. They’re good enough to steal 3-or-4 (Maine likely is as well - especially with Swayman in goal) and if they can do that they can spring board into an extended stretch of winnable games (UM, - NU, - CU/PU, MC, WP, YU, Ivy BU)...

Schedule gets notably more difficult beginning with the second NU game - so now is the time to make hay, improve where you need to improve and continue to build confidence...
    Last edited by Dan; 11-14-2019, 01:45 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I think I can top dgerry, and his bday, Greg...

I used to wear a Nick Poole jersey as a 7th-Grader in 1993-94!

I also learned this summer, Greg, that one of my best elementary school friends had a father grinding with you around that time on the FOH board...

Nick Poole had great hair, at least that’s what my wife and my daughter told me. And, I was on the FOH board for 20 years, recruited by none other than Charlie Holt, who called me up one day at work and used that classic line “do you know anyone who might want to serve?” I took it hook,,line and sinker. It was a lot of fun for a lot of years until it no longer was.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

GAME DAY!! Here we go 'Cats!!! Finally finally we get to see Filip E on the ice Sat night! Anyone besides me going up?? #BeatMaine
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

"After Enduring Lengthy Ineligibility, Filip Engarås Set For UNH Debut"
          Includes Coach Souza's observations and a player profile.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
            "After Enduring Lengthy Ineligibility, Filip Engarås Set For UNH Debut"
            Includes Coach Souza's observations and a player profile.
            Very good write-up Mike. So I'm assuming he'll have this year and another full three seasons of eligibility. Do I have that right?
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Question please: Last year I was able to watch some games on the espn app. Is there anything like that this season? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by phb View Post
                Question please: Last year I was able to watch some games on the espn app. Is there anything like that this season? Thanks.
                Can't get the link to post right but there is a CBS Hockey app. Try to Google it.
                Last edited by e.cat; 11-15-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Can't get the link to post right but there is a CBS Hockey app. Try to Google it.
                  Thanks. So not free any more :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by phb View Post
                    Thanks. So not free any more :-)
                    Don't get me started

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      Very good write-up Mike. So I'm assuming he'll have this year and another full three seasons of eligibility. Do I have that right?
                      I don’t believe so Mac. The NCAA Eligibility Center’s decision is described as a penalty. If so, he would have eligibility for the rest of this season and for his junior and senior seasons.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• [QUOTE=e.cat;6865630]Don't get me started[/QUOTE

In these here United $tate$, with the ultimate capitalist in the White House, we’re lucky we can breathe for free. The CBS AllSports app is a pretty good deal $10/mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          I don’t believe so Mac. The NCAA Eligibility Center’s decision is described as a penalty. If so, he would have eligibility for the rest of this season and for his junior and senior seasons.
                          Hmmm! Thanks Mike. Doesn't seem fair, but as I learned too late, life is not fair!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            CBS feed not working, 20 minutes after puck drop. This is becoming a trend.
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                              CBS feed not working, 20 minutes after puck drop. This is becoming a trend.
                              Up for me now - but I have problems every time I try to start it up as well...

UNH up 1-0 on a Sato goal at the tail end (or just after a) PP for UNH. Not a good PP for either unit but Sato found a puck behind him just above the goal line, reached back and fired a bad angle shot over the shoulder of Swayman...

Maine forechecking physically and defensemen not named Gildon or Wyse struggling early for UNH.

Sly play from Robinson to draw the PP - as he watched the ME player enter on the forecheck and when his attention was directed behind the goal towards Gildon, Robinson turned his back and made himself as large as he could a top the crease so the ME skater would end up skating right through him. Which he did. For a tripping call...
                              Last edited by Dan; 11-15-2019, 07:02 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Up for me now - but I have problems every time I try to start it up as well...

UNH up 1-0 on a Sato goal at the tail end (or just after a) PP for UNH. Not a good PP for either unit but Sato found a puck behind him just above the goal line, reached back and fired a bad angle shot over the shoulder of Swayman...

Maine forechecking physically and defensemen not named Gildon or Wyse struggling early for UNH.
                                Yep, I joined just in time to see replay
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X